LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 24, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #241 of 5,225
Forgot how much tip rolling affects these.
I actually used my old yellow A2/A3 tips last few days and it was holding the low-end/decays back...switching to the thicker A4 black rubber ones and a substantial change in low-end/decays.

It will be interesting to list the different back-plate/nozzle/tips that the 5 or people that have them settle on.

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #242 of 5,225
I actually used my old yellow A2/A3 tips last few days and it was holding the low-end/decays back...switching to the thicker A4 black rubber ones and a substantial change in low-end/decays.

It will be interesting to list the different back-plate/nozzle/tips that the 5 or people that have them settle on.

Imagine my dismay when a single glance at the plethora of supplied tips told me that every one of them was too small. Had to resort yet again to my large ROCK Zircon tips.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #243 of 5,225

Yes I need to do some tip rolling to see how it holds up, too many combinations. Still one of the sleeper hits of the year imo

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #244 of 5,225
According to my own experience.

when u r designing IEM. The speaker in chamber should be sealed tightly, and thus devide the IEM chamber into two parts.

"Front" means closer to ur ears and  "Back" means connected to cable.

If u let the Front path more tense (narrow, sealed), that would make lower frequency.

If u let the Back path more sealed, that wold make higher frequency.

That's the reason SE846 or some IEM allows u to switch the nozzle (or filter?)

And that's why if u switch stocked tips to comply foam, it would sounds a little difference.

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #245 of 5,225
I'm definitely settled on the black back plates but I'm still torn between the black and red front filters...

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #246 of 5,225
I'm definitely settled on the black back plates but I'm still torn between the black and red front filters...

After a couple of great hours there with mine today, I think it will be red/red for me.
Out of Audirvana Plus last night was pretty amazing. I have found that on my phone UAPP is not as good (bit strident) ...these software players do not simply pass the file along the line but affect it for good or bad in multilple ways.

A4 has definitely taken the house sound forward in multiple ways, and with that core house sound still there you can spin it in various directions on top of that. People who did not like the more in-the-head sound-stage before or rolled off treble ( I liked that = higher listening volumes + longer sessions) will maybe look again... as I think the designer has taken note of impressions on the previous model threads.
As others have said, not really much of a need to get any new cable.

Need to get my review structure going now I have fixed my plate/nozzle/tips...can get back to music I'm familiar with using A3/A3S.

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #247 of 5,225

After a couple of great hours there with mine today, I think it will be red/red for me.
Out of Audirvana Plus last night was pretty amazing. I have found that on my phone UAPP is not as good (bit strident) ...these software players do not simply pass the file along the line but affect it for good or bad in multilple ways.

A4 has definitely taken the house sound forward in multiple ways, and with that core house sound still there you can spin it in various directions on top of that. People who did not like the more in-the-head sound-stage before or rolled off treble ( I liked that = higher listening volumes + longer sessions) will maybe look again... as I think the designer has taken note of impressions on the previous model threads.
As others have said, not really much of a need to get any new cable.

Need to get my review structure going now I have fixed my plate/nozzle/tips...can get back to music I'm familiar with using A3/A3S.

So you think A4 is a truly upgrade to A3S in all fields,  clarity, details, midrange/vocals, soundstage, instruments separation/placements ,??? 

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #248 of 5,225
Yet to hear how does it fare against shockwave 3.

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #250 of 5,225
  So you think A4 is a truly upgrade to A3S in all fields,  clarity, detail, sound-stage, instruments separation ,??? 

On above I can say yes, IMO so far.

Female vocals and instrument placement will be best answered by others. I mostly listen to technically complex at times electronic music...and they handle it all with ease....no muddying on busy parts with lots of fast stops starts, decays a-plenty ,low-end sweeps = IDM/Glitch genre

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #252 of 5,225
Yet to hear how does it fare against shockwave 3.

I am also interested to see this comparison . 

@TwinACStacks please 
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #254 of 5,225
Once you go Black you can't go back :wink: 

Black back filers sound the most balanced to me but can be changed for leaner (Blue or heavier (RED) sound depending on mood - loving the flexibility!

LOL! Yeah, there's really a lot of nice filter combinations with the A4's. This makes them very versatile imo.....

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #255 of 5,225

Users who are viewing this thread

Back