LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 24, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #931 of 5,225
I've been messing around with filter combinations and oddly enough, straight out of my V20 I still prefer red (b) and black (f) for a slightly relaxed treble and warm bass feel. With my more "smooth" sources such as the Centrance DACportable, I prefer the red (b) and blue (f). I was hoping I could just find one combo that was clearly superior and leave it. But now that I have two pairs, I think I'll set one up for my work rig and the other for my portable rig. Not a bad problem to have 
smily_headphones1.gif

My "A2 Pro" should be arriving soon. Oh how I miss the A2! 

-Collin-

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #932 of 5,225
Pony, like Peter said none are really mid forward but def give the Black/back and Blue/F a try, if you are looking for a small emphasis on bass this lends its hand to giving more presentation to the mids and treble. IMO.

Collin, yeah the Red Black is my new favorite. The Black and blue is still very good but to avoid changing two filters the Red Blue sounds just about the same, maybe a tad more bass and tad less air than the Black Blue

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #934 of 5,225
I just read in trinity thread someone ( a beta tester) compared the A4 with the new master 4 ( prototype ) and he found the A4 is ever better than the new master 4, , ,

For his personal preferences.

Regardless of that though, I have decided that this would be a nice addition to my collection. Should complement the upcoming master and the IT03 I already have nicely. And hopefully will be more comfortable for me than the IT03.

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #935 of 5,225
I just read in trinity thread someone ( a beta tester) compared the A4 with the new master 4 ( prototype ) and he found the A4 is ever better than the new master 4, , ,

Yeah Jackpot77, maybe he can provide the it03 vs A4 comparison that some want

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #936 of 5,225
Returned the initial pm4. The sound wasn't bad...but rather underwhelming for dual ba/dual dynamic hybrid. So yeah felt short in terms of resolution and clean space between instruments. Needed more subbass for me and that voices sometimes felt pretty hollow :frowning2:

Anyhow I trust everyone's word here no doubt. Just needed to compliment my dn2000 which I sent for repair.

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #937 of 5,225

Christmas is right on time!Penon Audio delivers in spades - 3 days from HK to .CA

Nice sound ootb. Not even a few minutes and I'm pretty excited. Will be running this mainly through my portable gear - Alo Rx iem amp with the original Ihifi 770 DAP. I can see why the highs and extensions are praised from the get go default config!

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #938 of 5,225
Yeah Jackpot77, maybe he can provide the it03 vs A4 comparison that some want

Will try and get something up after the Christmas shenanigans have died down - still in the middle of finishing up some way overdue stiff on the Dorado so everything elsehad been taking a back seat for the last few days.

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #939 of 5,225
For his personal preferences.

Regardless of that though, I have decided that this would be a nice addition to my collection. Should complement the upcoming master and the IT03 I already have nicely. And hopefully will be more comfortable for me than the IT03.

Thanks for pointing that out. Both the Master and the A4 are good in their price brackets and share a fairly similar (if not identical) level of technical ability, but they sound different (even with the tuning filters), so preference plays a huge part in which of these IEMs someone will prefer. I'm always wary putting comparisons up, as it's only my opinion based on my own preferences and listening criteria, and a subjective one at that.

Bottom line, for the upgrade price of the Master (£60) these are unlikely to leave people feeling short-changed, and for the RRP of the A4, the same logic applies.

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #940 of 5,225
I have the Master on order also.  I will be borrowing an it03 in a few weeks for a bit to compare to the FLC8S.   So I am interested in how the LZ-A4 falls into that mix given how much I like the LZ-A2.

I am surprised nobody is asking for a comparo with the Pinnacle units at the same price point also.

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #941 of 5,225
  I have the Master on order also.  I will be borrowing an it03 in a few weeks for a bit to compare to the FLC8S.   So I am interested in how the LZ-A4 falls into that mix given how much I like the LZ-A2.

I am surprised nobody is asking for a comparo with the Pinnacle units at the same price point also.

I compared to the Pinnacle unit in my review. The short story is that the A4 wins. 

I will be happy to compare to the Master 6 when I receive it in 2024.  
deadhorse.gif

-Collin-

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #943 of 5,225
  Hi,
can you help me test if changing the Pinnacle p1 hi-fi cable to lz-a4 will improve the sound of a4

Just to make sure I'm clear, you want me to try the silver-coated copper cable that came with the P1 on the LZ A4? Is there any reason you want to do this? The cable that comes with the A4 is great. It's softer, more supple and overall a more comfortable cable than the P1 cable. But, yes, if that's what you want I can try it. 

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #944 of 5,225
The P1 cable would probably make the A4 sound worse and the A4 cable make the P1 sound better. That is my guesstimate :)

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #945 of 5,225

Just to make sure I'm clear, you want me to try the silver-coated copper cable that came with the P1 on the LZ A4? Is there any reason you want to do this? The cable that comes with the A4 is great. It's softer, more supple and overall a more comfortable cable than the P1 cable. But, yes, if that's what you want I can try it. 

yes you are right, im looking for a cable that can improve the sound of A4. Please help me to see if the silver-coated copper cable will improve the sound of A4
Thanks 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back