Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 25, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #8,041 of 9,243
How is the quality on the ivipQ cables? Have one in my cart on AliExpress, just haven't bought i yet.
ivipQ and XINHS are the same cables. I've had an ivipQ cable come in an XINHS case. Same fittings and wire (specs are identical too). Both offer custom cables, so seem to have same close relationship with manufacturer (OEM or in house). Quality is strangely enough the same.

I V Music Shop Store
is the store for ivipQ IEM cables, their other store does cables for full sized headphones.

There are 2 XINHS stores, both have proven reliable and they run different specials.
XINHS Official Store
XINHS Headphone Cable HIFI Store

I'd link them but either that's playing up at the moment!:triportsad:

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #8,042 of 9,243
Cheers, I noticed the 2 stores for the Xinhs. The part about ivipQ is good to hear. Probably going to try one then.

ivipQ and XINHS are the same cables. I've had an ivipQ cable come in an XINHS case. Same fittings and wire (specs are identical too). Both offer custom cables, so seem to have same close relationship with manufacturer (OEM or in house). Quality is strangely enough the same.

I V Music Shop Store
is the store for ivipQ IEM cables, their other store does cables for full sized headphones.

There are 2 XINHS stores, both have proven reliable and they run different specials.
XINHS Official Store
XINHS Headphone Cable HIFI Store

I'd link them but either that's playing up at the moment!:triportsad:

Jan 26, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #8,043 of 9,243
Another great cable that's a relatively cheap cable Penon CS819.

Hybrid cable of OCC and Silver Plated OCC, this is the stock cable with the Penon Serial. I Liked it very much, the right softness and weight and no ear cable guides. Sounds great, specially to be a stock cable for Penon Serial. I have 2 of it, 2pin and MMCX.

I might be biased as I love the cobber and silver look, the nice hardware also helps.

https://penonaudio.com/penon-cs819.html
I like this. I was looking for a thick cable, I don't like cables that are too thin. How is this?

Jan 26, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #8,045 of 9,243
I like this. I was looking for a thick cable, I don't like cables that are too thin. How is this?
It is in the middle road, not too thick and not to thin.

Another great one that is basically a improved cable of that one is Penon Mix also have modular connections. Maybe my favorite cable right now, price is quite high depending on your budget.
The braid is beautiful on the mix.
PXL_20230119_152453303~4.jpg

Jan 26, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #8,046 of 9,243
It is in the middle road, not too thick and not to thin.

Another great one that is basically a improved cable of that one is Penon Mix also have modular connections. Maybe my favorite cable right now, price is quite high depending on your budget.
The braid is beautiful on the mix.
PXL_20230119_152453303~4.jpg
The mix is very nice but they are out of budget. I wanted to stay under 50 bucks

Jan 26, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #8,047 of 9,243
The mix is very nice but they are out of budget. I wanted to stay under 50 bucks
Understand that, dunno what happened as I was never supposed to buy a cable for more than 100$. And here I am 😂

Most cables under 50$ from the mentioned cable makers in this thread are good. Just beware of some makers claiming the price to be very high, then on the sale day discounts them to 10-50%. Would never buy a Nicehck cable for the full price.

While ISN and Penon cables are good for the full price.

Jan 26, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #8,048 of 9,243
Jan 26, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #8,050 of 9,243
Understand that, dunno what happened as I was never supposed to buy a cable for more than 100$. And here I am 😂

Most cables under 50$ from the mentioned cable makers in this thread are good. Just beware of some makers claiming the price to be very high, then on the sale day discounts them to 10-50%. Would never buy a Nicehck cable for the full price.

While ISN and Penon cables are good for the full price.
thank you for the help you give me

Jan 30, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #8,051 of 9,243
Looking for another recommendation from the crew. 3.5mm / MMCX with the ability to be worn up or down. (JVC HA-FWX1) Amazon preference. I believe I use a LSoul for my LCD-i4 and I wear them down too, but I don't think I want another blue cable.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #8,052 of 9,243
Looking for another recommendation from the crew. 3.5mm / MMCX with the ability to be worn up or down. (JVC HA-FWX1) Amazon preference. I believe I use a LSoul for my LCD-i4 and I wear them down too, but I don't think I want another blue cable.
NiceHCK 16 and 24 core cables come without earhooks. XINHS or ivipQ will also customise cables on request. I believe that includes leaving the heat shrink tubing for formed ear hooks off. :L3000:

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #8,053 of 9,243
Fun to see the discount on the makers, says something about the actual cost in making them.

Think I'm going to try this one, quite unique look.
XINHS 8 Core Silver Red Mixed 5N Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtvjKKe

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #8,054 of 9,243
Fun to see the discount on the makers, says something about the actual cost in making them.

Think I'm going to try this one, quite unique look.
XINHS 8 Core Silver Red Mixed 5N Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtvjKKe

I bought them on November 10 for 11€. Such comedic quasi-discounts do not do the seller good advertising and are pronounced embarrassing.

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #8,055 of 9,243

Users who are viewing this thread

Back