Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 21, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #5,056 of 5,299
I'm having the same issue - it powers up when pluggd into my phone or laptop, but neither will recognize it...I'm not even sure how I would re-install drivers if my laptop isn't recogizing it.
I understand but can you install the Windows audio driver and after try to install the firmware. See if it can see it like this.

Mar 21, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #5,057 of 5,299
I understand but can you install the Windows audio driver and after try to install the firmware. See if it can see it like this.
Thank you.
Just to clarify - which Windows audio driver? Sorry for the naive question.

Mar 21, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #5,060 of 5,299
Luxuryprecision windows audio driver. Is on the first page
Thanks.
I tried that, too. I keep getting a message asking me to connect the dongle to the computer. I think it's the same issue as the update tool - for some reason, the tool or the computer isn't recognizing that the dongle is connected (despite it powering up).

Mar 21, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #5,062 of 5,299
Thanks.
I tried that, too. I keep getting a message asking me to connect the dongle to the computer. I think it's the same issue as the update tool - for some reason, the tool or the computer isn't recognizing that the dongle is connected (despite it powering up).
I went the same way. After flashing, no sound came out of it, then it also wrote code 001. I managed to remove all drivers (installing and deleting programs), I did a drivel reinstallation and used 2022. After that, I was able to activate it with firmware version 1.0.3.6. It has been working ever since. I didn't dare upload the "new" 4.8 firmware yet :D (w2 acg) (sorry, machine translation)

Mar 21, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #5,063 of 5,299
If anything goes wrong, try to follow this instruction
Rescue driver is available on the same page where new FW is.
Thank you.
I've tried that too...perhaps I'm not using it correctly, but it hasn't helped because I'm not able to get the dongle to connect properly to my laptop any longer.
So not sure how I can even apply the rescue driver, if that make sense?

Mar 21, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #5,065 of 5,299
Just FYI in case you think you might have bricked your W1 / W2

If the update fails, there is a chance that the W1/W2 will be bricked. To reactivate the device, please locate and install the resue_driver in the firmware update package. Then, the firmware update tool should recognize it and then restart the update process for W1/W2.

Rescue driver can be found in Google drive link in first post.

Mar 21, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #5,067 of 5,299
Thank you.
I've tried that too...perhaps I'm not using it correctly, but it hasn't helped because I'm not able to get the dongle to connect properly to my laptop any longer.
So not sure how I can even apply the rescue driver, if that make sense?
Hi again, my problem is solved and I hope you can manage it too
All I did was to download the rescue driver from the first page, the I updated to the latest firmware 1.0.4.8

Mar 21, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #5,068 of 5,299
Hi again, my problem is solved and I hope you can manage it too
All I did was to download the rescue driver from the first page, the I updated to the latest firmware 1.0.4.8
Thanks.
Maybe I'm not applying the rescue driver properly.
How are you loading it specifically, please?

Mar 21, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #5,070 of 5,299
Anyone noticed difference in sound quality between High/Low gain. Even when volume matched Monarch MKII sounds more 3D with juicier and bassier sound in High.
Placebo?
I noticed to have deeper bass and better instruments separation and more details with latest update, but is the volume lower then previous version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back