LP6 Ti 199 -- The Most Expensive and Technical Advanced Portable Player on The Planet?
Dec 10, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #451 of 503
Does that mean you've already had the opportunity to hear the P6Pro Ti99 and compare it to the SP3000?
I am curious, since nobody else here already had the chance to listen to it, I guess.
The real question is why doesn't it have proper networking. It doesn't matter how particular (as they should have been to begin with) the discrete components are when accessibility vs open Android flagships are a thing. Streaming or pigtail from another source to a DAP is wild. I've been down this rabbit hole for 3 days in my free time and it took me 2 days to explicitly find English specs and a review which mentioned the lack of networking and app space. L&P's actual website is burried on Google in the US, I had to find an embed on a review from twister6 (very in depth guy even if he believes in cables as tone controls)

It appears as if the next rendition will be 10,000USD and made of solid Palladium. Tbh after all this research, the TI with the r2r chips is the only one to have and it's sold out. Shame I'm late.

Dec 10, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #452 of 503
Nice lazy Sunday listening on the 7AE. Test driving the FIR E12 demo unit from Jaben SG, thanks to @Uncle Wilson.

IMG_1273.jpeg

Dec 10, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #453 of 503
The real question is why doesn't it have proper networking. It doesn't matter how particular (as they should have been to begin with) the discrete components are when accessibility vs open Android flagships are a thing. Streaming or pigtail from another source to a DAP is wild. I've been down this rabbit hole for 3 days in my free time and it took me 2 days to explicitly find English specs and a review which mentioned the lack of networking and app space. L&P's actual website is burried on Google in the US, I had to find an embed on a review from twister6 (very in depth guy even if he believes in cables as tone controls)

It appears as if the next rendition will be 10,000USD and made of solid Palladium. Tbh after all this research, the TI with the r2r chips is the only one to have and it's sold out. Shame I'm late.
It appears you haven’t searched for that long, since it’s widely known none of the LP DAPs have networking abilities.
Plenty of other options out there if you’re looking for connected DAPs.
No need to come here and spew nonsense and attacks to the manufacturer.

Dec 10, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #454 of 503
It appears you haven’t searched for that long, since it’s widely known none of the LP DAPs have networking abilities.
Plenty of other options out there if you’re looking for connected DAPs.
No need to come here and spew nonsense and attacks to the manufacturer.
Please, enlighten me.

I'm not commenting in bad faith. I've been on Head-Fi/SBAF/every commercial "audiophile reviewer" website and there's been nary a comment about connectivity but plenty about SD cards/Sample Rate/Pro over standard (2x r2r)/upgrade program/Ti 199 version/Gold etc. All of the initial comments have been glowing and mention LDAC along with comments regarding "music first". All I'm stating is I've since moved on from downloading FLAC's and 320kbps and 1440 WAV a decade ago, so that's a me issue. If the DAP doesn't support wifi or common streaming apps that's all I want to know.

The fact stands the MFR/OEM website seems to be shadow banned on google. Every search is a dealer rather than the OEM. If you don't care to extrapolate, then please provide a link. I only have so many hours in the day. EDIT: the dealers just have copied verbatim ad copy in either photo or text format and they still do not elaborate beyond the conversion tech/chassis/measurements.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #455 of 503
Please, enlighten me.

I'm not commenting in bad faith. I've been on Head-Fi/SBAF/every commercial "audiophile reviewer" website and there's been nary a comment about connectivity but plenty about SD cards/Sample Rate/Pro over standard (2x r2r)/upgrade program/Ti 199 version/Gold etc. All of the initial comments have been glowing and mention LDAC along with comments regarding "music first". All I'm stating is I've since moved on from downloading FLAC's and 320kbps and 1440 WAV a decade ago, so that's a me issue. If the DAP doesn't support wifi or common streaming apps that's all I want to know.

The fact stands the MFR/OEM website seems to be shadow banned on google. Every search is a dealer rather than the OEM. If you don't care to extrapolate, then please provide a link. I only have so many hours in the day. EDIT: the dealers just have copied verbatim ad copy in either photo or text format and they still do not elaborate beyond the conversion tech/chassis/measurements.
Anyway, since the LP DAPs don't have streaming as per your requirement, it is what it is. :) As you said, that is all you need to know.

If you are interested in more information, there is actually another thread which is probably a bit more informative: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/interesting-machine-from-luxury-n-precision.918288/

Or you could visit the official weibo thread of LP: https://weibo.com/u/5819639917

By the way, Google shut down its search portal in China in 2010. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #456 of 503
Anyway, since the LP DAPs don't have streaming as per your requirement, it is what it is. :) As you said, that is all you need to know.

If you are interested in more information, there is actually another thread which is probably a bit more informative: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/interesting-machine-from-luxury-n-precision.918288/

Or you could visit the official weibo thread of LP: https://weibo.com/u/5819639917

By the way, Google shut down its search portal in China in 2010. :wink:
Thank you for the response. That makes sense!

Dec 20, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #457 of 503
Dec 20, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #460 of 503
Dec 20, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #461 of 503
I searched the web, I couldn't find anything about those Op-amp. Is there any specific whitepaper relating to them?

They won't exist, those names will just be what they dream up internally. They most likely etch off the original markings of TI or AD opamps. So with just a few $1- $8 opamp changes for them, tweak the sound in DSP and they can sell you the same thing back again 😂 Can't blame them really, extra income while they work on the next actually different model.

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #462 of 503
They won't exist, those names will just be what they dream up internally. They most likely etch off the original markings of TI or AD opamps. So with just a few $1- $8 opamp changes for them, tweak the sound in DSP and they can sell you the same thing back again 😂 Can't blame them really, extra income while they work on the next actually different model.

It is not a great start as a forum user to come In and just spew unjustified or unbacked info like that just to talk crap about a company.
If you have proof, by all means go ahead and post a link. If not, I suggest you adopt a more respectful attitude around here, or you won’t be lasting long.

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #463 of 503
It is not a great start as a forum user to come In and just spew unjustified or unbacked info like that just to talk crap about a company.
If you have proof, by all means go ahead and post a link. If not, I suggest you adopt a more respectful attitude around here, or you won’t be lasting long.

I am more than happy to be proven wrong, I have great respect for L&P, they make some fantastic products. If anyone has any information on which opamps they actually use or if they are a custom design that they have made of thier own please post some info. It's because there is no info that I make a prosumption. They are also entitled to hide what they are using for IP, again let us know if you know that's what they are doing. iBasso etch off the markings on the opamps they use, they just haven't given them different names.

It is business and they will most certainly need income while they pour time and money into their next models.

It was more intended for people that already have a previous version that they don't necessarily need the next version putting themselves under more financial strain, as many of us do here.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #464 of 503
I am more than happy to be proven wrong, I have great respect for L&P, they make some fantastic products. If anyone has any information on which opamps they actually use or if they are a custom design that they have made of thier own please post some info. It's because there is no info that I make a prosumption. They are also entitled to hide what they are using for IP, again let us know if you know that's what they are doing. iBasso etch off the markings on the opamps they use, they just haven't given them different names.

It is business and they will most certainly need income while they pour time and money into their next models.

It was more intended for people that already have a previous version that they don't necessarily need the next version putting themselves under more financial strain, as many of us do here.
Thank you for clarifying and I hear what you’re saying.

Dec 20, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #465 of 503
Interesting though that the P6Pro Ti99 is not described as having a beefier amplifier, which it should have, compared to the normal P6Pro
Reckon it is like how the Sony team managed to make the implementation more efficient like they did with the 1ZM2/1AM2, even the amp specs were still the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back