Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 14, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #3,856 of 9,186
Jan 14, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #3,857 of 9,186
Jan 14, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #3,858 of 9,186
I already have a similar cable "OCC Headphone Upgrade Line 6N UP-OCC COPPER 26AWG*4 MMCX UPOCC", need thinner and lighter in weight than it

Thinner and lighter weight are out of fashion these days, Hulk is way to go. :cry:

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #3,859 of 9,186
Thinner and lighter weight are out of fashion these days, Hulk is way to go. :cry:
I am not a fan of fashion, I like old school). Nevertheless, it is more convenient for the earbuds when the wire does not pull them to the bottom from the ears, they change position because of this. if the wire were a little lighter in weight and thinner, but had the same good sound quality than I have, it would be more comfortable and more pleasant.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #3,860 of 9,186
I already have a similar cable "OCC Headphone Upgrade Line 6N UP-OCC COPPER 26AWG*4 MMCX UPOCC", need thinner and lighter in weight than it
Fairly sure that if you contact the guy he will custom build to your requirement.

Everyone is very complementary about him.

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #3,861 of 9,186
Fairly sure that if you contact the guy he will custom build to your requirement.

Everyone is very complementary about him.

He made me the MMCX cable, but it is still heavy in weight. although I chose the lightest divider 3.0MM in size. But it’s still big, I would like less yet, but it doesn’t have one in store

ffdf2e5662.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #3,862 of 9,186
@hakuzen
may i know which cable that you uses to make the interconnect cables?

thank you
i was using ready made cables from Ghentaudio before. most of them were using Canare Star Quad (L-4E6S), some Mogami. good enough.
but the wires i'm using now for DIY analog interconnect cables are Neotech SOCT and SOST, solid core, up-occ copper and silver respectively.
bought them at hificollective (UK) and audiophonics (France).
https://www.hificollective.co.uk/wire/soct-neotech-solid-core-copper-wire.html
https://www.hificollective.co.uk/wire/neotech-sost-occ-silver-wire.html
to check these products at audiophonics, search for neotech at their site.
i also got some neotech AG-GD (99% up-occ silver 1% gold alloy), and turned to be different than Ag-Au wire bought at Cema EAC (OEM up-occ, supposedly).

edit: if you need the result isn't so stiff, you can try the multi-strand versions of these wires, STDCT and STDST.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #3,863 of 9,186
As others have noted, the chin slider on the cables from Electro Acousti aren't particularly useful. Mine is essentially useless. Has anyone figured out a helpful mod to make it function the way it should?
HTB1s1mibwFY.1VjSZFnq6AFHXXaf.jpg

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #3,864 of 9,186
i was using ready made cables from Ghentaudio before. most of them were using Canare Star Quad (L-4E6S), some Mogami. good enough.
but the wires i'm using now for DIY analog interconnect cables are Neotech SOCT and SOST, solid core, up-occ copper and silver respectively.
bought them at hificollective (UK) and audiophonics (France).
https://www.hificollective.co.uk/wire/soct-neotech-solid-core-copper-wire.html
https://www.hificollective.co.uk/wire/neotech-sost-occ-silver-wire.html
to check these products at audiophonics, search for neotech at their site.
i also got some neotech AG-GD (99% up-occ silver 1% gold alloy), and turned to be different than Ag-Au wire bought at Cema EAC (OEM up-occ, supposedly).

edit: if you need the result isn't so stiff, you can try the multi-strand versions of these wires, STDCT and STDST.

noted, thank you very much for answering my question and also give me the idea where to bought the mats to build the rca stuff

yeah, ag-gd and au-ag wire is definitely different product

you could check this for au-ag wire from cema
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-21117883192.56.40407f2cVKI0fD&id=598424035251
i dont know what wire is that for sure.

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #3,866 of 9,186
uses a less thick cables, obviously the chin slider wont work on the 8 braid cable, 4 or 6 maybe still can but.. 8? never
Sorry, I should've been clearer, the photo is just to illustrate the kind of chin slider I'm referring to. The cable I'm using is 4 cores. The slider's holes are actually too wide to be useful on cabling that thin. It seems to be a relatively common issue as I've seen it mentioned in this thread a few times before.

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #3,867 of 9,186
Guys, what is the best pure copper with best resistance that you can recommend EA or some other brand. I would like to have option up to $ 70-80ish and a bit higher up to $200

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #3,868 of 9,186
Well sorry for my reply but Chin sliders are useless like the 5th wheel on a car .. if something strangulates my neck i would go crazy... no clue what that thing is useful at...

Acousti guy is simply awesome! ordered 30cm of that new super thick plated cable and some 2,5mm plugs for a dac/amp cable...

That new cable without a number is simply the best he ever sold.. it has all the best features combined in one cable of his whole lineup...

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #3,869 of 9,186
Well sorry for my reply but Chin sliders are useless like the 5th wheel on a car .. if something strangulates my neck i would go crazy... no clue what that thing is useful at...

I use chin slider only when storing iems the case, it helps with keeping the cable untangled.

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #3,870 of 9,186

Acousti guy is simply awesome! ordered 30cm of that new super thick plated cable and some 2,5mm plugs for a dac/amp cable...

That new cable without a number is simply the best he ever sold.. it has all the best features combined in one cable of his whole lineup...

lol... its useful when you wear them for stage use which our IEMs are theoretically meant for. Wear cable going down your back, with the slider cinched up to your neck. All the singers and band players wear em like that at my church

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Back