Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jul 30, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #4,577 of 9,225
20200730_183529.jpg
20200730_184058.jpg
20200730_184120.jpg
Gold plate with a bit palladium from CEMA is arrived...
Burn in first...
we will see how it does... 8 braid 26 AWG all the same type (supposed to be mixed) thing....
Man! That's the next cable I am buying and it's been sitting in my cart. Nice!

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #4,578 of 9,225
Are those custom tips? Where did you get them? How do you like them?
Yes, there are.. from custom Art... Silicon based...
Been using for more than a year. For me, is helpful to get better fitting since Solaris OG have certain issued with ear fitting.
SoungSig, easiest saying is make your IEM dark, but detail and yet still revealing for the upper Treble...
is like having CIEM at IEM, it is really plug and stick in your ear... quite comfortable also...

For me the best value is that I can use this CustomArt eartip to other IEM, such as Fourte, Trio, some Empire, as long the diameter bore same size...

Man! That's the next cable I am buying and it's been sitting in my cart. Nice!
Well, I can't have proper impression since only been listening about 2 hours... but like I mention above, the cable is more emphasize vocal. Smooth on upper treble (spark) yet still get the feeling of clarity.

unlike 175 which is too detail for my taste, this cable seems more musical.
Now I am interested in the blueish one...

edit : just to add, compare to pure silver, this cable will be not give the widest soundstages, but it will give better depth and positioning... IMO

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #4,579 of 9,225
Yes, there are.. from custom Art... Silicon based...
Been using for more than a year. For me, is helpful to get better fitting since Solaris OG have certain issued with ear fitting.
SoungSig, easiest saying is make your IEM dark, but detail and yet still revealing for the upper Treble...
is like having CIEM at IEM, it is really plug and stick in your ear... quite comfortable also...

For me the best value is that I can use this CustomArt eartip to other IEM, such as Fourte, Trio, some Empire, as long the diameter bore same size...

Well, I can't have proper impression since only been listening about 2 hours... but like I mention above, the cable is more emphasize vocal. Smooth on upper treble (spark) yet still get the feeling of clarity.

unlike 175 which is too detail for my taste, this cable seems more musical.
Now I am interested in the blueish one...

edit : just to add, compare to pure silver, this cable will be not give the widest soundstages, but it will give better depth and positioning... IMO
That's exactly what I am looking for to pair up with my K10U. The K10U has been such a challenge to find the right cable for my taste, and I am hoping that's the one.

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #4,580 of 9,225
That's exactly what I am looking for to pair up with my K10U. The K10U has been such a challenge to find the right cable for my taste, and I am hoping that's the one.
noble... is the black one sound sig different from K10U ?
20200108_163039.jpg

if the same, and you after for vocal... I tried this with BRISE cable.. it makes the vocal thicker... but I can't stand the treble, too hot for me...

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #4,581 of 9,225
noble... is the black one sound sig different from K10U ?

if the same, and you after for vocal... I tried this with BRISE cable.. it makes the vocal thicker... but I can't stand the treble, too hot for me...
Nice! I love the all black look, and I know they sound the same. Yes sir, that treble can get hot with the wrong cable or source, no doubt. However, with the right cable they are pure magic. I currently have mine connected to an Impact Audio copper litz, and they sound killer, but the mechanical noise of the cable is not the best. The stock cable for the K10U is terrible, and they sound thin and way to bright for me with that one.

Here is the Impact Audio cable. The stage is huge, the bass hits hard, the vocals are forward, big and clear, and the highs are well extended but smooth. Honestly, this cable is so close to perfection, if only it didn't have such bad noise to the touch. It's not the worst I have heard, but still annoying, to where I am looking for something better. The Penon OS849 is really good with the them too, but I still prefer pure copper with them.
20200729_155132.jpg

20200513_080412.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #4,582 of 9,225
The Penon OS849 is really good with the K10U as well, and I highly recommend this pairing and cable, for a super expansive sound, with good extension on both ends, and zero harshness. However, the mids are a bit further back than I prefer as well as vocals.
20200701_054503.jpg

20200701_054402.jpg

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #4,585 of 9,225
Hey all,

Recieved my TRN-T3 yesterday.

In short, it seems to subtly improve upon the stock cable for my Shure SE846 - it's not night and day by any means though..

I'm not going to be using them though. For some reason, the top on the MMCX connector on the right side is kinda scratching into the side of my head - really uncomfrtbale.

On top of that, slight movements can cause sound to intermittently cut out - again, really annoying, and a deal killer for me.

Lastly, there seems to be a rattling on the MMCX connectors - as if some small balls moving on the inside? Annoying..
I purchased a TRN T3 cable 3 separate times, and so far, they all work great. For some reason, however, the MMCX connectors don’t play well with the se846. 2 different cables, and neither provide a solid/stable connection with my left se846 earpiece. The se846 does sound great with the T3 cable though. It ultimately doesn’t bother me, b/c I like to use the stock cable for stage use anyways.

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #4,586 of 9,225
I have the old school plastic shell K10 and still searching for the perfect cable also. I have the OS849 but I feel I can get better sound with something else. Need to eradicate the tiny bit of sibilance in vocals. I’m thinking copper with gold maybe.

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #4,587 of 9,225
I have the old school plastic shell K10 and still searching for the perfect cable also. I have the OS849 but I feel I can get better sound with something else. Need to eradicate the tiny bit of sibilance in vocals. I’m thinking copper with gold maybe.
My thoughts exactly! I will keep you posted with my findings, as I am on the hunt for the perfect cable pairing with the K10U, and I have already been through a bunch of the big name brand cables. Let me know, if you find any better than the OS849. So far, the Impact Audio all copper litz, is the best I have heard especially with vocals.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #4,589 of 9,225
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back