Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 30, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #8,056 of 9,225
If I remember right its one of the cables that has the purest measurement in not changing the sound(of the cables he had measured I guess). DUNU DUW03 is a great cable and measures similar to the white crane.

Don't know where I read it, was a list I found last year. Still I do believe some changes are not easy to measure, or a worse measured cable can add a sound change due to design.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #8,057 of 9,225

Might be of interest here, fun one.

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #8,058 of 9,225

Not an ideal environment, which is why I don't go to Canjam. I need a room in vaccume.

I find that noise floor level makes a huge difference in how acutely I hear things. So, background noise is a nogo. I like ANC headphones in noise environments for a reason.

I assume he's going to measure impedance. Old knowledge. Nothing new.

Knowledge that will never change: Cables shouldn't cost that much.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #8,059 of 9,225
There is always a point where the price don't match any of the costs of the material and process in making a cable. This is apparent in almost all high end cables.
Also why many of the Xinhs and NiceHCK(when heavy discounted) is a good buy.

Another point is design of a cable, the cost can ramp up fast with nicer connections and splitters.

Also the end summary in video does admit that on lower more sensitive headphones the change is noticable. This also reflects what many say about IEMs being more sensitive to cable changes. Still the change is rather small, but it's there for those who believe and want to do the cable game.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #8,060 of 9,225

One can measure the resistance (by far, the main component of the cable "impedance") using a simple $10- $30 multimeter to avoid all the snake oil.

Alternatively, one can "imagine" (for the lack of any evidence) some (or very rich) frequency attenuation by the cables depending on imagination, funds invested, and gullibility.

I always recommend a good old tale of Hans Christian Andersen "The Emperor's New Clothes" as an antidot to the herd mentality, such as silver vs. copper, palladium, graphene, unobtanium, "unbiased-reviewerium"...

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #8,061 of 9,225
Also the end summary in video does admit that on lower more sensitive headphones the change is noticable. This also reflects what many say about IEMs being more sensitive to cable changes. Still the change is rather small, but it's there for those who believe and want to do the cable game.
You nailed it. This is a great point. He uses Raal for this demonstration? Why? It seems like a setup because Raal's driver impedance is rediculously low that it's comparable to cable impedance.

The video is obviously a bate.

Let's see a video of him do it with a normal headphone.

I mean this crap has been discussed in iem threads years ago. iems with low impedance, we discussed to death.

Raal's webpage says this "True-Ribbon headphones are of very low resistance (impedance)_few tens of milliohms" The headphone impedance is comparable to cable impedance. It's a rare, not the usual, isolated case. Try this with a Sennheiser.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #8,062 of 9,225

Fact of the matter is that cables all sound different, whether you can hear that difference depends on alot of things. Some people just have poor hearing, it also depends on your source and amplification amongst other variables.

Dont listen to someone who has never tested anything. Telling you their "beliefs", like notorious belieber crinacle. He measures stuff and says witty things, doesn't mean his hearing is better than yours.

I own and compared various cables with copper, silver, palladium, graphene and they all sound different. If I had to quantify it as a number, some as much as 20%. Thats why theres a mid level cable thread and a high end cable thread.

If it took Andrew from headphones.com this long to figure out the cables make a difference, I don't think his hearing is all that good because it took a viking weave cable thats as thick as a thumb for him to be able to notice. Either that or his stubborn bias allowed his "beliefs" to ignore it for quite a long time.

If you can't hear or don't want to hear a difference dont waste your money on cables.

Feb 4, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #8,063 of 9,225
Fact of the matter is that cables all sound different, whether you can hear that difference depends on alot of things. Some people just have poor hearing, it also depends on your source and amplification amongst other variables.

Dont listen to someone who has never tested anything. Telling you their "beliefs", like notorious belieber crinacle. He measures stuff and says witty things, doesn't mean his hearing is better than yours.

I own and compared various cables with copper, silver, palladium, graphene and they all sound different. If I had to quantify it as a number, some as much as 20%. Thats why theres a mid level cable thread and a high end cable thread.

If it took Andrew from headphones.com this long to figure out the cables make a difference, I don't think his hearing is all that good because it took a viking weave cable thats as thick as a thumb for him to be able to notice. Either that or his stubborn bias allowed his "beliefs" to ignore it for quite a long time.

If you can't hear or don't want to hear a difference dont waste your money on cables.
Oh my god, so much anger. We're saying it's noticeable in this case because the cable impedance is comparable to the ridiculously low impedance of the Raal driver. Nobody can refute in this case.

Feb 4, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #8,064 of 9,225
Oh my god, so much anger. We're saying it's noticeable in this case because the cable impedance is comparable to the ridiculously low impedance of the Raal driver. Nobody can refute in this case.
Lol in this case fine.

What about all the other cases?

What about in my case?

I have the hakugei healer cable and this palladium mix cable, very different characteristics in sound. I'm not using a raal driver. Tested it on budget iems and it makes a huge difference, enough so that if some were to blind test it, I'd say the person would think they were different iems. Given that the person's hearing is not crap, of course.

Feb 4, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #8,065 of 9,225
Lol in this case fine.

What about all the other cases?

What about in my case?

I have the hakugei healer cable and this palladium mix cable, very different characteristics in sound. I'm not using a raal driver. Tested it on budget iems and it makes a huge difference, enough so that if some were to blind test it, I'd say the person would think they were different iems. Given that the person's hearing is not crap, of course.
Different to you, not objectively independently demonstrated right? Palladium, non-obtanium, sure!

At the same time, cables can be measured so precisely by well-defined electrical measuremens, much more precisely than sound transducers! Cable resistance indeed matters, which is well documented. Other components of impedance may matter for high-load cables, not the case for IEM ones. Nothing else is documented, other than perhaps a huge profit margin selling cables.

Then coming to "your level," to my ears - blue cables sound so much nicer, you won"t believe -at least 30-40 "my percents" different. If others can't hear - totally their problems, right? :)
To flat earthers - the Earth is flat. To the loyal emperor's servants - his clothes are the most beautiful.
Then, again, my beautiful blue cables are not costly compared to palladium and unobtanium :)

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #8,066 of 9,225
It was not my point to spark up discussion with the video, thread is about cable reccomendations after all.

Been interested in getting this for a work IEM of mine, very good value after it's discounted now.

XINHS 8 Core Silver Red Mixed 5N Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated Upgrade Cable High Purity Earphon Wire
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqwIRDC

Feb 4, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #8,067 of 9,225
Different to you, not objectively independently demonstrated right? Palladium, non-obtanium, sure!

At the same time, cables can be measured so precisely by well-defined electrical measuremens, much more precisely than sound transducers! Cable resistance indeed matters, which is well documented. Other components of impedance may matter for high-load cables, not the case for IEM ones. Nothing else is documented, other than perhaps a huge profit margin selling cables.

Then coming to "your level," to my ears - blue cables sound so much nicer, you won"t believe -at least 30-40 "my percents" different. If others can't hear - totally their problems, right? :)
To flat earthers - the Earth is flat. To the loyal emperor's servants - his clothes are the most beautiful.
Then, again, my beautiful blue cables are not costly compared to palladium and unobtanium :)
Yes different to my ears. Its more concrete than anything you can provide, which is hopes and dreams and child science. Hey remember that time you gave me a link to a research paper as proof of your opinion but your conclusion was completely the opposite of the author.

I just listen with my ears, I have no need for belief. Who's the flat earther now?

I dont know what kind of analogy or reference to an emperor you're making, its all the same as nothing you say makes sense to me.

Perhaps you buy cables because its a pretty color but no a cable made of pure silver is not the same as a blue cable. Reaching pretty hard with that one.

In any case, I'm not going waste my time arguing with you. If you don't believe the cables make a difference, then don't buy it, thats it. Don't try to tell me what I hear or don't hear with my cables, I'll tell you since you don't have it or maybe don't have the hearing ability to discern the difference.

I'll just enjoy my palladium mix cable, this one sounds the best out of anything in my collection. Really brings out the treble in my iems.

Feb 4, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #8,068 of 9,225
Yes different to my ears. Its more concrete than anything you can provide, which is hopes and dreams and child science. Hey remember that time you gave me a link to a research paper as proof of your opinion but your conclusion was completely the opposite of the author.

I just listen with my ears, I have no need for belief. Who's the flat earther now?

I dont know what kind of analogy or reference to an emperor you're making, its all the same as nothing you say makes sense to me.

Perhaps you buy cables because its a pretty color but no a cable made of pure silver is not the same as a blue cable. Reaching pretty hard with that one.

In any case, I'm not going waste my time arguing with you. If you don't believe the cables make a difference, then don't buy it, thats it. Don't try to tell me what I hear or don't hear with my cables, I'll tell you since you don't have it or maybe don't have the hearing ability to discern the difference.

I'll just enjoy my palladium mix cable, this one sounds the best out of anything in my collection. Really brings out the treble in my iems.
Finished arguing without any substance, like about the paper innuendos. Ether show clear evidence of cable making a difference or "research papers" miscited - should be easy to document, right?
Otherwise, even one of my cables saying "moo" to you :)
20230204_192504.jpg

Or just continue to leave in your dream world.

Feb 4, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #8,069 of 9,225
Finished arguing without any substance, like about the paper innuendos. Ether show clear evidence of cable making a difference or "research papers" miscited - should be easy to document, right?
Otherwise, even one of my cables saying "moo" to you :)
20230204_192504.jpg
Or just continue to leave in your dream world.
Again, your attempts to sound smart leave your retort to be convoluted and indecipherable from the jibberings of a 2 year old. I have no idea what you're attempting to say.

I'm not the one claiming I have proof, again, I just use my ears. Why don't you post your "proof" again lol.

Congratulations you posted a picture of a cable with no description or context, go moo yourself.

I will "leave" in my dream world, don't let it bother you.

Feb 4, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #8,070 of 9,225
The good old cable debate... I knew as soon as I saw the video that it would ruffle some feathers.

There are so many factors involved in this hobby like hearing capability, mood, impedance, noise, ear shape, source file (lossy/lossless), Headphone and IEM pairing, biases, EQ, DAC & Amp pairings, age, outside noise, power, subjective preference, eartip/pad change... E.t.c. that not all of us are going to agree on some things but, it would be nice to see people just agreeing to disagree on some hot topics and moving on rather than getting salty and rude.

Even discussions that start off with good intensions and curiosity turn to crap sooner or later. That's the hobby I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back