Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jul 22, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #6,661 of 9,243
JCally JC16S 5N 16core - 0.49ohm. Can be gotten for less than $10 on shopee. Nice looking cable, silver with red and blue streaks and unique transparent 2pin connector, but unfortunately impedance is high.
I was intending to get the one with microphone and accidentally chose the one without. At least we can see the impedance is likely due to the cable rather than the microphone.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002904759087.html
20210722_142519.jpg

20210722_142542.jpg

JCally JC08S 5N 8 core with mic - 1.01ohm on the side without the mic, 0.65ohm on the side with mic. Very generic looking cable. I guess JCally impedance is not consistent across their products.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001670034037.html
20210722_142649.jpg

also got my 2nd hakugei orange with the proper angled QDC connector, but the supplier got the polarity wrong again...
Impedance isn't as crazy as my first unit, now at 0.11ohm.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002721712989.html

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #6,662 of 9,243
Ok guys here's my quick take on a few cables I bought from Lunashops mainly for my 6xx.
First I bought the 16 core mix copper/silver cable. Next I bought the 8 core solid gold cable, and finally I bought the 16 core silver plated cable. All in 1.6m.
So after some major listening sessions. I highly recommend the 16 core mix copper/silver. It's a perfect match for the 6xx, it's completely balanced sounding and it really clears up the small "Veil" sound of the Senns. Most noticed is the mid-bass hump is smoothed out, it just sounds more detailed from top to bottom.
The 8 core is a close second, it just is a tad thicker sounding, if that makes sense? Just a tad behind the 16 core mix, not as clear sounding.
Last is the 16 core silver plated. Silver is known for being "Brighter", Not this one, it actually makes the 6xx darker and even more "veiled" it's weird because I was expecting the total opposite.

The 16 core mix is the most expensive here running about $52 bucks, the 8 core was about $31 and the silver I got on sale for $23. All three are the standard Lunashop build, Really top notch. If you're on a budget you'd be okay with any of these really. Even the silver tho not my favorite, is still better then the stock Sennheiser cable.

Second thought tho is the 8 core gold is killer on the 58x, it make that can shine, it removes the small grain in the mid section, Don't know how but it just works here.

Wanted to add, the copper/silver mix is the original cable, they now are selling a mix that is red, white & blue, Never tried it so!!!

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #6,663 of 9,243
Ok guys here's my quick take on a few cables I bought from Lunashops mainly for my 6xx.
First I bought the 16 core mix copper/silver cable. Next I bought the 8 core solid gold cable, and finally I bought the 16 core silver plated cable. All in 1.6m.
So after some major listening sessions. I highly recommend the 16 core mix copper/silver. It's a perfect match for the 6xx, it's completely balanced sounding and it really clears up the small "Veil" sound of the Senns. Most noticed is the mid-bass hump is smoothed out, it just sounds more detailed from top to bottom.
The 8 core is a close second, it just is a tad thicker sounding, if that makes sense? Just a tad behind the 16 core mix, not as clear sounding.
Last is the 16 core silver plated. Silver is known for being "Brighter", Not this one, it actually makes the 6xx darker and even more "veiled" it's weird because I was expecting the total opposite.

The 16 core mix is the most expensive here running about $52 bucks, the 8 core was about $31 and the silver I got on sale for $23. All three are the standard Lunashop build, Really top notch. If you're on a budget you'd be okay with any of these really. Even the silver tho not my favorite, is still better then the stock Sennheiser cable.

Second thought tho is the 8 core gold is killer on the 58x, it make that can shine, it removes the small grain in the mid section, Don't know how but it just works here.

Wanted to add, the copper/silver mix is the original cable, they now are selling a mix that is red, white & blue, Never tried it so!!!
Do they offer a custom length and connector?
I want a shorter cable with mini xlr,

Jul 22, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #6,664 of 9,243
Jul 22, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #6,665 of 9,243

Silver plated has less silver content than the silver copper mix though, so it should be in line with your impressions

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #6,666 of 9,243

I recently got the Luna 8 core silver plate occ for my Sundara. Its muffled and way bass-y. Somethings not right. I suspect a bad solder. It's tight in there. I'll look into it in a day or 2. And im not impressed with the plugs either, but they seem about equal to others.

Jul 22, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #6,667 of 9,243
I recently got the Luna 8 core silver plate occ for my Sundara. Its muffled and way bass-y. Somethings not right. I suspect a bad solder. It's tight in there. I'll look into it in a day or 2. And im not impressed with the plugs either, but they seem about equal to others.
I thought I was the only one who thought the silver plate sounded weird, maybe a bad plating process on their end? The mix cables sound fabulous. strange!
You're right on the bass, I didn't mention it in my quick review but yeah, it's way over done. and very mid-bass forward. Too much for the already hump in the Senn 6xx/650.
I do have a solid silver cable from 123 audio, that sounds great but it's too short for my needs and thin too. like maybe 1 1/2 mm-2 max.

Jul 22, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #6,668 of 9,243
I thought I was the only one who thought the silver plate sounded weird, maybe a bad plating process on their end? The mix cables sound fabulous. strange!
You're right on the bass, I didn't mention it in my quick review but yeah, it's way over done. and very mid-bass forward. Too much for the already hump in the Senn 6xx/650.
I do have a solid silver cable from 123 audio, that sounds great but it's too short for my needs and thin too. like maybe 1 1/2 mm-2 max.
A bad plating should still not sound muffled as the main core(s) would theoretically be intact. I think @Lowebyrrd 's guess could be right

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #6,669 of 9,243
A bad plating should still not sound muffled as the main core(s) would theoretically be intact. I think @Lowebyrrd 's guess could be right
So I pulled out my loupe and took a look at the soldering. Uhm.... As I suspected these 3.5mm plugs are crap. Looks impossible to solder without melting plastic into it. Seriously bad joints. I have an upgrade set of 3.5's and a 6.35mm. Got some work to do.

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #6,671 of 9,243
Also bought these two new cables from XINHS, really digging the UPOCC one, it is quite a bargain very balanced sound and very good separation without cutting any treble. Using it with the AST. The other one is ok and can be easily mistaken as a Gold Plated Copper / Silver Plated Copper mix due to the colour but it is actually just a silver plated copper cable and I am using it with ZAS.

UPOCC 1.jpeg
UPOCC 2.jpeg
SPC 1.jpegSPC 2.jpeg

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #6,672 of 9,243

NiceHCK C4-2 Cable 5N Silver Plated Copper and Copper-Silver Alloy Mixed​

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001131598470.html
NiceHCK-C4-2-Cable-5N-Silver-Plated-Copper-and-Copper-Silver-Alloy-Mixed-3-5-2.jpg

Ok, most expensive cable in a long while...got it on sale at around $60. A pretty thick and stiff cable, like memory wire, but its an absolutely beautiful looking gold
Measured impedance as 0.08ohm (0.14ohm-0.06ohm). That is really low. Tried all 4 channels just in case, all in the range of 0.07ohm to 0.09ohm. Guess this means the internal soldering is pretty consistent?

From the pictures online I thought it was like a golden whitecrane, but probably it feels different. The feel reminds me of the XinHS gunmetal 7N SPC cable, but slightly more stiff. Wait for NiceHck sale or the XinHS variant if it comes out. All I can say is, this is a pretty cable, though the weight may bother me after a while.
20210723_194611.jpg

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #6,673 of 9,243

NiceHCK C4-2 Cable 5N Silver Plated Copper and Copper-Silver Alloy Mixed​

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001131598470.html
NiceHCK-C4-2-Cable-5N-Silver-Plated-Copper-and-Copper-Silver-Alloy-Mixed-3-5-2.jpg

Ok, most expensive cable in a long while...got it on sale at around $60. A pretty thick and stiff cable, like memory wire, but its an absolutely beautiful looking gold
Measured impedance as 0.08ohm (0.14ohm-0.06ohm). That is really low. Tried all 4 channels just in case, all in the range of 0.07ohm to 0.09ohm. Guess this means the internal soldering is pretty consistent?

From the pictures online I thought it was like a golden whitecrane, but probably it feels different. The feel reminds me of the XinHS gunmetal 7N SPC cable, but slightly more stiff. Wait for NiceHck sale or the XinHS variant if it comes out. All I can say is, this is a pretty cable, though the weight may bother me after a while.
20210723_194611.jpg
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.7.f437536ccLW0T6
This one seems to have the same internals and costs less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back