Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Oct 18, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #8,686 of 9,186
I’ll be using it on the Symphonium Helios.

I don’t really have expectations. I’m open minded on it. Maybe it will change and maybe I’m not sensitive enough to detect it? I’m new to cable rolling. I mostly just want the 3.5mm SE connection it has for wider compatibility vs my cable with 4.4 balanced termination currently. I also don’t want the sound quality to degrade. Pretty low bar, but low chance of disappointment too.

I’ve heard and read that LITZ can have a good effect. I’ve heard copper is warm and silver is cold, but never compared it for myself before so I think that will fun. I’d expect it to be a relatively low impedance cable. I EQ with a Quedelix 5K already to give a sub bass shelf right now. I’ll get to AB with and without the EQ. Coming from planar headphones, I’m new to IEMs too if you don’t count AirPods. I think the Symphonium has great speed to it, and I think it does well at staging and conveys a decent amount of space and openness for an IEM. Im curious to see if the cable offers more clarity or detail, or maybe better transient response. That would be a big win!
That's good that you are open minded. Try to forget everything what you read and just listen 👂🏻
When I was new to IEMs and bought my first XINHS cable I did not know anything about cables and the possibility of altering the sound, that was good so I could find it out myself.
Have fun cable rolling and please share your findings :)

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #8,687 of 9,186
Oct 18, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #8,688 of 9,186
Quite a big discount on TRI Wolfram 4Core OFC Shielding Pure Silver Upgrade Cable:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003807876513.html

Don't own it myself, so can't comment on how good it is is.
I have that cable. It’s certainly one to consider: the detail and crispness of silver, but with body and richness that silver normally lacks. It feels solid and well made, with no real issues at all unless you dislike thicker cables or cloth covering.

Great paring for a warm or dark IEM, or anything that isn’t already very bright sounding.

At that price (under $40), it’s a great deal. Thanks for sharing.

Oct 18, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #8,689 of 9,186
IMG_5395.jpeg

FAAEAL Rice came in and is a beautiful match with the Melody. Vacation mode.

Oct 24, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #8,695 of 9,186
That's good that you are open minded. Try to forget everything what you read and just listen 👂🏻
When I was new to IEMs and bought my first XINHS cable I did not know anything about cables and the possibility of altering the sound, that was good so I could find it out myself.
Have fun cable rolling and please share your findings :)
Got my order today. Came with a free mystery cable (blue) which is a 4 core something? The cable I ordered was:

XINHS GOLD 8-Cores GrapheneUpgrade Cable LITZ Structure Single Crystal Copper Plated Silver + Graphene Earphone Upgrade Line

First impressions. Between the two cables, the copper one is better with the spatial characteristics, and seems to bring forward the vocals a bit in some tracks, while also giving a tad more grunt. the blue one seems to have more "bite" around the edges of sounds in the upper regions, things seem a bit more neutral and dry. These are very subtle characteristics. I tend to appreciate differences in time domain, that's where the "magic" is in my opinion-- transients, imaging, staging, timbre, texture, etc. I can't compare with the stock balanced cable of the Helios directly, Symphonium includes the Nova cable (here) with the Helios which is a collab with a company Altalune?, but I do have a balanced to SE adapter so I gave it a try in order to compare to the XINHS. The Nova cable is my favorite of the three from what I can tell, but maybe I'm just used to it and need to spend some time with the others. The sound is good with any of them, but if I'm angling for all that "magic" I want, then the Nova cable seems to bring out more of those qualities. It's probably just a 10% difference in those things, but it feels like step down so I'll probably return the XINHS cable.

IMG_2727.jpeg

IMG_2731.png

IMG_2729.jpeg

Oct 25, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #8,696 of 9,186
Thanks for sharing your impressions! :)
Too bad the cable didn´t bring an improvement in your case.
It´s also about finding the right synergy, you might prefer the Nova in this case and prefer the XINHS cable in another scenario, it all depends.
What adapter did you use?
I also recently bought a balanced to SE adapter and even this short little cable affects the sound. In my case an improvement (tightens bass)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.10.1309180258NVdz
2023-10-25 09_50_57-ivipQ 8-core Sterling Silver Adapter Cable 4.4mm to 2.5mm_ 3.5mm Balanced ...png

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #8,697 of 9,186
Hello All,

11/11 sale would be there on Aliexpress. Is there a place where deals on Good copper Cables, connectors, adapters (2pin to recessed etc), could be found? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

Oct 26, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #8,699 of 9,186
Hello All,

11/11 sale would be there on Aliexpress. Is there a place where deals on Good copper Cables, connectors, adapters (2pin to recessed etc), could be found? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.
Xinhs and Ivipq are reliable and popular cable sellers. Both typically do sale discounts, are often great value for money, give good advice, and can offer customisations. I'm sure people here can advise specific models if you need particular characteristics.

Oct 26, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #8,700 of 9,186
@ExTubeGamer @Echalon

Thank you will keep a look out here. I am just looking for good warmer sounding cables. (2pin) , from what I have read good copper cables tend to be warmer. Hoping for some good bargains. My own knowledge and experience is very very very limited, so I do not wish to rely on my judgement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back