Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 21, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #5,071 of 5,299
I noticed to have deeper bass and better instruments separation and more details with latest update, but is the volume lower then previous version?
Volume seems pretty much the same as before on my iPhone and my MacBook Pro. Tend to agree with regard to deeper bass and better instrument separation, though. It sounds amazing with my IE600.

Mar 21, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #5,072 of 5,299
Talking about volume, I noticed that if I plug the W2-131 to my windows PC, it seems to be louder compared to plugged in to my android phones.
For example, using Truthear ZERO 3.5mm on my phone needs around vol 64, when plugged to my windows PC, it only needs 60, is it power saving features or designed like that? or is it placebo? or my ears is failing me? :sweat_smile:

Mar 21, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #5,074 of 5,299
Hi again, my problem is solved and I hope you can manage it too
All I did was to download the rescue driver from the first page, the I updated to the latest firmware 1.0.4.8

Thanks.
Maybe I'm not applying the rescue driver properly.
How are you loading it specifically, please?
fixed the problem? I used it with firmware 1.2..
once wrote something about this.

Attachments

• Rebooting and FW Update Tool Guide and Guide (with Translation).docx
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #5,076 of 5,299
does any one have a macbook pro? i recently got a w2-131 and it does not get detected .. if I reboot it works fine till i yank the usb-c and when I re insert it, it does not work
This was the case on my MBP in the beginning as well. I then changed the Mac OS system / security setting to „always ask“ when plugging in external devices, so that you have to allow it each and every time you plug the W2-131 in and once I did that it works fine 9 out 10 times without having to reeboot the Mac (even before the latest 1.0.4.8 firmware). I’m on the latest Mac OS Ventura update (13.2.1) btw.

Mar 22, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #5,078 of 5,299
This was the case on my MBP in the beginning as well. I then changed the Mac OS system / security setting to „always ask“ when plugging in external devices, so that you have to allow it each and every time you plug the W2-131 in and once I did that it works fine 9 out 10 times without having to reeboot the Mac (even before the latest 1.0.4.8 firmware). I’m on the latest Mac OS Ventura update (13.2.1) btw.
Thanks this is useful. I ll try that out. The issue is I have a questyle m15 and that works flawlessly / gets detected each time.. i had got the w2-131 for trying and would have settled on one.. now am wondering if I should just stick with questyle m15

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #5,079 of 5,299
Hello, let us know if you managed to fix it using the recovery driver? Hopefully is working fine now 👍
I have not unfortunately.
The recovery driver seems to work initially, and I’m able to flash the new firmware, but when I double check the firmware version once the flashing is complete, it’s still the older version (1.0.3.6), and the same issue is happening when I connect to my iphone - the W2 powers up, but my phone isn't showing the device. Not sure why I’m having so many problems.

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #5,080 of 5,299
I have not unfortunately.
The recovery driver seems to work initially, and I’m able to flash the new firmware, but when I double check the firmware version once the flashing is complete, it’s still the older version (1.0.3.6), and the same issue is happening when I connect to my iphone - the W2 powers up, but my phone isn't showing the device. Not sure why I’m having so many problems.
Likely you brick it again. I'll strongly advise you use a different PC for updating firmware if you haven't done so.

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #5,081 of 5,299
Likely you brick it again. I'll strongly advise you use a different PC for updating firmware if you haven't done so.
Don't have that option unfortunately, but thanks for the advice!

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #5,083 of 5,299
bruh i never knew updating the w2 is this complicated, i guess im lucky then? literally yesterday just purchased the w2-131 didnt know anything, asking for latest firmware then randomly flash to 1.0.4.8 without thinking anything and succeed lol :k701smile:

wishing u good luck friend

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #5,084 of 5,299
So you managed use the recovery tool and to get the ISP tool to show green when the W2 is connected? If you managed to that, then you need to install the firmware. How did you do that? Maybe that you are not doing right.
Yes, I did all of that.
To upload the firmware, I am using the LP Tool. I select "file," click on the .bin file for the new firmware, then click on "auto," and let the updater run. It runs until it says, "verifying success." So it seems like it should be working, but there is obviously something I'm not doing correctly.

Mar 22, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #5,085 of 5,299
Yes, I did all of that.
To upload the firmware, I am using the LP Tool. I select "file," click on the .bin file for the new firmware, then click on "auto," and let the updater run. It runs until it says, "verifying success." So it seems like it should be working, but there is obviously something I'm not doing correctly.
you don't unzip the firmware file. leave it zipped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back