Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 21, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #5,041 of 5,299
Yes I uninstalled the old driver first before trying the install the driver. I even restored the laptop to older point. I need to see why it doesn't allow me to install it. Maybe is not compatible with my x64 Windows 10. But it will not install even the older windows driver.
I've been swapping back and forth and settled on LuxuryPrecision driver WHQL_201222. I prefer playing DSD natively and the newest driver is WASAPI only

Mar 21, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #5,043 of 5,299
Hi!

I have a W2 ACG device.
Can I install fw number 1.0.4.8 on this device? Now it has 1.0.3.6.
Thanks for the reply.
No idea.

Mar 21, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #5,044 of 5,299
This is the message I get all the time when I try to install the driver for windows.

Attachments

• 20230321_090510.jpg
    20230321_090510.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 21, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #5,046 of 5,299
I've been swapping back and forth and settled on LuxuryPrecision driver WHQL_201222. I prefer playing DSD natively and the newest driver is WASAPI only
i can get ASIO on the latest driver using Audirvana 3.5, but on the latest driver the buffer settings seems to be super high like waiting 5 seconds then music starts, to fix that atleast on audirvana just turn off high buffer settings

Mar 21, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #5,051 of 5,299
I've just succesfully updated to 1.0.4.8 for my W2 131. Works great after the update, no issues so far.

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #5,053 of 5,299
Guys, sorry to bother you on this, but could use some help.
I am not able to get the upgrade tool to recognize my W2 is connected since I've tried updating the FW.
First time, I connected and saw the "green box" on the update tool. I tried updating the FW and the tool told me it was successful. But, when I checked the FW on the device, it was still the older version.
Now, I cannot get the tool to recognize the device is connected, nor does the device work on my iPhone.
I've tried reinstall the tool, hasn't worked.
I also tried the trick to hold down all three buttons to get "102" to display, but that doesn't work either.
I've also tried a different cable.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Mar 21, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #5,054 of 5,299
Guys, sorry to bother you on this, but could use some help.
I am not able to get the upgrade tool to recognize my W2 is connected since I've tried updating the FW.
First time, I connected and saw the "green box" on the update tool. I tried updating the FW and the tool told me it was successful. But, when I checked the FW on the device, it was still the older version.
Now, I cannot get the tool to recognize the device is connected, nor does the device work on my iPhone.
I've tried reinstall the tool, hasn't worked.
I also tried the trick to hold down all three buttons to get "102" to display, but that doesn't work either.
I've also tried a different cable.

Thoughts?

Thank you.
I hope you managed to get it working. Try to uninstall all drivers and install them again. Also can you try on a different computer to see if it still works.
I will try mine later on a different laptop and see if it works. At the moment it powers up, and I can adjust all the settings but no sound. So it is not recognised by the laptop or phone.
I wonder if is has anything to do with the latest firmware or Windows driver.

Mar 21, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #5,055 of 5,299
I hope you managed to get it working. Try to uninstall all drivers and install them again. Also can you try on a different computer to see if it still works.
I will try mine later on a different laptop and see if it works. At the moment it powers up, and I can adjust all the settings but no sound. So it is not recognised by the laptop or phone.
I wonder if is has anything to do with the latest firmware or Windows driver.
I'm having the same issue - it powers up when pluggd into my phone or laptop, but neither will recognize it...I'm not even sure how I would re-install drivers if my laptop isn't recogizing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back