Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Aug 29, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #4,816 of 9,200
I've had a NiceHCK C4-1 fail on me after just one month. Sound was cutting out in the right channel when pressing the IEM's shell against my ear, so at first I thought it was just the tip bore getting closed inside my ear canal or the plug was losing contact in the mmcx socket somehow. But then I found that the problem was getting worse (most likely because I was fiddling with it). And now I only get sound back occasionally. I don't even know if it's bad solder or the cable is physically broken inside.
Well, you should determine the place which causes the problem. I had the wireless module from KZ in the past. What I see from your experience, is very similar to the one I had with this module. I didn't know if the cable got broken or the place where exactly soldering is. So, I made the volume full and started to bend carefully from each minor places until I found the place which was interrupting the signal. it was right at the end of the cable very close to the soldering place. For both situations, you need a good workmanship. If it's the cable you need to cut it really esthetically. If it's the soldering place maybeyyou should ask the producer how they made design there and cut it accordingly to fix it. I'm giving these ideas if you pay attention to the details and you want your cable looks nice. If not, then it's easier to fix it :-D

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #4,818 of 9,200
Well, you should determine the place which causes the problem. I had the wireless module from KZ in the past. What I see from your experience, is very similar to the one I had with this module. I didn't know if the cable got broken or the place where exactly soldering is. So, I made the volume full and started to bend carefully from each minor places until I found the place which was interrupting the signal. it was right at the end of the cable very close to the soldering place. For both situations, you need a good workmanship. If it's the cable you need to cut it really esthetically. If it's the soldering place maybeyyou should ask the producer how they made design there and cut it accordingly to fix it. I'm giving these ideas if you pay attention to the details and you want your cable looks nice. If not, then it's easier to fix it :-D
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I am unable to even pull the silver outer tubing from the mmcx plug to have a look inside. However, after some more fiddling, I think that it's the connector that's the issue. In certain positions it loses contact with the iem socket. But the problem is that even the most minute movement can break the circuit.

Aug 29, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #4,821 of 9,200
Unfortunately, by far it’s not the rate limiting factor, but I must applaud the NiceHCK AE stores. They seem to process and ship purchases extremely fast.

Aug 29, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #4,822 of 9,200
Amazon, U.S.: HiFiHear cable

Looks to be a 16 core, balanced (2.5 mm) to .75 mm 2-pin
$12.48 shipped, Prime

1598719662285.png

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #4,823 of 9,200
These are crazy good deal for the price. KBEARs version of the UPOCC Blocc cables for $50 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000352746675.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.21.39cb6db0YpUatm

This is my review of the BLOCC cables from NiceHCK since KBEAR uses the same OEM as NiceHCK I see some cables on their site being cheaper vs NiceHCK and visa versa. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ni...s?spm=a2g0s.imconversation.0.0.244a3e5fQCfRcx

I decided to pick up KBEAR's pure silver cable and their 4 core and 2 core version ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001107833007.html) of their cable you mentioned during the sale to determine if there was difference between as I did see a few conflicting item descriptions from other store fronts from their own listing. At least I don't mind having two different iterations of it. I'll report back in once they arrive and see if I can get a hold my friend's measurement rig as well.

Aug 30, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #4,824 of 9,200
Aug 31, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #4,825 of 9,200
anyone tried moondrop ssr stock cable? i got a friend who willing to sell it to me, but i cant tried it first ....and trying search the spec and it said silver plated litz ofc, so its basically spc cable?

actually i want pure silvercable and already eyeing for nicehck cable , but that ssr stock cable looks comfy

Aug 31, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #4,826 of 9,200
anyone tried moondrop ssr stock cable? i got a friend who willing to sell it to me, but i cant tried it first ....and trying search the spec and it said silver plated litz ofc, so its basically spc cable?

actually i want pure silvercable and already eyeing for nicehck cable , but that ssr stock cable looks comfy
The NiceHCK silver cable is comfy, and handles well, except for the chin slider, which is useless.

Aug 31, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #4,827 of 9,200
I have received another cable for review from Hifi Hear. Here are my thoughts:

The Hifi Hear 16 core cable comes neatly packed in a clear envelope, bound in a velcro cable tie. It has a fairly tight braid and an attractive alternating copper and silver colour. The 3.5 mm plug is metal with a carbon fibre effect, as are the 2-pin plugs and Y-split which has a chunky chin slider. (Balanced 2.5mm, 4.4mm and MMCX versions are also available). The silver-plated cable is very supple and the ear guides tightly curved but comfortable in use. The purity of the copper is not specified.
I tested the cable with three different earphones, the CCA CA16, BLON BL-05 and the TRN VX, which all have different signatures. The source used was an Xduoo X20 DAP.

The CCA CA16 has a neutral/balanced signature with a restrained treble (courtesy of no BA being placed in the nozzle) which is easy and relaxing to listen to. With the Hifi Hear cable the treble gained a little more presence and detail which helped the imaging and focus and produced an overall somewhat brighter tonality. The extra energy here also improved the soundstage. Additionally, there were gains in the sub-bass which carried more weight and power. The mids were largely unaffected.

The BLON BL-05 has a gentle V-shaped profile with a sub-bass emphasis, slightly recessed mids and a brightish treble with good detail. Fitted with the Hifi Hear cable, the mids became more forward with an increase in detail and delicacy and the soundstage became wider. Bass benefited from a little more focus, speed and definition. The treble was slightly brighter, resulting in a more balanced profile, with an overall bright tonality.

The TRN VX has a fast, accurate bass, clean mids and bright treble with excellent detail. Fitting the Hifi Hear cable seemed to smooth out the sound and endow the VX with a warmer timbre without losing detail or speed and the soundstage was widened. As with the CA16, the sub-bass gained extra weight and impact, while the overall sound profile was largely preserved. This was a very successful combination which addressed some of the concerns some have found with this IEM.

I have tested other Hifi Hear 16 core cables and have been impressed by the quality of construction and the sonic improvements on offer. I feel further increases in quality are available with this cable and it is possibly the best I have tried so far, bringing significant performance gains with a variety of earphones. Highly recommended.

IMG_20200830_195310.jpg

IMG_20200828_145840.jpg
IMG_20200828_145655.jpg

Aug 31, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #4,828 of 9,200
I have received another cable for review from Hifi Hear. Here are my thoughts:

The Hifi Hear 16 core cable comes neatly packed in a clear envelope, bound in a velcro cable tie. It has a fairly tight braid and an attractive alternating copper and silver colour. The 3.5 mm plug is metal with a carbon fibre effect, as are the 2-pin plugs and Y-split which has a chunky chin slider. (Balanced 2.5mm, 4.4mm and MMCX versions are also available). The silver-plated cable is very supple and the ear guides tightly curved but comfortable in use. The purity of the copper is not specified.
I tested the cable with three different earphones, the CCA CA16, BLON BL-05 and the TRN VX, which all have different signatures. The source used was an Xduoo X20 DAP.

The CCA CA16 has a neutral/balanced signature with a restrained treble (courtesy of no BA being placed in the nozzle) which is easy and relaxing to listen to. With the Hifi Hear cable the treble gained a little more presence and detail which helped the imaging and focus and produced an overall somewhat brighter tonality. The extra energy here also improved the soundstage. Additionally, there were gains in the sub-bass which carried more weight and power. The mids were largely unaffected.

The BLON BL-05 has a gentle V-shaped profile with a sub-bass emphasis, slightly recessed mids and a brightish treble with good detail. Fitted with the Hifi Hear cable, the mids became more forward with an increase in detail and delicacy and the soundstage became wider. Bass benefited from a little more focus, speed and definition. The treble was slightly brighter, resulting in a more balanced profile, with an overall bright tonality.

The TRN VX has a fast, accurate bass, clean mids and bright treble with excellent detail. Fitting the Hifi Hear cable seemed to smooth out the sound and endow the VX with a warmer timbre without losing detail or speed and the soundstage was widened. As with the CA16, the sub-bass gained extra weight and impact, while the overall sound profile was largely preserved. This was a very successful combination which addressed some of the concerns some have found with this IEM.

I have tested other Hifi Hear 16 core cables and have been impressed by the quality of construction and the sonic improvements on offer. I feel further increases in quality are available with this cable and it is possibly the best I have tried so far, bringing significant performance gains with a variety of earphones. Highly recommended.

1598886740792.png

That part looks pretty unique, dont think I have seen cables with carbon fibre on the 2pin/mmcx connectors. Is it as long as it looks though? With that added carbon fibre part it looks longer than average.

Aug 31, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #4,829 of 9,200
1598886740792.png
That part looks pretty unique, dont think I have seen cables with carbon fibre on the 2pin/mmcx connectors. Is it as long as it looks though? With that added carbon fibre part it looks longer than average.
The part measures 12mm which is the same as other cables I have including ones by Hifi Hear and Senlee.

Sep 1, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #4,830 of 9,200
I was looking for a cable which will bump midrange a bit for Sony IER-ZR1, this IEM is a bit v shaped and some tracks vocals is bit muffed.

Not sure it can be fixed by cable change, please suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back