Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 11, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #631 of 9,188
I am considering trying out their S16. I have a feeling that will be a good cable. I like silver coatings on copper. Due to the thicker cores and the amount of materials used. In theory should provide the best balanced of detail and more fullness in sound to the earphones they are attached to.

I do notice an increased thicker sound on the several IEMs I have tried the C16. This was the reason why I was suggesting this cable for V shaped sounding IEMs that need a boost in the mids. It does affect the mids and bass more than the treble end. The C16 should be more treble mids and not so much bass effect. Then it might tighten the bass end a touch. Wont know till someone reports the sound effects.

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #633 of 9,188
first cable is like cable 055 of my list. guess these cables use different wire depending of color, so can't confirm it has same resistance. anyway, not bad, and soft and flexible, but price at amazon is a bit inflated. you can get better and cheaper 16 cores ones at ali or lunashops.

second cable, oksc, guess it uses this wire: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=5953 (check last pics at that page). silver plated copper, insulated layer inside, another layer (shielding) outside (usually different color), and some yarn.
structure showed in pics differs of specified at the bottom of the page; the latter is more plausible. if so, you'd get around 185mΩ per signal. the look is nice and the wooden box is a plus.
Thanks for the reply and the information you gave, I'll look further into it!

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #635 of 9,188
I am considering trying out their S16. I have a feeling that will be a good cable. I like silver coatings on copper. Due to the thicker cores and the amount of materials used. In theory should provide the best balanced of detail and more fullness in sound to the earphones they are attached to.

I do notice an increased thicker sound on the several IEMs I have tried the C16. This was the reason why I was suggesting this cable for V shaped sounding IEMs that need a boost in the mids. It does affect the mids and bass more than the treble end. The C16 should be more treble mids and not so much bass effect. Then it might tighten the bass end a touch. Wont know till someone reports the sound effects.

Too bad C16 doesn't come with 4.4mm connector. Already emailed penon about this but they are still on CNY holiday.
I want a cable for my KPE, the NiceHCK GC-OCC is really bad with anything I have.

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #636 of 9,188
Too bad C16 doesn't come with 4.4mm connector. Already emailed penon about this but they are still on CNY holiday.
I want a cable for my KPE, the NiceHCK GC-OCC is really bad with anything I have.
How do you mean the NiceHCK GC-OCC cables are really bad? I have heard otherwise from a lot of people including @hakuzen

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #637 of 9,188
How do you mean the NiceHCK GC-OCC cables are really bad? I have heard otherwise from a lot of people including @hakuzen

Not bad, it just increases the brightness (too much) of any IEM I have. I have the mmcx (tried it with DM6) & 2-pin (tried it with Kanas Pro).

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #638 of 9,188
I only have the crystal copper one. Has no guides on it. I did try it on the Andromeda S. didnt like it but I have to go back to it. The cable on open listen is a bit too warm sounding. Overnight use and the sound cleans up. A bit of cable burn in seems to be required on these due to the sheer amount of material used. I tried it on my Andromeda S out of the box actually was way too warm sounding.

Will go back to it to see how it sounds now. Will report back later tonight. I been using it on my HQ12 and The sound definitiely changes after a few days of use. I am using this cable on my Solaris.

Definitley one of the best cables I have bought recently.

Is it possible to measure how much the diameter between the red arrows please? I'm interested for a DIY earbud projet (so basically, I will unfortunately cut the MMCX connectors, like all my MMXC cables)
Many thanks :)

aY.jpg

Feb 12, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #639 of 9,188
Hi,
I have the Massdrop Nuforce EDC3 that use a 2pin connector. I’m looking for a spare cable, if possible better than the original one, but I could not find one with similar connector. I know there are plenty cables with 2 pin connector but on the original one the pins are a bit recessed in the plug case so that the plug case provide guidance for proper plug direction and probably also some reinforcement.
If someone could recommend a cable with similar quality and compatible plugs will be great. Considering that these are 99 usdcome with a nice case and 2cables, the price for the spare cable is to be competitive otherwise may be more reasonable to buy another iem entirely.

Feb 12, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #641 of 9,188
Feb 13, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #645 of 9,188
do you have any chance of rough measuring dc resistance of these penon cables? any multimeter would be enough

Yo! I got the ISN Audio C16 16 Shares 19 Cores Single Crystal Copper Cable. It measures roughly around 100-130mΩ (My multimeter is acting up a little, so couldn't get exact specific values). It is so fat that it looks like a small snake. LOL :D

ISN Single Crsytal Copper.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back