Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Oct 25, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #2,928 of 9,211

Short comparing between 165 (8c) with 175.

bear in mind, my Taste is Warm with detail.
165 (8core) :
- Bass : Sub bass and Mid Bass good separation, with more punchy Mid Bass.
- Vocal : Not too recess, especially at Female vocal / Hi Mid. Dynamic Top notch especially at Mid centric Song (accoustic or live music)
- Treble : Less clarity and airy feeling, soundstage still wide.

175 :
- Bass : Sub bass at it finest, very good rumble. a bit less mid Bass, but it gave better texture.
- Vocal : my downside, female vocal felt recess even sometime overlay with Lo High/treble.
Dynamic still top notch.
- treble : Really sparkling... Airy with clarity edge.
If only tried just a while, It make my IEM V shaped...
Overall 175 still better compare 165 (8 core).
but since my Taste is Warm, and I prefer vocal not to recess, so 165 (8C) will be my pairing for now...

@hakuzen plz make a number for 165 (8c)...

P.S : this is based on my pairing also my taste of songs... and Litz make Mid feel recess, so for this pairing non Litz will be my way...
Cheers
thanks for the comparison!
i've assigned 179 number to the 165/172 8 cores version.

@hakuzen I have Tansio Mirai TSMR-4 Pro and I was considering an upgrade to the 175 hybrid. Would appreciate any thoughts. And also it a "soft" cable? Thanks.
yes, it is soft and reasonably flexible. still my fav sound wise

Oct 25, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #2,929 of 9,211

Short comparing between 165 (8c) with 175.

bear in mind, my Taste is Warm with detail.
165 (8core) :
- Bass : Sub bass and Mid Bass good separation, with more punchy Mid Bass.
- Vocal : Not too recess, especially at Female vocal / Hi Mid. Dynamic Top notch especially at Mid centric Song (accoustic or live music)
- Treble : Less clarity and airy feeling, soundstage still wide.

175 :
- Bass : Sub bass at it finest, very good rumble. a bit less mid Bass, but it gave better texture.
- Vocal : my downside, female vocal felt recess even sometime overlay with Lo High/treble.
Dynamic still top notch.
- treble : Really sparkling... Airy with clarity edge.
If only tried just a while, It make my IEM V shaped...
Overall 175 still better compare 165 (8 core).
but since my Taste is Warm, and I prefer vocal not to recess, so 165 (8C) will be my pairing for now...

@hakuzen plz make a number for 165 (8c)...

P.S : this is based on my pairing also my taste of songs... and Litz make Mid feel recess, so for this pairing non Litz will be my way...
Cheers
Great impressions!
What are those on the solaris?

Oct 25, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #2,930 of 9,211
Great impressions!
it's custom cable 179 (new in the list). 8 cores version of 165/172, frozen up-occ copper 26awg (23awg/signal) no litz. added it to pics, comments, and links sections of the list.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #2,931 of 9,211
Great impressions!
if you refer to the round metalic things on the housing, its Rosenkranz sticker... hehehe.. it's another snake oil... well I used this to control Vibration, so it made the frequency thighter.

Oct 26, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #2,932 of 9,211
thanks for the comparison!
i've assigned 179 number to the 165/172 8 cores version.
One day you may consider more informative nomenclature for your impressive comprehensive database.
E.g. #-X-Y-Z-S
Where # will indicate # of cores;
Y - gauge; Z - material and S, possibly the source/store.

Oct 26, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #2,933 of 9,211
One day you may consider more informative nomenclature for your impressive comprehensive database.
E.g. #-X-Y-Z-S
Where # will indicate # of cores;
Y - gauge; Z - material and S, possibly the source/store.
this is a good idea.
i didn't expect to add so many cables to the list.
however, it's easy to find that info of the cable by locating the cable number in this list:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/resistance-of-cables-pics-comments-and-links.907998/#post-14985614

for example, cable 171. you find 2 entries in that list quickly:
171. eac 7n upocc cu lz frz 8c (copper,eagle,MV)..........133..143..132..142..[30.5]..121..111..[117]
171. eac 7n upocc cu lz frz 8c (blue,eagle,MV)..............156/133..162/154..145/132..184/152..[31.8/30.5]..134/121..131/111..[136/117] mmcxLongCable/2pin
here you can find most the info you wanted (brand/shop, if any, material, number of cores, resistance, weight, capacitance, length..).
the order criteria is resistance/meter.

the problem is locating the pics, comments, and links of the cable in the according sections.
first i ordered them by resistance/meter in these sections as well, but after noticing different quality of sound due to materials used, thought the first sections should summarize the best quality cables, sound wise, in my opinion.

Oct 26, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #2,934 of 9,211
this is a good idea.
i didn't expect to add so many cables to the list.
however, it's easy to find that info of the cable by locating the cable number in this list:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/resistance-of-cables-pics-comments-and-links.907998/#post-14985614

for example, cable 171. you find 2 entries in that list quickly:
171. eac 7n upocc cu lz frz 8c (copper,eagle,MV)..........133..143..132..142..[30.5]..121..111..[117]
171. eac 7n upocc cu lz frz 8c (blue,eagle,MV)..............156/133..162/154..145/132..184/152..[31.8/30.5]..134/121..131/111..[136/117] mmcxLongCable/2pin
here you can find most the info you wanted (brand/shop, if any, material, number of cores, resistance, weight, capacitance, length..).
the order criteria is resistance/meter.

the problem is locating the pics, comments, and links of the cable in the according sections.
first i ordered them by resistance/meter in these sections as well, but after noticing different quality of sound due to materials used, thought the first sections should summarize the best quality cables, sound wise, in my opinion.
I find it helpful to use Ctrl+F (find on this page) and enter "171." which will then scroll down to the next occurrence of that text which is usually the detailed pictures and where to buy links. Sometimes it might stop at a measurement value that happens to match, etc - but overall works well.

I do like the idea of building in significance to the naming convention digits but this is a lot of work on top of the phenomenal job hakuzen has already done for us all.

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 26, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #2,935 of 9,211
I find it helpful to use Ctrl+F (find on this page) and enter "171." which will then scroll down to the next occurrence of that text which is usually the detailed pictures and where to buy links. Sometimes it might stop at a measurement value that happens to match, etc - but overall works well.

I do like the idea of building in significance to the naming convention digits but this is a lot of work on top of the phenomenal job hakuzen has already done for us all.

Cheers,
Tim
nice!
this should be the best way to locate the cable into pics, comments, and links sections

Oct 26, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #2,937 of 9,211
what about making a Google spreadsheet? That way, adding new entries is easy/not messy and users could sort/filter the list as they like. I'd gladly help you with making one, hakuzen. (this stuff is really fun for me)
thanks for the offer.
now i've chosen a way to post the list here, at head-fi.
there are many ways to post out of here, a blog/website with links to a google spreadsheet or with embedded spreadsheet and graphs. i'll do it in the future to hold not only cables, but measurements and reviews of iems, headphones, and sources. i'm a senior software developer, hope i'll find the best way to do it.

Oct 26, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #2,938 of 9,211
What's a good budget cable for the KZ ZS7 (other than the stock cable)?
(It takes a Paragraph A)
para_abc_btjdt.jpg

Oct 26, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #2,939 of 9,211
Good news. If you decide to purchase cables at electro acousti, you can indicate "head-fi" or "hakuzen" words in the order to get a 10% off. Hold on payment till the seller adjusts the price.
Of course, I don't get any benefit, nor commission, I'm not affiliated to that shop (nor to any other one) at all.
I asked the seller for discounts for head-fi members, because they don't use to add discounts during Aliexpress sales.

Oct 26, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #2,940 of 9,211
Good news. If you decide to purchase cables at electro acousti, you can indicate "head-fi" or "hakuzen" words in the order to get a 10% off. Hold on payment till the seller adjusts the price.
Of course, I don't get any benefit, nor commission, I'm not affiliated to that shop (nor to any other one) at all.
I asked the seller for discounts for head-fi members, because they don't use to add discounts during Aliexpress sales.

Wow that's awesome. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back