Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 22, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #8,026 of 9,243
Question, I have sticked to copper, silver plated copper, silver and hybrid cables of those.

What is the sound character of gold plating on a cobber or silver cable?

Also what does the graphene plating do?
From my limited experience, gold plating affects bass like silver plating affects treble, making it more defined and emphasised. Graphene has a slightly different tonality and emphasis, mostly in the mids. Please take this with some skeptisism as it is based entirely on my experience with a few Xinhs cables.

Jan 22, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #8,027 of 9,243
Hi , i have shure se535 .. its cable died 4 years ago and replaced it with another one chinese silver plated from a brand the it is banned from head fi .. and i had no problems with sound .. just sounded nearly the same as i used to ... Then it died too after 2 years or so ...
i got a generic thin cableScreenshot_20230122-033102.png then .. i put my shures on ..
Where the hell bass has gone ??!! .. it sounded slightly harsh with nearly no bass !!!!
After a bit of research i discovered that cables can alter the sound of multi armature iems ... And there is impedance and resistance stuff 😁
So i am confused now and i need a good replacement and cheap .. like 10 to 15 $
I've seen some nice options like :
Kbear 8 or 16 cores
And Nicehck C8-1 8core spc and copper mixed
If there is better or nicer options i am open to them just want my BASS back ! 😂
The se535 isn't a budget IEM perhaps you should stretch your budget a bit.

Jan 22, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #8,028 of 9,243
Question, I have sticked to copper, silver plated copper, silver and hybrid cables of those.

What is the sound character of gold plating on a cobber or silver cable?

Also what does the graphene plating do?
I think all 'gold' plated cables thay you can get under $100 or maybe even $200 (unless specified) refers to a gold colour chemical not real gold. But interestingly real gold or chemical gold they both smooth out the sound and increase the warmth. Some of these cheaper gold cables are so coloured they might make all your IEMs sound the same.

Graphene plating I am still skeptical about it but I have seen and listened to some $2000+ cables with graphene and other elements. I think in general it gets you a faster and more energetic sound, probably mostly in the treble.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #8,029 of 9,243
The se535 isn't a budget IEM perhaps you should stretch your budget a bit
Of course if i can afford more i would do it but I believe it is not a matter of cost rather than the resistance of the cable ...
I need a recommendation of lower resistance cable as possible (as my sources now are : sony walkman X - Fiio X3 ) within my budget right now

The options are :
1-Nicehck C8-1 ( i like that they mentioned the cable resistance and capacitance but i just want to be sure if they are honest and credible company or not as i didn't deal with them before )
https://m.ar.aliexpress.com/item/4001204688565.html?
gatewayAdapt=glo2ara

2- Kb ear 8 or 16 core : i like the esthetics more .. and the included soft case but they don't mention any specs about their cables unlike Nicehck!

Jan 23, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #8,030 of 9,243
Of course if i can afford more i would do it but I believe it is not a matter of cost rather than the resistance of the cable ...
I need a recommendation of lower resistance cable as possible (as my sources now are : sony walkman X - Fiio X3 ) within my budget right now

The options are :
1-Nicehck C8-1 ( i like that they mentioned the cable resistance and capacitance but i just want to be sure if they are honest and credible company or not as i didn't deal with them before )
https://m.ar.aliexpress.com/item/4001204688565.html?
gatewayAdapt=glo2ara

2- Kb ear 8 or 16 core : i like the esthetics more .. and the included soft case but they don't mention any specs about their cables unlike Nicehck!
NiceHCK Audio Store and NiceHCK Official Store have both been good to deal with. I've used both and never had problems. :ksc75smile:

Jan 25, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #8,034 of 9,243
Or Xinhs is preffered by many when choosing Aliexpress cables.
The Whitecrane or the same offering from XINHS is very good 👍

NOK 442.81 25%OFF | XINHS 4 Core Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated Wire HIFI Upgrade Cable With 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Plug MMCX/0.78mm 2 Pin/QDC Connector
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msAe6Ho

Hi I was considering getting a 2 pin cable from aliexpress at a reasonable price. Do you have any advice?

Stick to cables made by NiceHCK and KBear.

Jan 25, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #8,035 of 9,243
Or Xinhs is preffered by many when choosing Aliexpress cables.
The Whitecrane or the same offering from XINHS is very good 👍

NOK 442.81 25%OFF | XINHS 4 Core Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated Wire HIFI Upgrade Cable With 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Plug MMCX/0.78mm 2 Pin/QDC Connector
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msAe6Ho
This Xinhs is indeed a great bang for the buck!

Jan 25, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #8,036 of 9,243
Another great cable that's a relatively cheap cable Penon CS819.

Hybrid cable of OCC and Silver Plated OCC, this is the stock cable with the Penon Serial. I Liked it very much, the right softness and weight and no ear cable guides. Sounds great, specially to be a stock cable for Penon Serial. I have 2 of it, 2pin and MMCX.

I might be biased as I love the cobber and silver look, the nice hardware also helps.

https://penonaudio.com/penon-cs819.html

Jan 25, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #8,038 of 9,243
Hi I was considering getting a 2 pin cable from aliexpress at a reasonable price. Do you have any advice?
XINHS and ivipQ cables come with a very nice case and seem to be different outlets for the same cables. One of them will usually have a silver plated 5N single crystal copper 8 core cable on sale for $12.
Buy during sales, there are usually very good discounts on NiceHCK cables then. KBEAR and TRI cables are good but don't seem to be discounted as much or as often.

Keeping track of flash deals and sales is definitely the way to save on cables on AliExpress. Remember that your IEMs included cable will do in the meantime. Then you can put the savings towards something else, usually another pair of IEMs! :L3000:

Jan 25, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #8,039 of 9,243
XINHS and ivipQ cables
How is the quality on the ivipQ cables? Have one in my cart on AliExpress, just haven't bought i yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back