Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Oct 11, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #8,671 of 9,223
BlackCat is heavier with formed earhooks. So more robust and stay on better if you're active.

C16-3 is more comfortable if you don't like earhooks

NiceHCK GCT5 or PurpleSE are also good options.

All of those are good options if you want treble deemphasised.
Thank you kindly! And what's your favorite of the bunch? I like it better without hooks, if they're like ZS6 cable (DQ6 cable is waaaay better and comfortable), I don't mind that much, as long as it's better.

Oct 11, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #8,672 of 9,223
Thank you kindly! And what's your favorite of the bunch? I like it better without hooks, if they're like ZS6 cable (DQ6 cable is waaaay better and comfortable), I don't mind that much, as long as it's better.

If you don't want earhooks then all of the NiceHCK 16 or 24 core cables come without them. Otherwise you can ask for ivipQ or XINHS to provide cables without earhooks (also handy if you want different length or right angled jack). :L3000:

Oct 13, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #8,677 of 9,223
Anyone interested in that EST cable, XINHS does have it and has offered a discounted price on it as well. Originally I was going to twist the One that shall remain unwritten with EST since it is twisted as well. He made a mistake and used WhiteCrane rather than EST. Had I known it had an addictive smell, I would have re-ordered the EST version.
Does Xinhs still sell this EST equivalent cable? How is it called?

Oct 14, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #8,678 of 9,223
From reading everyone's comments it sounds like the XINHS will be a good fit for me. I saw on their site they're having come kind of sale starting tomorrow, Oct 15th so I'll probably get something then. Thanks & Cheers!

Oct 16, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #8,681 of 9,223
Just ordered the Linsoul Mirage and FAAEAL Rice to test out over vacation, real shame the Melody didn’t arrive before as well…

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #8,682 of 9,223
Pulled the trigger on:

XINHS GOLD 8-Cores GrapheneUpgrade Cable LITZ Structure Single Crystal Copper Plated Silver + Graphene Earphone Upgrade Line

Lots of good mentions of XINHS. I like the bold look of this one and hoping it's decently soft and flexible without much cord memory. Will see when it arrives...

1697512972287.png

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #8,683 of 9,223
Pulled the trigger on:

XINHS GOLD 8-Cores GrapheneUpgrade Cable LITZ Structure Single Crystal Copper Plated Silver + Graphene Earphone Upgrade Line

Lots of good mentions of XINHS. I like the bold look of this one and hoping it's decently soft and flexible without much cord memory. Will see when it arrives...

Looking forward to your impressions when you receive it!
It is lingering on my wishlist for quite a while now.
What IEM are you planning to use it with / what kind of sound do you expect?
Judging from the used materials i guess it´s best suited for a bit warmer IEM and will tighten the bass, enhance treble and add clarity.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #8,684 of 9,223
Looking forward to your impressions when you receive it!
It is lingering on my wishlist for quite a while now.
What IEM are you planning to use it with / what kind of sound do you expect?
Judging from the used materials i guess it´s best suited for a bit warmer IEM and will tighten the bass, enhance treble and add clarity.

I’ll be using it on the Symphonium Helios.

I don’t really have expectations. I’m open minded on it. Maybe it will change and maybe I’m not sensitive enough to detect it? I’m new to cable rolling. I mostly just want the 3.5mm SE connection it has for wider compatibility vs my cable with 4.4 balanced termination currently. I also don’t want the sound quality to degrade. Pretty low bar, but low chance of disappointment too.

I’ve heard and read that LITZ can have a good effect. I’ve heard copper is warm and silver is cold, but never compared it for myself before so I think that will fun. I’d expect it to be a relatively low impedance cable. I EQ with a Quedelix 5K already to give a sub bass shelf right now. I’ll get to AB with and without the EQ. Coming from planar headphones, I’m new to IEMs too if you don’t count AirPods. I think the Symphonium has great speed to it, and I think it does well at staging and conveys a decent amount of space and openness for an IEM. Im curious to see if the cable offers more clarity or detail, or maybe better transient response. That would be a big win!

Oct 17, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #8,685 of 9,223
Tripowin Mirage came in.. really nice. I’m not one to hear a difference of sound in cables but this seems like a really nice budget pick. It’s a metallic dark brown, 4 cores, really thin and sleek. The plug is small, not bulky at all. Really light, I think this one may be my daily but a bit worried about how tight/loose the 2 pin was, I need to keep an eye on that but it could just be my Tea 2. 20 dollars or so depending on your store front. I like this one quite a bit more than the Zonie I think.

IMG_5382.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back