Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 21, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #8,146 of 9,243
Your measurement service :)

Nice indeed. XINHS do very good cables, offering some at very good prices, and the case!
Never measured poorly so far (12+ of them).
No affiliation with them, just happy to share positive experience.

This purple cable is better than 0.3 Ohm for a single value - very good; my 2.5 balanced cables measures 0.3, 0.15, 0.3, 0.15 Ohm +/- (ca. 0.03-0.04 Ohm).
Sillver-coloured wires, being thicker, measure better than the purple ones.

It all depends on thickness of individual wires/strands. The thicker 8-cores usually measure best in conductivity, if you are after that.
For the comfort and most flexible fit, I personally prefer 16-cores and 24-cores (now mostly phased out, they did not get popular, being quite similar to 16-cores in thickness and not better in resistance).

If you plan to order from Xinhs or Nicehck - they all will be good, just optimize by sale values and your colour preference - never underestimate psychoacoustics of good aesthetics for ultimate audiophile satisfaction :wink:
can't thank you enough ... much appreciated :beerchug:

Feb 21, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #8,147 of 9,243
Feb 21, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #8,148 of 9,243
Mogami, Canare, Belden and Gotham cables in my opinion are the best or among the best. They’re affordable , made in Japan, USA and Switzerland and have already been proven to be top notch. Popular in the pro industry where experts with golden ears rely on them. Plus those cable companies actually publish their specs. There is no mystery magic. Just proper design.

Feb 22, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #8,149 of 9,243
Been buying many cables from ISN, Penon, NiceHCK, Tripowin, XINHS and probably some more I don't remember now.

The hype some says about XINHS is real, before I have mostly bought the cheaper ones from XINHS and NICEHCK. And sticked to Penon and ISN for cables at $50 and upwards.

The 4 Core Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated wire is at the same amount of quality and sound as the Penon OS849. Not saying the Penon is overpriced, but for that amount they should include modular connections. IMO the XINHS is perhaps under-priced here.

It's thick, but soft to the feel, the weight is just right so it's not to heavy or light. And as always XINHS is very helpful if you have custom inquiry. My last order were 30cm longer for my desktop for no extra cost.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrjwTtu
PXL_20230222_051732570~2.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #8,150 of 9,243
Ok, so over on the TWS thread it's a real pain when people don't read the previous pages and just ask people for help willy-nilly. But daddy is tired and needs help so I'm going to shoot for it anyway.

So at current, on my Tri 13 Pro I'm using the following stock
stock: High-purity 8-core 5N OFC cable

If you guys and gals don't mind giving your opinions, I'm looking at the below. Weight being the main factor but also don't want a backwards step in SQ and a forward step wouldn't hurt either.

- GUCraftsman 5N OFC Silver Plating+Graphene 8 strands, 18 cores (Possible connector issue)
- Penon OS133 Soundfield OFC Silver-plated (2 shares, single share is 133 cores, a total of 266 cores (WOW THATS ALOTTA CORES))
- XINHS 2 Core Silver Plated 4 Core (Number of Cores 19*0.08*2cores) - ? Don't know what any of that means, lots of different core action going on here, just a copy and paste from the page.

I'm probably leaning towards the XINHS for the lightweight design but the Penon has a nice nylon but seems like it would be heavier.

If the XINHS would be a downgrade in SQ vs the current stock cable then I'd ditch it and go with Penon unless someone here has some deep thoughts on the GUCraftsman.

Feb 22, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #8,151 of 9,243
Ok, so over on the TWS thread it's a real pain when people don't read the previous pages and just ask people for help willy-nilly. But daddy is tired and needs help so I'm going to shoot for it anyway.

If you guys and gals don't mind giving your opinions, I'm looking at the below. Weight being the main factor but also don't want a backwards step in SQ and a forward step wouldn't hurt either.

- GUCraftsman 5N OFC Silver Plating+Graphene 8 strands, 18 cores (Possible connector issue)
- Penon OS133 Soundfield OFC Silver-plated (2 shares, single share is 133 cores, a total of 266 cores (WOW THATS ALOTTA CORES))
- XINHS 2 Core Silver Plated 4 Core (Number of Cores 19*0.08*2cores) - ? Don't know what any of that means, lots of different core action going on here, just a copy and paste from the page.

I'm probably leaning towards the XINHS for the lightweight design but the Penon has a nice nylon but seems like it would be heavier.

If the XINHS would be a downgrade in SQ vs the current stock cable then I'd ditch it and go with Penon unless someone here has some deep thoughts on the GUCraftsman.
That OS133 is great, it's fabric. But still flexible and not microphonic. It's also on the lighter side.

The Xinhs is also great, but I prefer the one I linked above as it's thicker but at the same time softer.

Go for what you like design wise, or if you prefer pvc over fabric.
Have the penon connected here on my work IEM.

PXL_20230221_135226548.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #8,152 of 9,243
That OS133 is great, it's fabric. But still very soft and not microphonic. It's also on the lighter side.

The Xinhs is also great, but I prefer the one I linked above as it's thicker but at the same time softer.

Go for what you like design wise, or if you prefer pvc over fabric.
Have the penon connected here on my work IEM.

Lol i'll probably get both. It's for running so the Penon connector heads seem like they add extra weight but Dsnutz didn't seem to think so in his review.

In your guestimation would the XINHS I listed be a backwards move in the SQ department from the bigger thicker Copper currently in use? Otherwise the one you listed might be a sweet spot.

Feb 22, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #8,153 of 9,243

Still using the stock cable on mine, sounds fine and I like the look of dark copper.:L3000:

Feb 22, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #8,154 of 9,243
Still using the stock cable on mine, sounds fine and I like the look of dark copper.:L3000:
Cable is fine for at home, but I would probably add a clip or something to it if I was going to keep it for sports.

Feb 22, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #8,155 of 9,243
As @ Carpet says, the stock cable is probably good enough. I doubt you will notice any major difference from stock cable. As for running, PVC for sure due to sweat😉

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #8,156 of 9,243

I have the OS133 and that Xinhs cable: As others have said, the OS133 is a great cable with no faults at all. That Xinhs is also good, but it definitely adds some bass. Whether that is good or bad is up to you!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #8,157 of 9,243
And there another of the https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrjwTtu is ordered with KZQDC connection for my incoming Aûr Audio Neon Pro.
While sound comes first, I love the look of the cable. Could have wished for more premium splitter or jacks but then price ramps up. Still a good compromise.

Anyone here tested the japanese BIGMANGO cables?
Seems like lower end cables similar to NICEHCK and XINHS. Like the color and also the splitter and jack.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0...&qid=1675433370&sprefix=wagnu,aps,210&sr=8-48

Feb 22, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #8,158 of 9,243
And there another of the https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrjwTtu is ordered with KZQDC connection for my incoming Aûr Audio Neon Pro.
While sound comes first, I love the look of the cable. Could have wished for more premium splitter or jacks but then price ramps up. Still a good compromise.

Seems like lower end cables similar to NICEHCK and XINHS. Like the color and also the splitter and jack.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0BGGG3QDG/ref=sr_1_48?crid=1AV7STIOO72AY&keywords=ワグナス&qid=1675433370&sprefix=wagnu,aps,210&sr=8-48
Sure we need QDC on the Neon Pro?

The BigMango has nice looks, never heard of them before...

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #8,159 of 9,243

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0BGGG3QDG/ref=sr_1_48?crid=1AV7STIOO72AY&keywords=ワグナス&qid=1675433370&sprefix=wagnu,aps,210&sr=8-48
You might want to check the polarity on the KZQDC cable and the stock Aur Audio cable and see if the polarity is correct.

Feb 23, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #8,160 of 9,243
Thanks guys, the Aür uses normal polarity. Researched it beforehand, when looking at the Xinhs listing. He has the QDC option and the new KZQDC, QDC is reversed while the KZ normal. We must thanks AmericanSpirit as he complained that XINHS only had QDC option before.

No need to use QDC type angled connector's with Aür, I only want one for more secure fit👍 I might even have to mod some of the cap to get the pins deeper.

Sure we need QDC on the Neon Pro?

The BigMango has nice looks, never heard of them before...

You might want to check the polarity on the KZQDC cable and the stock Aur Audio cable and see if the polarity is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back