Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Sep 15, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #2,597 of 9,220
So, speaking of Electro Acousti, a thing happened today...

So just to follow up on this cable.

I am using Alclair Studio 4 IEMs right now, which are not particularly cable-sensitive. For example, a 4 core Forza Audioworks Hybrid and 8 core Gu.Craftsman 6N OCC Copper are sonically indistinguishable, which is unusual- the Forza is typically much more direct, and the Gu.Craftsman is generally noticeably more "reference," clean and extended.

However

For whatever reason the synergy is just there with the ElectroAcousti silver strand cable. Man, it is big, bold, wide and all kinds of spacious. I don't know how to explain the difference, but it is there between the other two very, very good cables and the EA. I can't wait to hear the difference on a set which IS very cable sensitive (Fearless Roland), but for now I'm switching back to the Forza, since the Alclairs are my studio and stage monitors, and a gigantic jewelry grade python isn't exactly subtle.

One other thing about the EA silver strand cable. I've not experienced this with the other EA wire, but I'll be looking for it in the SPC cable arriving tomorrow. Bass impact is less hollow-sounding than the typical BA hit. There's a bloomier decay with the EA cable that's far more DD like than usual. I wouldn't call it a drastic change, but subtleties have a way of adding up to larger differences, and paired with better treble extension, the EA cable just sounds "more" than the others on this normally cable-agnostic set.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #2,598 of 9,220
I am in need of help from this knowledgeable community! So, I just got my ZSX in and im mostly loving it. However im having a cable problem. The gold/silver 8 core upgrade cable ive been using all along with my ZS10 Pro's actually feels really uncomfortable combined with the different shape of the ZSX. With the way the earhooks are molded, it actually forces the ZSX out of the position i found to be the most comfortable in my ears, and decreases the quality of the seal too. At first i thought it was the ZSX themselves, but nope. Its the cable. Ive been thinking of picking up something a little nicer anyway, and here's when i really need the help of this knowledgeable community!
I've been shown these a few times by members on here and am considering getting them
FENGRU DIY JCALLY Gold JC16 6N OFC 16 Shares 480 Cores Earphone Upgrade Cable for Shure SE215 IE80 KZ ZST ZSN ZS10 Pro TFZ TRN
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/LCpX0spi but i need to know the dimensions of the plug on it.
The case I'm using to cover my S10+, while providing excellent comfort and protection, has a very narrow channel covering the jack. This has been a major pain in the neck for me since I got into the Chifi hobby. This kz upgrade cable is literally the only one I own that fits!
Ive taken some measurements. The plug on the upgrade cable is 8mm in diameter and 19mm long. And that fits like a glove. I had purchased a TRN T2 16 core cable recently and unfortunately it doesn't fit and i dont feel like paying to send it back to China lol. The plug on that cable is 9mm wide and 16mm long and is too wide and short to fit! That tiny bit of difference made it unusable. So I figured I'd ask if anyone owns this JCALLY cable and happens to know the dimensions of the plug, that would be a big help to me and I'd really appreciate it ! I really don't wanna order another cable I can't use with my phone!

Also if anyone has any other recommendations for nice cables (preferably under $30) that have a plug size that's the same, I'd be interested in checking some others out too.
Thanks in advance!

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #2,599 of 9,220
well.... it has been like 3 weeks since I ordered this cable

US $39.90 | 6N OCC + OCC Silver plating 26AWG Special Offer Headphone Upgrade Line MMCX 0.78MM 2PIN
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/njqRM9NI
And the tracking hasn't updated at all and been stuck at "in transit". Aliexpress says it will arrive within 7 days but this is the first time it's taken this long and without any updates at all

You should contact the seller, maybe he did the same mistake than me? (he didn't wrote properly my names resulting a block at their local shipping, which unfortunately I discovered by myself 2 weeks later, and seller tried to put the entire fault on me...). I never received the item and ali refunded me. That is why I don't deal anymore with Electro Acousti store that I won't recommend anymore (it's on my blacklist already). Where it is funny is that I was the first here on this thread to recommend Electro Acousti store from a cable they made few months ago, and I'm the first to put them into a blacklist :D
I will deal with other sellers, much safer.

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #2,600 of 9,220
You should contact the seller, maybe he did the same mistake than me? (he didn't wrote properly my names resulting a block at their local shipping, which unfortunately I discovered by myself 2 weeks later, and seller tried to put the entire fault on me...). I never received the item and ali refunded me. That is why I don't deal anymore with Electro Acousti store that I won't recommend anymore (it's on my blacklist already). Where it is funny is that I was the first here on this thread to recommend Electro Acousti store from a cable they made few months ago, and I'm the first to put them into a blacklist :D
Sad and surprised to hear that. I thought they were amongst the better customer engagement sellers with prompt and clear replies. Hmmmm

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #2,601 of 9,220
Sad and surprised to hear that. I thought they were amongst the better customer engagement sellers with prompt and clear replies. Hmmmm
I made 2 orders from them, the first one didn't had any issue at all, but this second experience completely frozen me up (OCC? :D), and decided to not do another try with the seller after this.
I'm sure I will miss a lot of goodies (too bad for me), but personally, I prefer to not trust this seller anymore :frowning2:

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #2,602 of 9,220
I did contact the seller and he said it was "in transit", the latest update says it was "despatched from sorting center" in china that was on the 08/28 4 days after I ordered it. I am gonna wait until friday If I do not get anything then I will message him again and demand that he send a new one, I already waited like 4 weeks now and this is getting annoying.

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #2,603 of 9,220
Nice to hear i waiting for a cable too we will see ;D

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #2,604 of 9,220
I did contact the seller and he said it was "in transit", the latest update says it was "despatched from sorting center" in china that was on the 08/28 4 days after I ordered it. I am gonna wait until friday If I do not get anything then I will message him again and demand that he send a new one, I already waited like 4 weeks now and this is getting annoying.
Please keep in mind that in China they just had the mid autumn festival. Everything is at snails pace!

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #2,605 of 9,220
Please keep in mind that in China they just had the mid autumn festival. Everything is at snails pace!
Oh I did not know that. Usually I am patient with my packages but its just that this time the tracking number has not updated at all in weeks and that the aliexpress reminder says that I will receive the order within 4 days 13 hours.

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #2,606 of 9,220
Sep 16, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #2,607 of 9,220
Screenshot_20190916-182759.png
Just looked up the mid autumn festival and it seems it was on the 13 September. I bought my cable on the 24 August. So it seems unlikely that the event managed to slow it down

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #2,608 of 9,220
Just wow.

20190916_171426~2.jpg 20190916_171404~2.jpg 20190916_171419~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20190916_171355~2.jpg
    20190916_171355~2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #2,609 of 9,220
Another with the matching CIEMs

20190916_172255~2.jpg

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #2,610 of 9,220
So I just got these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33018107228.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.160c4c4drQQiKf This was on sale for $24 USD, sounds fantastic great clarity and separation. Hard to find a good quality 90 degree balanced 2.5 plug.

I really like the angled plug for my AK SR15.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32890417830.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.796c4c4d09cG4A

Works great, haven't measured resistance though. Tried it on my friends DAP as I wanted something to future proof my IEM cable collection.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007635623.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.34404c4dTgVSqt

Very reasonably priced and well made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back