Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 3, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #8,716 of 9,199
Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #8,717 of 9,199
Nov 5, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #8,718 of 9,199
Sorry if this has been discussed, but what is up with NiceHCK naming their cables similar to PWAudio flagship cables? MeetAlice -> Meet Again; AceOrpheus -> Orpheus; FirstTouch -> First Times. Pretty sure it isn't a coincidence that they look similar to the PWAudio counterparts too.

Are they trying to imply that the cables are the same OEM cables as the PWAudio ones? Last time I made a purchase of similar fashion it failed miserably (albeit it was a different Chinese cable company imitating a different well-known cable company)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #8,719 of 9,199
Looking for a simple brightly-colored cable for Zero Red without silver/chrome-colored parts, mainly for QoL and aesthetic reasons. The stock one is tangly, and it's easier to "lose" among other stuff because it's dark.

I found NiceHCK RedAg 4N, but it has silver hardware and is braided, which is less common, and it looks stiff. The reviews seem to be fine, but how is it with microphonics, given the materials, and is it soft enough to not pull on IEMs?

There's also a XINHS 4N+7N cable which seems to be using identical wire, but does have black hardware (but pretty much no reviews, and more expensive). From what I read, XINHS is supplying wire to others, so I guess it should be the same thing?

cable_nicehck.jpg cable_xinhs.jpg

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #8,720 of 9,199
Looking for a simple brightly-colored cable for Zero Red without silver/chrome-colored parts, mainly for QoL and aesthetic reasons. The stock one is tangly, and it's easier to "lose" among other stuff because it's dark.

I found NiceHCK RedAg 4N, but it has silver hardware and is braided, which is less common, and it looks stiff. The reviews seem to be fine, but how is it with microphonics, given the materials, and is it soft enough to not pull on IEMs?

There's also a XINHS 4N+7N cable which seems to be using identical wire, but does have black hardware (but pretty much no reviews, and more expensive). From what I read, XINHS is supplying wire to others, so I guess it should be the same thing?

cable_nicehck.jpg cable_xinhs.jpg

I tried the RedAG 4N on a few of my KZ earphones. The cable, for me, was thinner than I expected. I was hoping to like it more but I didn't. However, I didn't experience any microphonics either. I found it to be comfortable enough. But I also noticed treble and mids seemed to be a bit brighter with this cable.

Nov 6, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #8,721 of 9,199
Hi everyone, new member here and wanted to ask a question in it's own thread, but new members apparently have to be around a while before starting their own threads. That's cool, hope it's okay to ask my question in this thread. I joined today just to ask this question. 😁

Connecting My Headphones To Two Desktop PCs

I have the Beyerdynamic DT 900 PRO X headphones and would like to connect them to the line out on both desktops. I have two desktops I want to use the headphones with, but only one desktop will be used at a time. The other will be off. Just tired of having to unplug/plug the headphones when needing to use them. Do y'all have an inexpensive, quality 3.5mm splitter cable recommendation that'll do the trick? I certainly want a cable that won't degrade the sound. Looking on Amazon all I mostly see are splitters with mic inputs, but I don't have a mic. Just want to hook the headphones to both desktops without anything fancy. Again, I will not be using both desktops at the same time. I know there are audio switches, but I simply want to use cables since only one desktop will be in use at a time.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #8,722 of 9,199
Nov 6, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #8,723 of 9,199
My everyday IEM is the IMR OZAR (with 10mm bespoke CNT ADLC Driver). The cable that came with it didn't really sync well (too sterile, thin sounding) and it's WAY longer than your typical length. I changed to the basic KBEAR 16 Core Copper one which was much better sounding for me, noticeably smoother and musical. I then got the Tripowin Altea which I love and is smooth still, but less lush. Got a better balance.

I'm looking at trying out the XINHS 2-Core Palladium, mainly out of curiosity to see if it's a cable I could rotate with the Altea. Has anyone had experience with it Vs the Altea? I'm aware it's subjective and will be different with whatever IEMs they'll be paired with.

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #8,724 of 9,199
any opinions on these? Would be for my Mp145.

| XINHS 8-Cores Graphene Upgrade Wire LITZ Structure Single Crystal Copper Plated Silver + Graphene Earphone Upgrade Cable
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLA0lxK

| XINHS 8-Cores Single Crystal Copper Plated Silver Earphone Upgrade Cable Circular Weaving For MMCX IE900 IE600 IE300
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPnxlRE

| XINHS 24 Cores Single Crystal Copper Plated Silver Graphene Headphone Upgrade Cable MMCX/0.78mm 2 Pin/QDC/TFZ Earphone Cable
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msUZ2qc

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #8,726 of 9,199
Xinhs and Ivipq are reliable and popular cable sellers. Both typically do sale discounts, are often great value for money, give good advice, and can offer customisations. I'm sure people here can advise specific models if you need particular characteristics.
Should i jump into this rabbit hole? im more in to bass, highs, got a few headphones that has dual 3.5mm

Nov 9, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #8,727 of 9,199
Hello,

I am looking for a good cable for my Letshuoer S12 PRO - the Letshuoer Chimera cable
which came with the iem is not comfortable: it is heavy, not supple, and its ear guides
are on the one hand too stiff near the connector (and therefore try to pull out iems
from the ears), while on the other hand they are not contour well around the ears
so that I feel that the cable is going to come loose from its proper place.

I want a new cable of a good quality, not too pricey (my budget is up to 50$), and
to have the following features:

- modular connector (better an angled connector than a straight one)
- good and comfortable ear guides which don't pull out earphones and stay in place behind the ears
- supple and easily handled
- light in weight
- if relevant at all - produce a clear and neutral sound without elevating/reducing anything, with a good
sound stage and technical details (basically, I want the cable just to transfer the signal as is without losses,
and leave any "handling" to iem/EQ)

After looking around on aliexpress, I found two groups of candidates: one is ivipQ-101 from ivipQ,
and another from some seemingly new company called ARTTI (according to posts I have seen
on the forum, it seems somehow related to Letshuoer).

Now, with ivipQ-101 things are a bit more clear: this cable is from a well known firm
who's cables seem to be very similar to XINHS cables, which I used and liked (even though
the cable I used was of a cheaper variety: XINHS 8 Core). This ivipQ-101 cable is supposed to have:

Graphene(3 Groups * 15 Pieces * 0.06mm)+Copper Alloy(4 Groups * 15 Pieces * 0.05mm)

(whatever it means).

Now with ARTTI things are more complicated since I haven't been able to find any reviews
about its cables (though a few pages ago somebody posted a few pictures of one of their
cables), but moreover, there is a confusing variety of similarly priced and similarly looking
cables, and I cannot make sense of which is better suitable for me.

Basically, there are 3 models: ARTTI Clear, ARTTI Spark & ARTTI Wave, and each of the
models has 2 sub-models which seem to differ only by cable's color: either white or blue
(and in case of Wave: black & white/green).

According to descriptions, they are made of the following materials:

ARTTI Wave: 8 cores and 144 strands of silver-plated 7N OCC copper (here is black one, and here is white/green one)
ARTTI Spark: 2 cores and 244 strands of 7N OCC copper + Silver twisted wire (here is blue one, and here is white one)
ARTTI Clear: 2 cores and 756 strands of silver-plated 7N OCC copper (here is blue one, and here is white one)

I listen to classical music, usually 16bit/44.1khz via Qudelix (will also probably get something like DC04 Pro, Tanchjim Space
or Moondrop Dawn Pro). From a purely visual perspective Spark & Clear look better to me (since all their strands are
inside and therefore there are less things which can un-twist. Also, for the same reason they have a cleaner look), but
on the other hand maybe they can be more stiff because of that. And from a sonic perspective, I have no clue what may
be a difference (if there is any meaningfull difference at all).

I guess that I would eventually buy ivipQ-101 (which is in any case the cheapest of all the lot) & one of the ARTTI ones.

Can please somebody help me make sense between ARTTI ones?

P.S.: if I were to judge only by cost of materials mentioned in the description, I would say that the "best" one is Spark,
then Clear, and finally Wave. The small differences in cost between the models seem to reflect this as well (Spark
being the most expensice, Wave is the least). Don't know if it means anything beyond that.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #8,728 of 9,199
Hello,

I am looking for a good cable for my Letshuoer S12 PRO - the Letshuoer Chimera cable
which came with the iem is not comfortable: it is heavy, not supple, and its ear guides
are on the one hand too stiff near the connector (and therefore try to pull out iems
from the ears), while on the other hand they are not contour well around the ears
so that I feel that the cable is going to come loose from its proper place.

I want a new cable of a good quality, not too pricey (my budget is up to 50$), and
to have the following features:

- modular connector (better an angled connector than a straight one)
- good and comfortable ear guides which don't pull out earphones and stay in place behind the ears
- supple and easily handled
- light in weight
- if relevant at all - produce a clear and neutral sound without elevating/reducing anything, with a good
sound stage and technical details (basically, I want the cable just to transfer the signal as is without losses,
and leave any "handling" to iem/EQ)

After looking around on aliexpress, I found two groups of candidates: one is ivipQ-101 from ivipQ,
and another from some seemingly new company called ARTTI (according to posts I have seen
on the forum, it seems somehow related to Letshuoer).

Now, with ivipQ-101 things are a bit more clear: this cable is from a well known firm
who's cables seem to be very similar to XINHS cables, which I used and liked (even though
the cable I used was of a cheaper variety: XINHS 8 Core). This ivipQ-101 cable is supposed to have:

Graphene(3 Groups * 15 Pieces * 0.06mm)+Copper Alloy(4 Groups * 15 Pieces * 0.05mm)

(whatever it means).

Now with ARTTI things are more complicated since I haven't been able to find any reviews
about its cables (though a few pages ago somebody posted a few pictures of one of their
cables), but moreover, there is a confusing variety of similarly priced and similarly looking
cables, and I cannot make sense of which is better suitable for me.

Basically, there are 3 models: ARTTI Clear, ARTTI Spark & ARTTI Wave, and each of the
models has 2 sub-models which seem to differ only by cable's color: either white or blue
(and in case of Wave: black & white/green).

According to descriptions, they are made of the following materials:

ARTTI Wave: 8 cores and 144 strands of silver-plated 7N OCC copper (here is black one, and here is white/green one)
ARTTI Spark: 2 cores and 244 strands of 7N OCC copper + Silver twisted wire (here is blue one, and here is white one)
ARTTI Clear: 2 cores and 756 strands of silver-plated 7N OCC copper (here is blue one, and here is white one)

I listen to classical music, usually 16bit/44.1khz via Qudelix (will also probably get something like DC04 Pro, Tanchjim Space
or Moondrop Dawn Pro). From a purely visual perspective Spark & Clear look better to me (since all their strands are
inside and therefore there are less things which can un-twist. Also, for the same reason they have a cleaner look), but
on the other hand maybe they can be more stiff because of that. And from a sonic perspective, I have no clue what may
be a difference (if there is any meaningfull difference at all).

I guess that I would eventually buy ivipQ-101 (which is in any case the cheapest of all the lot) & one of the ARTTI ones.

Can please somebody help me make sense between ARTTI ones?

P.S.: if I were to judge only by cost of materials mentioned in the description, I would say that the "best" one is Spark,
then Clear, and finally Wave. The small differences in cost between the models seem to reflect this as well (Spark
being the most expensice, Wave is the least). Don't know if it means anything beyond that.
I sneak a glance at ivipQ-101 due to its bass ability, thus I guess this cable isn't good for classical music.

Nov 9, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #8,730 of 9,199
What do you you mean by 'bass ability' - is this something to do with the fact that it uses Graphene+Copper Alloy?
I read it in reviews.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back