Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jul 21, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #4,516 of 9,211
well you just killed my little hype for the litzps then (was planning on buying it on the next sale) :joy:. And sadly since the T3 does not have 4,4mm that is also dead for me :joy:.

Although I dont need any cables at this current time...but well I think you guys know that wont stay like that with my shopping spree...

Its not a bad cable at all, so don’t get me wrong. It’s also literally the lowest cost pure silver cable money can buy.

There are even times when you WANT a higher resistance cable. It can be used to reduce treble peaks on some BAs for example.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #4,517 of 9,211
So my pure silver NiceHCK cables came today.

There are differences between the pure silver NiceHCK cables and the pure silver TRN T3 cables.

I’ll break it down for you:
  • The NiceHCK cables are thinner than the TRN T3. Thinner cores = less silver = not as good conductivity.
  • Because of the above point, the NiceHCK cables are higher resistance than the TRN T3 cables (1.0ohm vs 0.3ohm).
  • The strain relief at the source plug is not that great on the NiceHCK cable. It’s a wide open gap, with the braided cores just flopping around in the hole. This should have been filled in with glue or resin to stabilize the strain relief like most cables.
  • The NiceHCK chin slider doesn’t actually do anything. The one on the TRN T3 is actually functional.

There are advantages to the NiceHCK cables however:
  • The NiceHCK cables are available with QDC/Paragraph C as well as NX7/Blon ends. The TRN does not offer this option.
  • As @RikudouGoku pointed out, the NiceHCK cables are available with a 4.4mm balanced termination. The TRN T3 cables do not offer a 4.4mm option.
  • The source plugs (2.5mm, 3.5mm, etc) and y splitter appear to be of a higher quality.
  • The preformed ear guides are softer and more flexible on the NiceHCK cables. I actually want to keep these ear guides on, instead of cutting the guides off like I do to most cables (including the TRN T3 cables).
  • The NiceHCK cables are lower price than the TRN T3 cables (good if you’re on a budget but want pure silver). This makes sense, as thinner wires = less silver = lower price.
So, in my opinion...

I recommend the NiceHCK cable:
  1. If you’re on a budget and want the absolute lowest price on a pure silver cable.
  2. If you need Paragraph C/QDC or NX7/Blon plugs.
  3. If you need a higher resistance cable (1.0ohm, which can have a sonic effect on some earphones).
I recommend the TRN T3 cables:
  1. If you want an overall thicker “better” pure silver cable, and can afford a higher budget (while still being a ridiculously good bang for the buck).
  2. If you need a low resistance budget pure silver cable.
I should also mention that I did NOT tear down the NiceHCK cable, nor melt it down and assay the silver content (like I did to the TRN T3 cable). I have no reason to doubt NiceHCK though, so I have no plans to tear it down at this time. I mainly tested the TRN T3 silver cable because of not trusting TRN due to their previous cable shenanigans.
Using their specs I calculated gauge to be about 30awg, even at that thin gauge resistance for a silver shouldn't be 1ohm. That's like crap copper territory O.o

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #4,518 of 9,211
This looks like a decent pure silver cable:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dW5inZJ

E84D70C0-46C8-4297-84AB-CC734A5AF9EC.jpeg5D784156-8AB0-48BE-98ED-A151E6CBA5E0.jpeg

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #4,519 of 9,211
I finally just took delivery of a killer cable for a killer deal! The build quality is perfect, and it feels very solid with a bit of heft. This cable is also dead limp, so it lays perfectly straight. I am stunned at the quality of this cable for only $30! :ksc75smile:

Check out the quality of this wire!

AK **** 8 Core Upgrade High-end Single Crystal Copper Cable

20200722_160906.jpg

20200722_161011.jpg

20200722_160843.jpg

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #4,520 of 9,211
I finally just took delivery of a killer cable for a killer deal! The build quality is perfect, and it feels very solid with a bit of heft. This cable is also dead limp, so it lays perfectly straight. I am stunned at the quality of this cable for only $30! :ksc75smile:

20200722_160906.jpg
20200722_161011.jpg
20200722_160843.jpg

Yeah, I have that cable and it’s super niiiiiiiiiiiiiice :)

I’d buy a 2-pin version if they didn’t use the recessed pin type plug. I want non-recessed.

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #4,521 of 9,211

20200722_160906.jpg
20200722_161011.jpg
20200722_160843.jpg
Congrats! Very good looking balanced 4.4 copper cable. What iems are you using this with and with what source, if you don't mind me asking?

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #4,522 of 9,211
Congrats! Very good looking balanced 4.4 copper cable. What iems are you using this with and with what source, if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks! I am going to pair it with my Campfire Lyra II and iBasso DX160. Right now I have my Lyra II connected to a Penon OS849, and that pairing is insanely good, so I am curious how this cable will compare. I have a 2-pin version of the exact same cable getting delivered tomorrow, that I plan to try with my Noble K10U. :ksc75smile:

Jul 22, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #4,523 of 9,211
New to this thread. These cables are a great deal, happens to be Penon's cheapest cables but that don't mean they aren't quality.
DSC07353.JPG

These are called the CS819. Penon naming scheme. 8 cores of 19 wires per core of OCC copper and Silver plated OCC interweaved.

These remind me a lot of electro acoustis basic 4 core hybrid cable I bought a while ago but better. These have more copper properties but I can clearly hear the silver influence on these. For an intro level cable Penon is sneaky. They made an outstanding cable here for not much money. Sound expansion. Better detail, full bass, well balanced cable.

These retail for $50- $55 depending on terminations. For the cost these gives a nice taste of their higher end cables at a budget price level. I will be doing a full review on this one but this one has value written all over it.

On careful listen these remind me a lot of Ibassos CB-12 cables that come with the IT04.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #4,525 of 9,211
New to this thread. These cables are a great deal, happens to be Penon's cheapest cables but that don't mean they aren't quality.

These are called the CS819. Penon naming scheme. 8 cores of 19 wires per core of OCC copper and Silver plated OCC interweaved.

These remind me a lot of electro acoustis basic 4 core hybrid cable I bought a while ago but better. These have more copper properties but I can clearly hear the silver influence on these. For an intro level cable Penon is sneaky. They made an outstanding cable here for not much money. Sound expansion. Better detail, full bass, well balanced cable.

These retail for $50- $55 depending on terminations. For the cost these gives a nice taste of their higher end cables at a budget price level. I will be doing a full review on this one but this one has value written all over it.

On careful listen these remind me a lot of Ibassos CB-12 cables that come with the IT04.
I saw this post and I was like who the heck is this guy, that seems to know what's up? Then I saw the name, and the nice new profile pic. :wink:

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #4,526 of 9,211
Has any1 tried Fiio's RC-MMCX cable and can tell how's the microphone quality?
I need a cable with good microphone to use with my buds while gaming.

Or can some1 recommend me a cable with good quality microphone?

Thanks!

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #4,527 of 9,211
Still finding a good cable with a microphone. Why don't they make those anymore do they degrade the sound quality?

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #4,529 of 9,211
Still finding a good cable with a microphone. Why don't they make those anymore do they degrade the sound quality?
In theory, it adds a couple more solder joints and probably a slight bit of resistance. In practice the impact is probably minimal but I think a lot of purists want the cleanest signal chain, and a mic detracts from that.

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #4,530 of 9,211
In theory, it adds a couple more solder joints and probably a slight bit of resistance. In practice the impact is probably minimal but I think a lot of purists want the cleanest signal chain, and a mic detracts from that.
I prefer it without because every headgear/cable with an inline microphone I've owned fails microphone side first. Could be coincidence for all I know however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back