Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 17, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #8,133 of 9,243
Same here, with Advar sounding less prominent in the mids and highs and more enjoyable with a XINHS copper cable vs. a Penon silver plated one.
I'm really happy with the Advar as it is now. So imagine my surprise it's mentioned nowhere on ASR. Anyway. I'll probably not buy a new cable for my Audeze LCD-2 closed back. I did an extensive test back and forth between the Advar and the LCD2. There are obvious differences, but not so much in the highs. So changing to a silver plated one to emphasize the highs is no priority for me anymore.

Feb 17, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #8,135 of 9,243
New cable from Hidizs, like the design and angled 2pin connections.

29.99$

Screenshot_20230217-161324.png
Screenshot_20230217-161313.png

https://www.hidizs.net/products/bl4...EMAIL_ID]&mc_cid=9631745107&mc_eid=263a445a81

https://mailchi.mp/hidizs/upgrade-y...alanced-cable-limited-time-offer?e=86973824f5

Feb 17, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #8,136 of 9,243
The ISN S16 arrived today. The sound was surprising at first since it enhanced the treble and the clarity. I ended up changing my EQ settings for this new cable.

It is very soft and has no microphonics. Resolution is very high, even higher then a pure silver cable. Basically the entire frequency spectrum gets more clean with this cable. That would be my first impression.

Feb 17, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #8,137 of 9,243
Been testing the NiceHCK Silverloong

Actually a great one for 49$ with coupon, from my test it seems similar to the White Crane in sound. Perhaps a little more detail than the white crane. Also have a different look with the litz braid, aggressive ear guide that I have removed.

Very comfortable and soft, enough weight to keep it tucked around the ears without the guide.

Got it trough the lucky bag of 20$ from NiceHCK, I have nothing complain about. Great outcome for 20$.

Https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLOKEN0

-959890055-1328743935.jpg

Feb 19, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #8,138 of 9,243
Wanted to plug the DUW-01. I believe this is a new release from Dunu (or update). The cable is incredibly light and well behaved. It is also well built so I have no concerned about long term durability. My favorite aspect is that the ear guides (shrink wrap, etc. whatever you want to call it) are almost perfectly cylindrical (you don't feel the ridges of the cable beneath) which makes them incredibly comfortable to wear. The ear guides also curl around tightly which makes them incredibly comfortable to wear with any IEMs that have a slightly more awkward fit. I switched to using these with my Monarch MkIIs and it basically eliminated fatigue from longer wearing sessions (3+ hours). Awesome for $60:
https://www.dunu-topsound.com/product-page/duw-01

The only gripe I have is that the right connector is marked with red accents but on the left they're clear and they're basically invisible against the gunmetal of the connector. This effectively makes it look like the right connector has an accent but the left doesn't. IMO Dunu should either make the left blue or make both accents clear in the future and just label L vs R. Aside from this minor cosmetic issue this is otherwise the perfect cable for me.

Feb 21, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #8,141 of 9,243
XINHS 8 core 5N single crystal copper plated with silver Purple XINHS Ali
Soft and memoryless. The seller added a quite big case. $10 when I was buying now about $12. It looks nice and feels nice.
wu.jpg
Is there a way to measure its resistance ? It looks nice and the price even nicer .. but i am concerned more with resistance as my iem is very sensitive to these things !

Feb 21, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #8,142 of 9,243
Hey new to the cable game here, just a quick question before moving any deeper. Does more strands/cores = better? Or would an 8 core copper changed over to 4 core silver improve sound by some degree?

Looking to change the heavier 8 core copper cable of the Tri i3 Pro to something a little more appropriate for running, maybe even a fabric type.

Sorry for the language, haven't learnt cable talk yet.

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #8,143 of 9,243
Hey new to the cable game here, just a quick question before moving any deeper. Does more strands/cores = better? Or would an 8 core copper changed over to 4 core silver improve sound by some degree?

Looking to change the heavier 8 core copper cable of the Tri i3 Pro to something a little more appropriate for running, maybe even a fabric type.

i believe that no. of core is not as important as the no. of strands and quality and thickness of the conductor material .. in your case i think the most important are : the weight of the cable , durability and insulation material

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #8,144 of 9,243
Is there a way to measure its resistance ? It looks nice and the price even nicer .. but i am concerned more with resistance as my iem is very sensitive to these things !
Your measurement service :)

Nice indeed. XINHS do very good cables, offering some at very good prices, and the case!
Never measured poorly so far (12+ of them).
No affiliation with them, just happy to share positive experience.

This purple cable is better than 0.3 Ohm for a single value - very good; my 2.5 balanced cables measures 0.3, 0.15, 0.3, 0.15 Ohm +/- (ca. 0.03-0.04 Ohm).
Sillver-coloured wires, being thicker, measure better than the purple ones.

It all depends on thickness of individual wires/strands. The thicker 8-cores usually measure best in conductivity, if you are after that.
For the comfort and most flexible fit, I personally prefer 16-cores and 24-cores (now mostly phased out, they did not get popular, being quite similar to 16-cores in thickness and not better in resistance).

If you plan to order from Xinhs or Nicehck - they all will be good, just optimize by sale values and your colour preference - never underestimate psychoacoustics of good aesthetics for ultimate audiophile satisfaction :wink:

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #8,145 of 9,243

Number of cores alone makes little difference to the sound. For a well made cable, the materials matter a lot more. For your first cable, stick to the brands that are continually mentioned in this thread: Xinhs, NiceHCK (sale prices only!), etc.

The three most common cable types are copper, silver plated copper, and silver. Don’t expect huge differences, but they do affect the sound: Copper has a warmer feel, with a little more bass. Silver leans towards treble and crisp details. Silver plated copper is somewhere between. The “correct” choice depends on the IEM, source of music, and your taste.

Do be careful to match the connectors to the IEMs and source you are using. It’s too easy to accidentally choose something you can’t use. Feel free to double check here to be sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back