Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jul 24, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #4,532 of 9,211
I'm curious how's the microphone on the Sony N3AP.
The cable looks nice doh
If you need it I'd personally say give it a try. At least it's not hardwired, so if the microphone dies, it won't take the IEMs with it. I'd imagine looking for a replacement will be tricky and I can't really help there.

Forgot to add too. NEVER figured out how to answer a call with an inline microphone, effectively making it a point of failure without a purpose. The buttons usually won't do anything either. So either all inline microphones I got were bad even before they killed their respective gear with it, or the cellphones I use with them are plain incompatible... Or maybe I'm just a neanderthal.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #4,534 of 9,211
If you need it I'd personally say give it a try. At least it's not hardwired, so if the microphone dies, it won't take the IEMs with it. I'd imagine looking for a replacement will be tricky and I can't really help there.

Forgot to add too. NEVER figured out how to answer a call with an inline microphone, effectively making it a point of failure without a purpose. The buttons usually won't do anything either. So either all inline microphones I got were bad even before they killed their respective gear with it, or the cellphones I use with them are plain incompatible... Or maybe I'm just a neanderthal.
:beyersmile:
I think it's the cable
It should work by just pressing once the button

Jul 26, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #4,536 of 9,211
Has anybody tried TRN's newest cheap cable? Supposedly 6N OCC Single Crystal copper in 8 cores for only $12

https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7iyGIf

I just received a pair of 16 core silver plated beauties, but if these TRNs are legit, I could be tempted to get a pair huhu
I have one, it's not bad, slightly warm, thumpy midbass. Decent ergonomics, the sleeve is slightly stiff but it's thin enough that it's alright. It's not winning awards in terms of resolution but it's still a significant enough upgrade from a stock cable that I feel it easily justifies the price.

Jul 26, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #4,537 of 9,211
Jul 26, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #4,539 of 9,211
Jul 26, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #4,542 of 9,211
Good looking cables and for a good price but only issue is they don't offer them in balanced. Otherwise that looks just as good as the pure silver cable I got from Lunashops.

I asked the seller if they can get balanced. I’ll let you know what they say

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #4,543 of 9,211
Jul 27, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #4,545 of 9,211
I ordered this cable from Ali for my Blon. I hope it will be a good fit with the sound signature. https://a.aliexpress.com/_BOgznL

I was gonna go for 2 pin but I asked them to show me the fit for Blon and they sent me this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back