Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Apr 8, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #5,986 of 9,185
Thanks for sharing, other than using an Android phone versus the Iphone of yours, my requirements are basically similar to yours.
I was hoping to hear some good news from you on the Blackwheat cable.. lol... But it is what it is i guess...
I'm thinking of trying to get the similar black JCally cable w/mic but with a Type C connector, hopefully the mic works on my laptop.
I just received my BlackWheat. I can confirm that the mic works on my Zenfone 6 and my laptop.

Apr 8, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #5,987 of 9,185
I am one of those who believe in cable-rolling and I am certain that cables do affect the sound so I actually have bought around 30 cables so far.

Here are the pictures of what I have bought from XINHS:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001797472128.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.41.5b0d4cbb5YR2mh
Gold plated copper - interesting for me as I have silver-plated-copper-gold-plated copper mix and also silver-plated-copper-gold-plated-copper-copper mix

The gold-plated copper is my least favorite among the three cables I have bought. It gives powerful low end but doesn't smooth out the treble enough despite being gold-plate copper thou it is still a good cable overall but the FAAEAL is better to my ears with less bass but smoother highs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002036919544.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.17.5b0d4cbb5YR2mh
This one is silver-plated copper - I asked the seller they actually listed several cables with the same spec but different price there, they also have one with black skin

This is my favorite cable out of the bunch. The sound is very balanced and the treble is really smooth. I am really digging this one. This one also gives the most reverberation and thus has the largest soundstage, really highly recommend this one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002091739835.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.27.5b0d4cbb5YR2mh
This one I think is copper only - should be quite interesting - the colour combination is too ugly and luckily the seller told me I can customize my own colour combo and of coz I order all black.

This one is interesting. The mids standout more than the rest of the frequencies as if it is made for vocal. Vocal is more forward and more energetic. Treble is smooth and there is no boosted bass. I am liking this one too.
I bought another beige cable with mmcx connectors. These mmcx connectors are of great quality IMO.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002036919544.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.17.5b0d4cbb5YR2mh

I also bought one of these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001796996285.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.35.33d24cbb8MVY5f
So far only tried the cable with my new custom IEM (which is a relatively dark sounding IEM with average stage but good separation, strong but not deep bass and moderate treble extension) but the result was average and then I tried wit the NFAudio NM2+ (which I have already given it up as I found the CKX to be better). I am really surprised by the result. I found the NM2+ to be too "fast" and "tight" sounding which could be exhausting but this cable really livens up the NM2+. Bass is still strong but "slower" and more relaxing, stage is enhanced and the sound is more vivid now.
White 4 core.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #5,988 of 9,185
I bought another beige cable with mmcx connectors. These mmcx connectors are of great quality IMO.

I also bought one of these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001796996285.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.35.33d24cbb8MVY5f
So far only tried the cable with my new custom IEM (which is a relatively dark sounding IEM with average stage but good separation, strong but not deep bass and moderate treble extension) but the result was average and then I tried wit the NFAudio NM2+ (which I have already given it up as I found the CKX to be better). I am really surprised by the result. I found the NM2+ to be too "fast" and "tight" sounding which could be exhausting but this cable really livens up the NM2+. Bass is still strong but "slower" and more relaxing, stage is enhanced and the sound is more vivid now.
Just briefly tried the beige cable with the NM2+. If you don't need a more punchy bass and prefer a smoother treble with more sparkle and perhaps more treble extension, I would recommend the beige cable again which is also cheaper. The thick white cable above is less exciting due to the relatively less sparkle but there is more note weight and also more coherent sounding, stage/separation is also slightly bigger/better. Will sure listen more with these cables and update my impressions.

So far I think the beige cable is hard to beat. The thick white cable is also pretty good just a matter of preference I guess so I bought both anyway.

Edit: I am like discovering new things everyday, the CKX seems doesn't scale as much as the NM2+ with better cables.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #5,989 of 9,185
@RikudouGoku
hello, is there a cable like the Tri through ?
I love a thick 4 core silver cable,

Apr 9, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #5,990 of 9,185
Apr 13, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #5,992 of 9,185
Took unusually long to receive, but here's the TRN T2:

I might have just been converted to "16-core supremacy." I love how soft and supple it is. Only bummer is the useless chin slider (exaggeration, it works but is loose) and awkwardly-shaped earhooks (not an exaggeration). But for the price I paid at less than 3.50 USD, I definitely can't complain.

Can anyone confirm if it's the same as the old Nicehck 16-core cable?

TRN T2 and BQEYZ Summer cable:
IMG20210413123804.jpg

IMG20210413124250.jpg

Man, I just don't know. Been going back and forth with the two cables. Both are SPC, but the T2 is "high purity copper" while the Summer is "single crystal copper." The difference is just so noticeable to not write about.

Summer on stock cable - bass response would have been good if not for the decay speed. Midrange, particularly lower is recessed. Upper midrange meanwhile is too relaxed and thus lacks presence in some tracks. Treble's tuned too safely and lacks air.

Summer on TRN T2 - bass is tighter by a notch with faster decay. Mid-bass seems to have been tamed resulting in more vocal (male and female) and treble presence. Bass is a touch deeper. Finally some rumble!!!

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #5,993 of 9,185
1618319458139.png

Got these last night aka white crane from niceHCK bought from XinHS. These cables are excellent. It is clearly bang for buck cable. I know it is a bit more spendy at $62 or so but these are clearly playing at a higher level cable wise. More expansive stage. Sounds like a higher end copper cable to my ears and the silver plating helps with detail. Worth the extra bucks to get this quality. I see how NiceHCK sells these for $112
1618319636738.png

At half the price these are a deal and a half I cant argue that they are worth over $100 but why pay that much when you can spend half and get the same cable.
These cables works excellent with all BA or hybrid phones. Excellent dynamics, enhanced stage and detail from this cable. Highly recommend if you guys want a step up from budget level cables that is clearly a step up.

Apr 13, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #5,994 of 9,185

Got these last night aka white crane from niceHCK bought from XinHS. These cables are excellent. It is clearly bang for buck cable. I know it is a bit more spendy at $62 or so but these are clearly playing at a higher level cable wise. More expansive stage. Sounds like a higher end copper cable to my ears and the silver plating helps with detail. Worth the extra bucks to get this quality. I see how NiceHCK sells these for $112

At half the price these are a deal and a half I cant argue that they are worth over $100 but why pay that much when you can spend half and get the same cable.
These cables works excellent with all BA or hybrid phones. Excellent dynamics, enhanced stage and detail from this cable. Highly recommend if you guys want a step up from budget level cables that is clearly a step up.
is it better than the tri through ?

Apr 13, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #5,996 of 9,185
1618319458139.png

1618319636738.png

Thanks for the post as I bought it on the 3-28 sale. IIRC, there are 3 listings for the same cable, all with slightly different prices and on 3-28, only one was eligible for the $3 off of $30 promotion.

Apr 13, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #5,997 of 9,185
Took unusually long to receive, but here's the TRN T2:

I might have just been converted to "16-core supremacy." I love how soft and supple it is. Only bummer is the useless chin slider (exaggeration, it works but is loose) and awkwardly-shaped earhooks (not an exaggeration). But for the price I paid at less than 3.50 USD, I definitely can't complain.

Can anyone confirm if it's the same as the old Nicehck 16-core cable?

TRN T2 and BQEYZ Summer cable:

Man, I just don't know. Been going back and forth with the two cables. Both are SPC, but the T2 is "high purity copper" while the Summer is "single crystal copper." The difference is just so noticeable to not write about.

Summer on stock cable - bass transient would have been good if not for the decay speed. Midrange, particularly lower is recessed. Upper midrange meanwhile is too relaxed and thus lacks presence in some tracks. Treble's tuned too safely and lacks air.

Summer on TRN T2 - bass is tighter by a notch with faster decay. Mid-bass seems to have been tamed resulting in more vocal (male and female) and treble presence. Bass is a touch deeper. Finally some rumble!!!
Welcome to another rabbit hole. The old NiceHCK 16 core certainly looks similar and if you can find the strand count, might match up. I bought more of the grey T2 cables as that color was unique to TRN. The difference is the ear hooks, no hooks on the old NIceHCK 16 cores.

Keep an eye out for a deal on the pure silvers, LitzPS or Limpid. Those would be nice to try against your T2 and stock cables. The 4 core silvers are thin compared to a 16 core, with just 10 strands of silver per core.

Apr 13, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #5,999 of 9,185
1618319458139.png

1618319636738.png

do you have a link to this cable on aliexpress?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back