LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 21, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #211 of 5,225
For those of you who tried the prototype, I have a question: do you find that your notes/thoughts on the nozzle/filter combinations are still valid? I wrote up a heck of a detailed list on every possible combination and it would be lovely if I didn't need to file that into the circular bin :)

-Collin-

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #212 of 5,225
  For those of you who tried the prototype, I have a question: do you find that your notes/thoughts on the nozzle/filter combinations are still valid? I wrote up a heck of a detailed list on every possible combination and it would be lovely if I didn't need to file that into the circular bin :)

-Collin-

I am not sure if all the prototypes had exactly the same color combinations, and if the same colors had the same effects, I remember Peter and I having different colored filter sets at that stage.

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #214 of 5,225
So the A4 is really a strong contender against PM4 :punch::sunglasses:

I hope so, should have the PM4 this week so will know for sure soon.

-Collin-

I'm pretty sure they're different when looking at the color on my prototype and what I'm using at the retail version. It does actually make sense if they're not the same as nice the tuning has changed quite a bit.

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #215 of 5,225
  can someone do a comparison with the 1More triple driver in terms of clarity and resolution

the 1more is quite a bit more v shaped than the A4, with teh configurations I have tried thus far. The 1more treble is more energetic and relatively more forward and overall A4 is more balanced compared to the 1more. The A4 won't wow you out of the box since it doesn't have the shimmer or sizzle of the 1more triple driver. 

Overall clarity and resolution sounds better on the A4 to my ears, the A4 is quite comfortable, its pop in and go. With the 1more, due to its thick and angled nozzle isn't as easy to pop in and get a good seal every time. I should mention that the 1more treble makes it harder to listen to at higher volumes vs the A4.

Remember, this is all relative of course. Does that mean the 1more triple driver is bad? Heck no, I love mine to bits! Its a lovely piece of kit, but the LZ A4 is a more mature and refined iem with a lot more flexibility.

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #216 of 5,225
Although I still haven't tried all filter combinations, the ones I have tried thus far have impressed me quite a bit, and so I can unreservedly say that the LZ A4 is a genuinely good iem, even at its price point. Kudos to LZ for taking the beta feedback into consideration. 

In fact I would venture and say that it is a really good iem, and that the A4 is quite the treat once you get the filters dialed in to your tastes. 
L3000.gif

@peter123 What do you think of it thus far bud?

Nov 22, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #217 of 5,225
Some more A4 eye candy.
Looking to get some solid time with them next 7 days while travelling.
The surprising thing for me was how good a sound they bring just plugged in a Macbook Air.

On to red/black now after dialing through a few....was using black/black before not black/grey...need my eyes tested.

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #218 of 5,225
  Although I still haven't tried all filter combinations, the ones I have tried thus far have impressed me quite a bit, and so I can unreservedly say that the LZ A4 is a genuinely good iem, even at its price point. Kudos to LZ for taking the beta feedback into consideration. 

In fact I would venture and say that it is a really good iem, and that the A4 is quite the treat once you get the filters dialed in to your tastes. 
L3000.gif

@peter123 What do you think of it thus far bud?

So far I'm very impressed. Just like you I'd like to try out all the filters before making any bold statements but I think it's safe alreay that this is yet another offering punching beyond its price 
gs1000.gif

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #221 of 5,225

the 1more is quite a bit more v shaped than the A4, with teh configurations I have tried thus far. The 1more treble is more energetic and relatively more forward and overall A4 is more balanced compared to the 1more. The A4 won't wow you out of the box since it doesn't have the shimmer or sizzle of the 1more triple driver. 

Overall clarity and resolution sounds better on the A4 to my ears, the A4 is quite comfortable, its pop in and go. With the 1more, due to its thick and angled nozzle isn't as easy to pop in and get a good seal every time. I should mention that the 1more treble makes it harder to listen to at higher volumes vs the A4.

Remember, this is all relative of course. Does that mean the 1more triple driver is bad? Heck no, I love mine to bits! Its a lovely piece of kit, but the LZ A4 is a more mature and refined iem with a lot more flexibility.

Thanks for the comparison. Personally, I like the 1More tri sound signature. This is one of the phone which I do not need an EQ. I find the quantity of bass and treble to be just nice and is looking to something with similar frequency curve with more technical capability. The 1More is not a very tecnical phone but at $70, it is hard to best.
I guess I will take a pass on A4.

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #223 of 5,225
[

Here you go guys.
This is from Aliexpress from one of the sellers product page. They are now avalible at more than 1 vendor :)

Ha ha, that's RedJohn456 chart. You're famous now Tamal :wink:

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #224 of 5,225
On another note someone told me he thinks the A4 might have the best bass he's ever heard in an iem and I'm not going to argue against it.

Personally I think it might have the best treble I've ever heard in an iem (I'm on the black front filters right now).....

Add to that a very nice midrange with good presence and the total starts to look pretty good :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back