Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 23, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #5,101 of 5,299
Mar 23, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #5,104 of 5,299
Is now everyone on the 1.0.4.8 firmware now? If not you should , is great.👍😊
yep its great while the update succeed, especially for me, literally just bought the w2-131, searching for firmware, noticing new firmware available on baidu, then randomly update, and succeed.

but kinda felt sorry because of me noticing there is new 1.0.4.8 FW on the baidu site, lots of person got their W2 bricked as well :sweat_smile:
best of luck for guys who having problem updating their W2 to the latest FW.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #5,105 of 5,299
Is now everyone on the 1.0.4.8 firmware now? If not you should , is great.👍😊
I’m on it (W2 OG) and everything seems fine. I use it in HID mode with an iPad Pro (USB-C) since it’s easier to change the volume on the screen for me than finding the dongle and the correct buttons, since the software volume slider is right there on the screen. Love it. I use it in Low vs High gain, since my cans and IEMs are very sensitive, and Tone 2. Not noticed any sound difference with the new firmware, but battery drain is less (maybe 15% less?).

Cheers, Gus

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #5,106 of 5,299
I’m on it (W2 OG) and everything seems fine. I use it in HID mode with an iPad Pro (USB-C) since it’s easier to change the volume on the screen for me than finding the dongle and the correct buttons, since the software volume slider is right there on the screen. Love it. I use it in Low vs High gain, since my cans and IEMs are very sensitive, and Tone 2. Not noticed any sound difference with the new firmware, but battery drain is less (maybe 15% less?).

Cheers, Gus
yep, also noticing the battery drain seems reduced on my iphone 11

Mar 24, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #5,107 of 5,299
yep its great while the update succeed, especially for me, literally just bought the w2-131, searching for firmware, noticing new firmware available on baidu, then randomly update, and succeed.

but kinda felt sorry because of me noticing there is new 1.0.4.8 FW on the baidu site, lots of person got their W2 bricked as well :sweat_smile:
best of luck for guys who having problem updating their W2 to the latest FW.:beerchug:
We need to ask Luxuryprecision to introduce more profiles for different IEMs such as IE600, IE900 etc.
The recovery driver works great when you are stuck updating the firmware.

Mar 24, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #5,110 of 5,299
the battery drain is reduced
Doesn't matter to me, i'm only using it with my laptop. Current driver works perfectly fine, the new one - who knows, so again, why bother.

some find some sonic improvements
There are people who find imaginary sound improvements with every firmware upgrade, i'm not one of them.

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #5,112 of 5,299
Doesn't matter to me, i'm only using it with my laptop. Current driver works perfectly fine, the new one - who knows, so again, why bother.

There are people who find imaginary sound improvements with every firmware upgrade, i'm not one of them.
You can continue using older driver with new FW if you still need ASIO. No reason to upgrade of course if you don't see fit for yourself, it's the same as video drivers, some install the "latest and greatest", some stick with the old one that proved to work.

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #5,113 of 5,299
Took a leap of faith and updated my W2-131 to 1.0.4.8. It has been acting quite weird with random disconnection since I got them (partly because of my dongle-hating phone Oneplus 9 Pro). Now, it does maintain a relatively more stable connection and the power drain reduction is quite significant.
I didn't detect any sound difference, but a friend with the original W2 updated to 1.0.4.8 said that he found that there are very minor differences in some soundstage and layering, but not necessarily for the better.

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #5,114 of 5,299
Took a leap of faith and updated my W2-131 to 1.0.4.8. It has been acting quite weird with random disconnection since I got them (partly because of my dongle-hating phone Oneplus 9 Pro). Now, it does maintain a relatively more stable connection and the power drain reduction is quite significant.
I didn't detect any sound difference, but a friend with the original W2 updated to 1.0.4.8 said that he found that there are very minor differences in some soundstage and layering, but not necessarily for the better.
yep, the customer service at Luxury & Precision said mostly the update is for increased android stability, also same as u, I noticed reduced power drain using my iPhone 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back