Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 15, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #8,732 of 9,223
IMG_20231028_165926.jpg
NiceHCK AceOrpheus. I am still in shock from the significant improvement in sound. I have two boxes of cables, but I never thought that the cable changes and improves the sound so much. Noticeably improves and pushes the midrange frequencies, more pressure, better airiness. the bass is more punchy. The cable is lightweight despite its large size.
IMG_20231028_165712.jpg

IMG_20231028_165706.jpg
Looking at buying this cable, how’s the comfort and is it microphonic at all?

Nov 15, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #8,733 of 9,223
Looking at buying this cable, how’s the comfort and is it microphonic at all?
It is very light and soft, I didn’t notice the microphone effect even when using the cable while walking under my jacket

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #8,734 of 9,223
Hello everyone! I want to ask for help. Which of the two cables would be better, an AKG N40 iEM. The treble is a bit much and the bass is not enough. I want a balanced sound. NiceHCK PurpleSE or NiceHCK BlackCat. Thank you in advance for your help!

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #8,735 of 9,223
Hello everyone! I want to ask for help. Which of the two cables would be better, an AKG N40 iEM. The treble is a bit much and the bass is not enough. I want a balanced sound. NiceHCK PurpleSE or NiceHCK BlackCat. Thank you in advance for your help!
Both are nice cables that will reduce emphasis on treble. Both cost about the same. BlackCat is bulkier and more robust, body of plug is also wider as I recall.

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #8,737 of 9,223
Both are nice cables that will reduce emphasis on treble. Both cost about the same. BlackCat is bulkier and more robust, body of plug is also wider as I recall.
Both are great value, proving you don’t need to spend a lot to get a good cable. The PurpleSE is relatively balanced, the BlackCat has emphasised mids and slightly more bass.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #8,738 of 9,223
Both are nice cables that will reduce emphasis on treble. Both cost about the same. BlackCat is bulkier and more robust, body of plug is also wider as I recall
Thanks for the reply! I checked, you're right. The BlackCat is indeed more robust and bulier. MMCX connector would be too big.

Plug was more of a problem as I had to ream out the surround for the port for the 3.5mm jack on my phone case. MMCX connectors were fine as they sit flush.

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #8,741 of 9,223
Both are nice cables that will reduce emphasis on treble. Both cost about the same. BlackCat is bulkier and more robust, body of plug is also wider as I recall

Plug was more of a problem as I had to ream out the surround for the port for the 3.5mm jack on my phone case. MMCX connectors were fine as they sit flush.
The 3.5 jack is not a problem, I use the earphones with Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #8,742 of 9,223
Thanks! BlackCat will be better for me I think. But can they install it with an MMCX connector like the PurpleSE?
I haven't tried with NiceHCK. XINHS or ivipQ will customise cables if you ask. Just pick a non plated copper cable should sound reasonably close. Oh and preferably something that matches the IEMs! :ksc75smile:

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #8,743 of 9,223
I haven't tried with NiceHCK. XINHS or ivipQ will customise cables if you ask. Just pick a non plated copper cable should sound reasonably close. Oh and preferably something that matches the IEMs! :ksc75smile:
I checked, it is installed with an N5005 MMCX connector, which is the same as the N40. 😊

Nov 15, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #8,744 of 9,223

NiceHCK AceOrpheus. I am still in shock from the significant improvement in sound. I have two boxes of cables, but I never thought that the cable changes and improves the sound so much. Noticeably improves and pushes the midrange frequencies, more pressure, better airiness. the bass is more punchy. The cable is lightweight despite its large size.

Do you have the MeetAlice, FirstTouch or DragonScale to compare by any chance? Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #8,745 of 9,223
Do you have the MeetAlice, FirstTouch or DragonScale to compare by any chance? Thanks
Sorry, but no :frowning2: . Im also want to find info about compare with DualDragon(Dragon is cheapper).

Only have a very small NiceHCK collection: superblue, rubycat, redmaple, purplese, caffeflag, blacksoul, sweetlife, silverloong, greenjelly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back