LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 19, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #181 of 5,225
I've had little time to experiment so far but I can tell you that different filter combinations can make a huge difference in the sound. I feel like it could be days before I find my favorite setup.
is lza4 good or bad

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #183 of 5,225
Just received my A4 - initial fleeting impressions, better fit than A3/S and 'more' - more of everything good that went before in lower models/more technically proficient. Seems a tad cooler tonality than A3/S but that may be down to my current 'dial'.

Using black back plate just now and dialing nozzles. Quite a bundle you get in the box.

It even sounds pretty darn good straight out my Macbook Air cirrus DAC/amp with Audirvana Plus and FLAC...I'll be escalating through my small equipment stack to find the sweetspot of dialing options.

Will be spending a week or so with them travelling before posting a review. I received my set free for taking part in the prototype tour but regardless, I'll tell it how it IMO is.
Been a fanboy anyway since I first put the A2 hybrids in my ears....no brain burn-in/hardware burn-in, just an instant WOW for the price at that time.
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #184 of 5,225
The default black vent and blue nozzle sounds amazing for pop. (Source: Fiio X3 and E12DIY)
Changing the vent/nozzles will significantly alter the sound. Since there are so many possible combinations, perhaps we can come up with a list of suggested combinations for different types of music later, as comparing across different combinations require lots of work...

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #185 of 5,225
If anyone has A3/A3S and A4 please post a nozzle size photo comparison if you can.

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #186 of 5,225
  Just received my A4 - initial fleeting impressions, better fit than A3/S and 'more' - more of everything good that went before in lower models/more technically proficient. Seems a tad cooler tonality than A3/S but that may be down to my current 'dial'.

Using black back plate just now and dialing nozzles. Quite a bundle you get in the box.

It even sounds pretty darn good straight out my Macbook Air cirrus DAC/amp with Audirvana Plus and FLAC...I'll be escalating through my small equipment stack to find the sweetspot of dialing options.

Will be spending a week or so with them travelling before posting a review. I received my set free for taking part in the prototype tour but regardless, I'll tell it how it IMO is.
Been a fanboy anyway since I first put the A2 hybrids in my ears....no brain burn-in/hardware burn-in, just an instant WOW for the price at that time.
ksc75smile.gif

How about the soundstage and instruments separation/placements  ... 

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #187 of 5,225
  How about the soundstage and instruments separation/placements  ... 

So far today on multiple short listening sessions the above is all bigger/better....for real world instrument placement, others need to comment on that as my music is mostly electronic.

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #190 of 5,225
Nov 21, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #194 of 5,225
I've been rocking the black (rear) and green combo. Interested to see what others have been listening to.

Quite a sub-bass bass roll-off on that combo ?

I'm using black back-plate (20Hz) and grey black nozzles (24khz) which seems fine for my slight treble sensitivity.
Brain burn-in or gear burn-in, whatever, I find them not as treble hot now, so may roll in some higher Khz nozzles and see how it goes.

Anyone getting that instrument size seems bigger at moderate low-volumes vs previous models ?
Best sound-staging and space around instruments so far on ones I've owned.

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #195 of 5,225

Quite a sub-bass bass roll-off on that combo ?

I'm using black back-plate (20Hz) and grey nozzles (16khz) which on paper, would look like rolled off treble...is fine for my slight treble sensitivity.
Brain burn-in or gear burn-in, whatever, I find them not as treble hot now, so may roll in some higher Khz nozzles and see how it goes.

Anyone getting that instrument size seems bigger at moderate low-volumes  vs previous models ?
Best sound-staging and space around instruments so far on ones I've owned.

You're right about the soundstage, it's very impressive and exactly the opposite of the A2S.

I like the black/gray combo too. Just testing with the greens today for some added sparkle. I still haven't decided on my favorite setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back