LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 15, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #151 of 5,225

Well guys I hope you will test and de-bug that thing fast !
I have already got the A2 and the A3 , can't wait for that A4 , especially if it fits my balanced MMCX cables...
A3 already soooo good when connected on AK70 balanced output !

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #152 of 5,225

Well guys I hope you will test and de-bug that thing fast !
I have already got the A2 and the A3 , can't wait for that A4 , especially if it fits my balanced MMCX cables...
A3 already soooo good when connected on AK70 balanced output !

De-bug ? These are final review sets. Nothing proto about them.

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #153 of 5,225
Now available on Amazon from the banned seller for $245

(Don't know if I'm allowed to put a link to their store so I''ll just leave this pic)
51U9wglMSUL.jpg

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #154 of 5,225
My A4s just touched down in the customs....greeeeeat...feels like Christmas Eve...haha.
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #155 of 5,225
My A4s just touched down in the customs....greeeeeat...feels like Christmas Eve...haha. :ksc75smile:

Looks as if you'll beat me to it after all, my tracking status haven't changed in three days :wink:

Can't wait to hear some impressions on these.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #156 of 5,225
A4 in the house! Right off the bat LZ nailed ergonomics, really easy to wear either cable up or cable down. The cable it self is very soft and supple, easy to use and not ill behaved. The A4 comes with a dizzying array of filters and accessories, with 18 possible tuning combination. The stock combination out of the box is great and it feels like an improvement over the beta iem.

I picked up the box from the post office quite late in the day and haven't had time to try all the filters but I will be posting a proper first impressions post with a lot more detail in the next day or two. 

Some pictures I shot with my potato phone.

As you can see there are 18 possible tunings and so I want to have a listen to them all atleast once before I comment on the sound. I haven't even tried different tips, so some ways to go before I say anything definitive but I do like what I am hearing out of the box. Specially liking the dry midrange, really enjoying the new in flames album with the A4 at the moment. 

Suffice to say, my impressions out of the box is positive. The A4 has a great build quality, decently large accessory set, a well designed cable and NO FREAKING DRIVER FLEX. Seriously this is my biggest pet peeve, I hate hearing the crunch of drivers flexing when I insert an iem. And its nice that I haven't experienced it even ONCE with the LZ A4. So hats off to LZ for nailing the design and ergonomics.

Edit: Here is a more colourful representation of the tuning possibilities (image created by me)

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #157 of 5,225
Great, great.
RedJohn gets the scoop, and they are in sensible black.

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #160 of 5,225
I would be curious how people view the A4 incomparison with strong units such as the FLC8S.  Or maybe some of the Trinity offerings.

I think LZ punched above their weight with the A2 and hope they pulled it off again with the LZ-A4.

I should be getting my A4 today or Monday (they've cleared our infamous custom :wink:) and have the PM4 on their way so at least I'll be able to compare these to in due time.

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #161 of 5,225
LZ A4 http://penonaudio.com/LZ-A4 (Share from Armorfly Browser)
Best place to get it:sunglasses:

Best place to buy would be direct from the designer. So easy to stick up a shopify website.

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #164 of 5,225
I'm not sure how kickstarter exactly works, but I'd suggest launching the A5 on that site to get much more global exposure ?

I'd love to see the A5 taking the kind of ASG 2.5 idea further - that is to say a large high-quality neodymium 16mm PET cone with a BA that can take it into monster quality controlled textured bass if the RED/black combo cannot do that in A4.
Of course it does not appeal to everyone, but it is a niche that has a strong following.

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #165 of 5,225
LZ A4 http://penonaudio.com/LZ-A4 (Share from Armorfly Browser)
Best place to get it:sunglasses:

just passed my order, thanks for the info.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back