Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 8, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #8,101 of 9,225
Feb 8, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #8,102 of 9,225
I do truly want a expensive cable for my EST50, but I'm 90% sure I will get a bad aftertaste of the 400$ price paid.

Have a special length XINHS whitecrane copy/equal cable coming in a week or two, maybe going to to tame the itch.

This is very good advice, since many of the cheapest cables specially from Linsoul, hifigo etc is not the best. There is always some exceptions of course. And even if one start in the lowest tier of IEMs most go upwards :thumbsup:
You could meanwhile give this one a try... I could not resist this price tag with all the new stuff incoming...

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #8,103 of 9,225
ISO: Pure copper MMCX 4.4mm-currently using Pure Copper Litz.

Looking at NiceHCK Maple & Orangesir.

Couple other options noticed on Ali, SXC 8 & Reference 8 - from what I read seller bought massive bulk on these when ALO had there sale hence the cheaper pricing.

Thoughts?

Feb 10, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #8,104 of 9,225

Couple other options noticed on Ali, SXC 8 & Reference 8 - from what I read seller bought massive bulk on these when ALO had there sale hence the cheaper pricing.

Thoughts?
I have the OrangeSir it's a nice cable, if a little stiff. I picked one up during 11/11, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay the full price. Buy NiceHCK cables during sales they are usually a few at up to 80% off. Also watch when they introduce new cables sometimes the introductory offers seem aimed at getting sales and good reviews on launch. Strangely enough they seem to have had a lot of specials on 4.4mm balanced 2 pin cables at the moment. I'm sure OrangeSir was up in one of those for about $12, I was happy to get it for under $30!:triportsad:

Feb 10, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #8,105 of 9,225
Took a small chance on lucky bag from NiceHCK, got the NiceHCK SilverLoong Copper Silver Alloy And 7N Silver Plated OCC Mixed Earphone Cable. Seems good quality and is great with EST50, typical copper and silver plating to my ears. Shorter(105cm) than my other cables, got a feel the Lucky Bag items is B stock maybe.

And as always on NiceHCK way too aggressive ear hooks, need to get the precision scissor ready for some work.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003611334019.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.58e738daWKpwqL&mp=1
PXL_20230210_214455093~4.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #8,106 of 9,225

Thoughts?
Nice HCK OrangeSir is on sale with coupon again at NiceHCK Audio Store. :L3000:

There are coupons on others there too, I'm a fan of the PurpleSE. Prices with coupon aren't quite as good as the Xmas and Black Friday sales, but close!

OrangeSir

PurpleSE

Feb 11, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #8,107 of 9,225
Feb 11, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #8,108 of 9,225
Nice HCK OrangeSir is on sale with coupon again at NiceHCK Audio Store. :L3000:

There are coupons on others there too, I'm a fan of the PurpleSE. Prices with coupon aren't quite as good as the Xmas and Black Friday sales, but close!

OrangeSir

PurpleSE
Sorry, but the following link - in comparison - proves that the discounts shown on Ali are mostly rubbish...

OrangeSir

Edit: sorry Barndoor was faster - should read to the last post before posting... Still it's not so much about the price itself but the stated original price...

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #8,109 of 9,225
Just picked up orangesir even cheaper through their Choice offers
US$14
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLgBA6K
I'm set up for 2.5mm balanced or 3.5mm SE. :triportsad:

Sorry, but the following link - in comparison - proves that the discounts shown on Ali are mostly rubbish...

OrangeSir

Edit: sorry Barndoor was faster - should read to the last post before posting... Still it's not so much about the price itself but the stated original price...

The Price shown for NiceHCK cables is what they regularly charge for them. Which is why you always wait for their sales and special offers (usually coupons). Unlike some AliExpress stores that list prices for items that they have never sold for. If you don't believe me, feel free to wait until they come off special and pay the full price.:rolling_eyes:

An app that graphs prices over time also helps.

Feb 11, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #8,110 of 9,225
I'm set up for 2.5mm balanced or 3.5mm SE. :triportsad:

The Price shown for NiceHCK cables is what they regularly charge for them. Which is why you always wait for their sales and special offers (usually coupons). Unlike some AliExpress stores that list prices for items that they have never sold for. If you don't believe me, feel free to wait until they come off special and pay the full price.:rolling_eyes:

An app that graphs prices over time also helps.
My post did not refer to yours in suggesting not to trust you but to distrust the different sellers on Ali.

I do buy quite a lot via Ali and encountered a lot of dubious sellers there (though always receiving the items bought even from those). I therefore do not trust the displayed discounts anymore and always try to have a look on all offers of a certain product before pushing the button. That is easily done when buying a certain better known brand, but almost impossible to compare - especially for cables - when it comes down to 'house brands' like NiceHCK, Xinhs, the offers of the Luna store etc. as they all use the same wires in the end though there are myriads of variations of them....

Which app do you use for following developments on prices?

Feb 11, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #8,111 of 9,225
My post did not refer to yours in suggesting not to trust you but to distrust the different sellers on Ali.

I do buy quite a lot via Ali and encountered a lot of dubious sellers there (though always receiving the items bought even from those). I therefore do not trust the displayed discounts anymore and always try to have a look on all offers of a certain product before pushing the button. That is easily done when buying a certain better known brand, but almost impossible to compare - especially for cables - when it comes down to 'house brands' like NiceHCK, Xinhs, the offers of the Luna store etc. as they all use the same wires in the end though there are myriads of variations of them....

Which app do you use for following developments on prices?

I was probably a bit snappy replying as well, so apologies there (I was already a bit wound up after seeing some trolling on another thread).

Recent shipping delays often overrun the 75 day point where they are automatically recorded as delivered. I avoid slow untracked shipping for that reason. Only had a couple of things every fail to show up at all.

Alitools is what I'm using. Gives a better rating system based on more than just feedback rating. Better breakdown of seller reliability, although it gives low ratings for stores that have rebranded, or boutique stores with few sales. Graphs give a good indication of price over time. So you can see how good prices have been in previous sales as well as whether high quoted prices are consistent or just a brief spike to play with statistics. Always check the "Best Selling" Tab on AliExpress pages too. If a seller has sold 200 rubber bands or some other really cheap item, then one each of a number of expensive items with 100% feedback, then avoid like the plague. Read reviews and be very suspicious if there aren't any yet or they are very perfunctory. When you're buying from AliExpress, treat it as much an exercise in forensic accounting as browsing in a catalogue.

Buying from bigger known retailers and manufacturers official sites is usually safer. Given how convoluted the OEM manufacturers and supply chain is, there are some other good and less obvious sources. eg. IKKO Lot Store. Sometimes I suspect I'm spending as much time looking up info on products and suppliers, than I spend listening to music!:rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #8,113 of 9,225
Looks like thick one, looks more premium.
NiceHCK is now offering this new cable called the "BlackSoul". The design looks really cool so I am tempted to buy it.

Let#s hope that this rare earth mystery materials sound good.
What the h_ll is the cable materials 😂

Screenshot_20230213-135244.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back