Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 6, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #8,086 of 9,186
No

I'm not sure if I understand your question, do you mean costing of the cable?

As I understand Graphene coating like the one you linked is supposed to increase the main character of the cable under the graphene. But how much or if it works I have no idea about.
I did mean the cable cost, sorry for the confusion. Thank you for the advice, I think I'll go for the one you linked earlier.

Feb 6, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #8,087 of 9,186
I did mean the cable cost, sorry for the confusion. Thank you for the advice, I think I'll go for the one you linked earlier.
You are probably going to be satisfied, they are good quality and thicker than you original cable. Have the same one and its very light and thin.

I have the XINHS 4 Core Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated coming soon, its well renowned by many. This is also a great one if you can pay more, but if it gives you more joy than the 2 other ones I linked is no guarantee.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.10.1d311802Zg21ow

Always happy to help out :beerchug:

Feb 6, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #8,088 of 9,186
Enjoyed the video, was linked here for enjoyment. But I should have known it would spark a storm since its sensitive topic.

From experience in life, I try to never disagree and argue even if I don't believe what some people are saying. I usually just let it flow past me, only when I notice the other person is able to discuss with a open mind I discuss it. This is in so many aspects of life from religion, politics, food or even sound as we have it here on the forum.

And personally I have learned so much stuff that has helped both me and some close ones in changing some controversial life decisions, and this I would have laughed about 10years ago. So your are never finished in learning something new before your time is over .

Anyways nice to see you come in here to address it Resolve. Cheers.

You mean precisely what was indicated in the video? It was expressed very clearly, and multiple times, that it's all specific to unique edge cases where a headphone's impedance is significantly lower than normal. The thing is, depending on where you look online, there's a false narrative gaining inertia that under no circumstances will a cable make an audible difference. Now the spirit of that narrative may come from a benign place - that is... course correcting on marketing claims about exorbitantly priced cables that in fact aren't going to make any tangible difference, regardless of the story being told about them. But sometimes these narratives go overboard, obscuring the truth behind this stuff, and we saw evidence of that repeated in the comments section of the video. So, yeah it might be a platitude for folks who know better, but when the norm is to deny people's experiences even in cases when cables are actually making a tangible difference (like the edge cases described, for ultra low impedance headphones or IEMs), then that's a problem.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #8,089 of 9,186
You are probably going to be satisfied, they are good quality and thicker than you original cable. Have the same one and its very light and thin.

I have the XINHS 4 Core Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated coming soon, its well renowned by many. This is also a great one if you can pay more, but if it gives you more joy than the 2 other ones I linked is no guarantee.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.10.1d311802Zg21ow

Always happy to help out :beerchug:
I'm liking the PVC sheath on this one; if only I could rationalize the price for the cheap IEMs I have.
Perhaps someday when I invest in a better quality pair of IEMs, I'll buy this cable! :L3000:

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #8,091 of 9,186
I need some help, i see 2 Xinhis stores on AE, are both legit?

Feb 7, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #8,092 of 9,186
Yeah it's confused me also, they have different stock. But both are XINHS according some others here who has ordered from both👍

Feb 7, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #8,093 of 9,186
Sorry for more newbie questions, but I don't want to accidentally buy a cable with the wrong connector.

For the Tangzu Wan'er, it comes with what looks like a QDC 0.78 mm 2 pin. I talked to XINHS and he said his QDC cables are 0.75, so should I just buy a 0.78 mm for it?

https://www.linsoul.com/products/tangzu-waner-s-g?variant=43530411180249
No worries, it uses 0.78mm recessed angular connection on the Tangzu Waner SG. Normal 2 pin should work, only difference that you are used to the cable pointing more backward with the original.
But I'm not sure, way to many stadards

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 12:49 AM Post #8,094 of 9,186
Sorry for more newbie questions, but I don't want to accidentally buy a cable with the wrong connector.

For the Tangzu Wan'er, it comes with what looks like a QDC 0.78 mm 2 pin. I talked to XINHS and he said his QDC cables are 0.75, so should I just buy a 0.78 mm for it?

https://www.linsoul.com/products/tangzu-waner-s-g?variant=43530411180249
QDC should be 0.75mm. If you're wearing them outside or in the gym, the shroud helps seal the connection against moisture and dust. TFZ (or NX7) connectors work similarly. A standard 2 pin will fit either as well. I've given up on keeping 0.75mm as well as 0.78mm 2 pin cables. KZ version of QDC also has reversed polarity from QDC although AFAIK most ChFi uses this reversed type (KZ, CCA, TRN, QDC etc). But for any cable manufacturers offering KZ reversed QDC, that is usually the version you want. Unless you have an actual QDC IEM when you want the actual QDC rather than the reversed one (confused yet?).

Yes both are legit! Based on the logic of an accountant falling past a 5th floor window "So far so good!"

Feb 7, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #8,095 of 9,186
No worries, it uses 0.78mm recessed angular connection on the Tangzu Waner SG. Normal 2 pin should work, only difference that you are used to the cable pointing more backward with the original.
But I'm not sure, way to many stadards

QDC should be 0.75mm. If you're wearing them outside or in the gym, the shroud helps seal the connection against moisture and dust. TFZ (or NX7) connectors work similarly. A standard 2 pin will fit either as well. I've given up on keeping 0.75mm as well as 0.78mm 2 pin cables. KZ version of QDC also has reversed polarity from QDC although AFAIK most ChFi uses this reversed type (KZ, CCA, TRN, QDC etc). But for any cable manufacturers offering KZ reversed QDC, that is usually the version you want. Unless you have an actual QDC IEM when you want the actual QDC rather than the reversed one (confused yet?).

Yes both are legit! Based on the logic of an accountant falling past a 5th floor window "So far so good!"
Thank you both for your answers! I noticed in a few reviews people were using a normal 0.78 mm on the Wan'er, so I think it should work. I'm planning to wear them outside though.

Would using a QDC on the Wan'er affect the audio severely enough to consider using a recessed 0.78 mm/normal 2 pin instead?

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #8,096 of 9,186
I'm liking the PVC sheath on this one; if only I could rationalize the price for the cheap IEMs I have.
The way I rationalize it is by knowing I can move the cable onto better iems when they come in

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #8,097 of 9,186
Thank you both for your answers! I noticed in a few reviews people were using a normal 0.78 mm on the Wan'er, so I think it should work. I'm planning to wear them outside though.

Would using a QDC on the Wan'er affect the audio severely enough to consider using a recessed 0.78 mm/normal 2 pin instead?
QDC cables aren't any worse than 2 pin for audio quality. It's interesting that the QDC are described as 0.78mm on the Wan'er whereas KZ describes them as 0.75mm on their IEMs. Using a standard 0.78 2 pin cable works on KZ IEMs with QDC, but it stands out further from the shell, particularly if you used a recessed 2 pin cable. TFZ connector should also work in a a pinch.:L3000:

The way I rationalize it is by knowing I can move the cable onto better iems when they come in

Funnily enough I end up buying really cheap cables too. I end up needing something to free up the decent ones that get thrown on budget IEMs when they arrive. QKZ 8 core QDC 3.5mm cables end up on a few of my KZs. For about $7 they do fine. If I give any away, it's "Say hello to your stock cable again!". Passing on cheap IEMs, I no longer listen to is one thing. Indulging someone else's cable fetish, is a different matter entirely! I include nice cables under the jewelry category, which substantially reduces the target audience!:wink:

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #8,098 of 9,186
I do truly want a expensive cable for my EST50, but I'm 90% sure I will get a bad aftertaste of the 400$ price paid.

Have a special length XINHS whitecrane copy/equal cable coming in a week or two, maybe going to to tame the itch.

This is very good advice, since many of the cheapest cables specially from Linsoul, hifigo etc is not the best. There is always some exceptions of course. And even if one start in the lowest tier of IEMs most go upwards :thumbsup:

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #8,099 of 9,186
As iems go down my favourites list they'll often move back to 3.5mm cables or some of the better stock cables. Failing that they sit naked in a drawer.

Feb 8, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #8,100 of 9,186
why hakuzen removed 175 from his list?

im not around for awhile, wanted to suggest a cable to a friend, but 175 has gone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back