Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Oct 26, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #8,701 of 9,186
Hello All,

11/11 sale would be there on Aliexpress. Is there a place where deals on Good copper Cables, connectors, adapters (2pin to recessed etc), could be found? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.
KRHIFI AUDIO STORE: They usually have very good prices for 11/11 (nicehck mostly)

Oct 26, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #8,702 of 9,186
Thank you will keep a look out here. I am just looking for good warmer sounding cables. (2pin) , from what I have read good copper cables tend to be warmer. Hoping for some good bargains. My own knowledge and experience is very very very limited, so I do not wish to rely on my judgement.
Copper is generally good for a relatively warm sound, and both companies I mentioned will probably do a nice simple copper cable for around $20 before any sale.

Also worth looking at is this OpenHeart cable ($20, rolled of treble), the NiceHck BlackCat (only if under $20, boosted mids and slightly boosted bass), and the copper version of this cable ($20, slightly thick, warm tone). There are many other good choices, but I have all these and like them.

Oct 26, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #8,703 of 9,186
@ExTubeGamer @Echalon

Thank you will keep a look out here. I am just looking for good warmer sounding cables. (2pin) , from what I have read good copper cables tend to be warmer. Hoping for some good bargains. My own knowledge and experience is very very very limited, so I do not wish to rely on my judgement.
A cable consists of not only conductor. A solder and plugs/connectors are very important also for signal transfering. For example, good plug costs ~5-25 USD. So how much will remain for good litz copper conductor? Thus I'd recommend to buy cable that costs at least $40. My recommendation is actual if you care about cable ability to transfer accurate signal. Otherwise if you care only about FR ability the NiceHCK Black Cat will be good choice. Hakugei Big Rice will good also.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #8,704 of 9,186
@ExTubeGamer @Echalon

NiceHCK BlackCat, PurpleSE and GCT5 all tend to come up for good prices during sales. There are two NiceHCK stores (official and audio), plus numerous third party stores. You need to search for best prices, only buy when on sale, the regular prices really stretch credibility!

NiceHCK BlackSoul is also good but more expensive than those other three.

ivipQ and XINHS include very good cases with cables if you have IEMs that didn't come with one. :L3000:

Oct 27, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #8,705 of 9,186
@bamboostreet - I would look at that store, thank you.
@Echalon - I have wishlisted and marked those two for price drops - thank you
@Uprox - I would look at NickHCK Black Cat, & Hakugei Big Rice , however could you also suggest 40-50$ as per your recommendation? - Thank You

@Carpet - I would mark Black Soul as well for price changes. Let's see which one gets to the best deal. if there is any particular ivip & Xinhs product I should keep a look out for that would really help me well. - Thank You

I am hoping to get a good cable and a good desktop dac. - and I am pretty much noob in both product categories.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #8,706 of 9,186
@Uprox - I would look at NickHCK Black Cat, & Hakugei Big Rice , however could you also suggest 40-50$ as per your recommendation? - Thank You
I don't like so cheap cables due to unsufficient sound quality, so my experience is not enough for your query.
But if the price brackets are principal then I found that cable, but I never had it:

US $45.00 CEMA Raven series 7N OCC
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EuEeBG7

As an owner I can suggest such cables, but out of the price range:

a) US $52.47 CEMA RX series (enhanced version)
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJFstEf

b) US $33.43 HAKUGEI Rice Litz 6N OCC
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EvcAPhV

c) US $36.72 XINSH 4 Core 5N UPOCC
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EH6RG51

All of them has quite strong treble with hising on some IEMs, soft and deep bass, overall sound is darker and warmer. Only Hakugei Big Rice has most soft treble.

Otherwise my strong recommendation (as owner) is:

d) US $71.34 Eagle sign: CS Series UP-OCC COPPER litz structure 4Core
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGWXntz

It's really amazing cable with mature sound. Excellent frequency response on the edges, with correct and accurate sounding.

If you want bang of the buck the Big Rice will be best choice. If you want to get best sound of your IEM get cable d), IMHO.

P.S. My best choice of pure copper cable is out of the thread topic due to its price.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #8,707 of 9,186
@Uprox
Thank you so much for also providing links. I have marked all of these for price fluctuations. And fingers crossed.

And if I am asking in this thread, I am somewhere, bound by the price so no disclaimer required. Thanks.

Now I would try and figure out DAC shortlist.

Oct 27, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #8,708 of 9,186
Cable with good specs and angled swappable plugs, early bird offer now

"Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! SG$37.69 60%OFF | ARTTI SPARK A6 3in1 HIFI Earphone Upgrade Audio IEMs MMCX Cable QDC/MMCX/0.78 2pin Connector 2.5+3.5+4.4mm Detachable Angle Plug"
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mscjXRE

Just received mine. Packaging is pretty fancy for a chifi cable. Feels like a solidly made cable. Swappable plugs fit very snugly. Overall the cable is heavier than it looks.
20231027_170253.jpg

20231027_170323.jpg

20231027_170614.jpg

Oct 30, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #8,710 of 9,186
I have a Hiby R5ii + a Sennheiser HD650. Recently bought a Faaeal 4.4 mm balanced cable for hd 650+hiby r5ii. While it delivers more power and loudness, it does sound a bit shouty or harsh compared to single ended. I just wanna know whether this faaeal cable is genuinely a balanced 4.4 mm cable. There are a lot of fake balanced cables and connectors out there and i read they damage amps/daps. So is this faaeal cable genuinely balanced?

Oct 30, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #8,711 of 9,186
IMG_20231028_165926.jpg

NiceHCK AceOrpheus. I am still in shock from the significant improvement in sound. I have two boxes of cables, but I never thought that the cable changes and improves the sound so much. Noticeably improves and pushes the midrange frequencies, more pressure, better airiness. the bass is more punchy. The cable is lightweight despite its large size.
IMG_20231028_165712.jpg

IMG_20231028_165706.jpg

Oct 30, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #8,712 of 9,186
IMG_20231028_165926.jpg
NiceHCK AceOrpheus. I am still in shock from the significant improvement in sound. I have two boxes of cables, but I never thought that the cable changes and improves the sound so much. Noticeably improves and pushes the midrange frequencies, more pressure, better airiness. the bass is more punchy. The cable is lightweight despite its large size.
IMG_20231028_165712.jpg

IMG_20231028_165706.jpg
What about treble? Is it brighter or emphasized?

Oct 30, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #8,713 of 9,186
Oct 30, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #8,714 of 9,186
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back