Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 3, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #5,191 of 9,211
IEMs (transducers) and sources are (and should be) the primary components of your sound and music enjoyment.
Agreed. Cables should basically not get in the way of the signal, unless there is some special effect desired by the listener. For example, copper would not impact low frequencies as much as silver, resulting in perception of a warmer sound. So would it be accurate to say that some metals mask, for lack of a better word, some part of the frequency spectrum more than others?

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #5,192 of 9,211
Agreed. Cables should basically not get in the way of the signal, unless there is some special effect desired by the listener. For example, copper would not impact low frequencies as much as silver, resulting in perception of a warmer sound. So would it be accurate to say that some metals mask, for lack of a better word, some part of the frequency spectrum more that others?
There are no any research data on the material impact on the spectra (some effects are there only at 100 kHz and higher).
If someone can distinguish copper and silver, and especially copper and spc in real blind tests or show the measurable difference with their rigs (and rigs are very sensitive now) - I will be very surprised.
So until proven - it is all myths and imagination, and I love this part with the cables (!), I just can imagine that my blue cables are super best, and they are! It works for me. (Note that it is my personal and non-expensive myth))

Nov 4, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #5,194 of 9,211
Small typo there. It's more like 100 megahertz.
With the skin depth being ca. 0.5 mm at 1 MHz and renownedly sensitive golden ears of trained seasoned audiophiles, I felt safer to claim just 100 kHz (rare DAP/DACs go past 90 kHz and rare transducers are rated past 50 kHz). :)

Nov 4, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #5,195 of 9,211
It is a lighter cable for one. A thinner 4 core, I know some folks like to have their cables light and thinner and these are thinner. Not as thick as the UPOCC cable your mentioning. Tonality is similar, UPOCC is higher quality all around but these are extremely good for the little price they are charging for them. Even cheaper I am certain during singles day.

I can tell the material they are using for these cables are actually solid quality. You can't expect Ultra quality but I do own the ISN C4 cables which are very similar in material and sound characteristics but these new LITZOCCs are 1/4th the cost of those. In fact I am gonna do a head to head will be back with some results.
ANy update on your head-to-head? I am thinking about these. Hmmmm. Any chanc eyou have a Moondrop Starfield? I have been using that cable on some other IEMS, and I am curious as to how the NiceHCK LITZOCC sounds against the Moondrop cable.

Nov 4, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #5,196 of 9,211
ANy update on your head-to-head? I am thinking about these. Hmmmm. Any chanc eyou have a Moondrop Starfield? I have been using that cable on some other IEMS, and I am curious as to how the NiceHCK LITZOCC sounds against the Moondrop cable.

The difference between the ISN C4 and the LitzOCC, C4 is a bit warmer sounding with a slight wider fuller stage but otherwise both are very similar in how they perform.

Both being pure copper. Crystal Copper vs the OCC. Differences between these cables are subtle but not a big gap in performance.

I do own the cable that came with the Moondrop Blessing 2 which is another 4 core copper variant. I can check both this evening will let you know how they are but I have a feeling the LITZOCC will be just as good.

I have been using it more with my NM2+ lately and really for a cheaper 4 cored copper cable these are a bargain. NM2+ has a lot of upper mids emphasis and I feel copper cables matches up well with them and several other NF audio earphones. I do own a lot of much higher end copper cables and these LitzOCC cables easily just as good.

Nov 4, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #5,198 of 9,211
Anyone have experienced electric shocks using the "6N OCC Silver plating 26AWG MMCX" from CEMA Electro acousti Store ?

Yesterday, my ears started to get itchy where the mmcx connectors touch (close to the tragus). First I though I was getting some kind of allergy, so I was moving the iem around till i felt a pinch which seemed like a electro shock, change to the original it01s cable and it stopped.

Is this normal? There is any fix?

Never happened with the Fiio M9, only with the e10k connected to my laptop.

Nov 4, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #5,199 of 9,211
Stiffening of the cables is fairly common.
It happens because one of the main materials of the jackets is PVC (poly(vinyl cholide)), which is actually rigid polymer and requires plasticizers to be soft.
These plasticizers can be toxic, can smell and with time leach out leaving the cables stiff.
Not to mention that when burned, PVC generates HCl and chlorine and often becomes the main source of health damage in fires...
(Personally, I would ban (or severely limit) PVC use)

There are better materials, like TPE, I know some NiceHCK cables mention this material.

But PVC is definitely the cheapest...
So is perfectly viable to make disposable drinking bottles out of TPE... but it's too expensive for cable jackets all of the sudden?

Nov 4, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #5,200 of 9,211
Anyone have experienced electric shocks using the "6N OCC Silver plating 26AWG MMCX" from CEMA Electro acousti Store ?

Yesterday, my ears started to get itchy where the mmcx connectors touch (close to the tragus). First I though I was getting some kind of allergy, so I was moving the iem around till i felt a pinch which seemed like a electro shock, change to the original it01s cable and it stopped.

Is this normal? There is any fix?

Never happened with the Fiio M9, only with the e10k connected to my laptop.

Tried them again, seems that the electro schocks are also happening inside my ear.

Nov 4, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #5,201 of 9,211
So is perfectly viable to make disposable drinking bottles out of TPE... but it's too expensive for cable jackets all of the sudden?
TPE (thermoplastic elastomers), which are fairly expensive, and PET - poly(ethylene terephthalate), common rigid polymer in most polyester clothes and disposable water bottles - are different.

Nov 4, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #5,202 of 9,211
TPE (thermoplastic elastomers), which are fairly expensive, and PET - poly(ethylene terephthalate), common rigid polymer in most polyester clothes and disposable water bottles - are different.
Well then, I was about to correct myself with an edit but is too late now.

Also I wonder what causes some cables to be already rigid from the get go. I just bought some replacement mouse and it has the stiffest cable I've ever seen. So stiff even a month later still memorizes the out of the box bends. Did they use actual rubber for this or what for it to be this stiff?

Edit: Also the only time I was ever electro shocked by a cable is when the source was clearly not grounded. So I probably can't help there.

Edit 2: Is it wrong that I wanna find out what all my headgear old and new truly sounds like without ANY coloration from the source and/or output impedance? Then EQ later if I didn't like it? Like E1DA 9038S and JC ALLY JC04P?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #5,203 of 9,211
Well then, I was about to correct myself with an edit but is too late now.

Also I wonder what causes some cables to be already rigid from the get go. I just bought some replacement mouse and it has the stiffest cable I've ever seen. So stiff even a month later still memorizes the out of the box bends. Did they use actual rubber for this or what for it to be this stiff?

Edit: Also the only time I was ever electro shocked by a cable is when the source was clearly not grounded. So I probably can't help there.

Edit 2: Is it wrong that I wanna find out what all my headgear old and new truly sounds like without ANY coloration from the source and/or output impedance? Then EQ later if I didn't like it? Like E1DA 9038S and JC ALLY JC04P?
Stiffness/softness are intrinsic properties of polymers (determinef by glass transition, crystallization); most commercial polymers are rigid and need to be either plasticized (cheaper) or prepared differently (e.g. making copolymers).

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #5,204 of 9,211
Stiffness/softness are intrinsic properties of polymers (determinef by glass transition, crystallization); most commercial polymers are rigid and need to be either plasticized (cheaper) or prepared differently (e.g. making copolymers).
On a somewhat related note, has anyone ranked cables based on stiffness, both out of box and after it stops smelling? (Probably not the best time frame, but I clearly am no expert in this area).

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #5,205 of 9,211
Thanks for the reply!

1604539043599.png

Interesting that the starfield cable is a 4N OFC cable.

1604539158450.png

LitzOCC is 4N as well.

So I just went back n forth between my Moondrop blessing 2 cable which is a 6N litz OCC cable vs the LitzOCC shown above .
The sound between the two cables are pretty much the same. I would have a difficult time figuring out which cable is which. The stock Blessing 2 cable is actually a very nice 4 core OCC cable and supposedly a better purity than the LitzOCC shown above. The stock Blessing 2 cable is higher quality cable vs the Starfield 4N OFC cable by the way. Should be considering their cost. I am certain it is the same cable they include in their higher end S8 model as well.

I can't tell much of a difference at all between the two cables on my NM2+. That just means the LitzOCC is playing at that level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back