Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 21, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #8,461 of 9,223
XINHS Headphone Cable HIFI Store sells those, otherwise either of the XINHS stores will customize cables too. :L3000:
Thanks .. but I can't find their diy cables in their store ! .. they all ready made cables .. the thing is .. most of cables are made of a 0.05 mm gauge for the single copper strand .. in my opinion that affects the durability of the cable and makes the wires more susceptible to breakage and get loose from its soldering ( i would prefer 0.06 or 0.08 ).. the other thing is i want an easier cable to repair.. most of ready made cables the add some glue to the terminals making them kinda unrepairable ..
I would trust more my wire selection .. my soldering .. and my choices of the type and brand of the connectors .. and if something happens to it i can fix it easily as i won't add any glues inside

May 21, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #8,462 of 9,223
Thanks .. but I can't find their diy cables in their store ! .. they all ready made cables .. the thing is .. most of cables are made of a 0.05 mm gauge for the single copper strand .. in my opinion that affects the durability of the cable and makes the wires more susceptible to breakage and get loose from its soldering ( i would prefer 0.06 or 0.08 ).. the other thing is i want an easier cable to repair.. most of ready made cables the add some glue to the terminals making them kinda unrepairable ..
I would trust more my wire selection .. my soldering .. and my choices of the type and brand of the connectors .. and if something happens to it i can fix it easily as i won't add any glues inside

They just sell single cores and braided multi-core cables in various lengths in their DIY Upgrade Cable product section. You have to use the dropdown menu since the links in the main page don't seem to work. I've seen connectors splitters and plugs in other shops but can't remember exactly where. You'll have to Google-Fu those!:L3000:

May 22, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #8,463 of 9,223
XINHS 4 Core 7N single crystal copper plated with silver

Build quality is crazy good, I am always impressed with XINHS.

I bet you could put a fancy brand name on it, write some flowery descriptions and sell it for 500$ 🙈

It's borderlining on being too heavy though, will get myself a shirt clip to hold it in place.

This is perfect for warmer IEMs, in my case Legend EVO
PSX_20230522_150650.jpg

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNiMdmG

May 26, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #8,464 of 9,223
Howdy folks, I'm looking for a reasonably priced (30$ or less, preferably less) durable cable with a 3.5 jack and a mmcx connection. I would prefer ear hooks. Mild preference for a clear cable, no other preferences.

A little bit of background; My use of my IEM's is exceedingly utilitarian. They were bought so I could listen to something while in industrial areas, and they get treated as such. At this point, I consider them indestructible. My cables, not so much. My replacement shure cables are beginning to lose their appeal. While I understand that anyone who treats their gear as rough as I do is going to have something break eventually, I would prefer something with a 30$ price tag to last longer than four months.

If an extremely durable, reasonably priced cable doesn't exist, I would appreciate someone pointing me to a reasonably durable cable priced in a manner that I can order it in bulk.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #8,465 of 9,223
Howdy folks, I'm looking for a reasonably priced (30$ or less, preferably less) durable cable with a 3.5 jack and a mmcx connection. I would prefer ear hooks. Mild preference for a clear cable, no other preferences.

A little bit of background; My use of my IEM's is exceedingly utilitarian. They were bought so I could listen to something while in industrial areas, and they get treated as such. At this point, I consider them indestructible. My cables, not so much. My replacement shure cables are beginning to lose their appeal. While I understand that anyone who treats their gear as rough as I do is going to have something break eventually, I would prefer something with a 30$ price tag to last longer than four months.

If an extremely durable, reasonably priced cable doesn't exist, I would appreciate someone pointing me to a reasonably durable cable priced in a manner that I can order it in bulk.

Thank you for your time.
Kbear chord
Tripowin jelly
HAKUGEI Rice litz
Edit: wait for sales: aliexpress summer sale happens in June and July.

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #8,466 of 9,223
. m.Howdy folks, I'm looking for a reasonably priced (30$ or less, preferably less) durable cable with a 3.5 jack and a mmcx connection. I would prefer ear hooks. Mild preference for a clear cable, no other preferences.

Thank you for your time.

NiceHCK BlackCat is VERY solidly built 4 core cable. My first thought upon first receiving one was "what level of abuse were these designed for?". It's black though, having stainless fittings with brass accents and slightly less emphasis on upper frequencies than SPC. I haven't had any problems with NiceHCK MMCX connectors (three of my Audiosense IEMs have NiceHCK cables). Wait until sales or use coupons, then they can get below $13.:L3000:

Only potential problem with these is that the 3.5mm plug is quite broad, so any heavy duty cases on phones or DAP may require some rebating.

May 27, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #8,467 of 9,223

Thank you for your time.
This is a fantastic cable, my go to for out and about.
It is lightweight but sturdy enough.
I customized it with all black hardware and love the looks of it 🤩👌🏻
Screenshot_20230527_145716.jpg

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLIXFKu

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #8,468 of 9,223
Thought I cross share it here also since I made this post for another asking for cable for Neon Pro, Neon Pro is U shaped IEM and have some forwardness in the treble. Why I recommend copper, or a variation on it.

Going to share a few cables I recommend for Neon Pro:

XINHS 4 core
is cheap(depends who you ask) but a very great copper cable, can be custom made if you ask the maker. Soft flexible and great sounding.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.98.7cc41802mbKXua

Was about to share a 16core XINHS I got trough messaging with him, a very good 16 core and is sonically over similar cheap brands 16core one.

The ISN C16
It is similar sonically but slightly thicker, still thinner and more flexible than the Hakugei Frey.
https://penonaudio.com/isn-c16.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32972927351.html

NiceHCK C16
A very cheap alternative 16 core that does nothing wrong IMO if you want something that do not ruin the bank.
https://tinyurl.com/yve58c6m

NiceHCK BlackSoul is
also great and looks very cool, price is not at its lowest no been at $35. This is unique in that it tames some of the treble while keeping the Bass and Mids forward.
https://tinyurl.com/2p9cjsrp

ISN Audio GC4
I tried this cable some months ago on the SA6 and it did wonders on the resolution and soundstage, should do the same on Neon Pro.
https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-gc4.html

Penon Obsidion is similar to the GC4 cheaper, but I would have gone for the GC4 instead.
https://penonaudio.com/penon-obsidian.html

PW Audio Copper 28 V2
Another great copper that is inexpensive and a favourite by many, not tested it. But I trust the rest.
https://www.mtmtaudio.com/en-no/products/pw-audio-copper-28-headphone-upgrade-cable

And again there is many other brands out there that are probably also good, even custom makers.

DSCF2384.jpg

May 29, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #8,470 of 9,223
What are the bonkers memorial day sales?? Looking for a new cable for my mobile setup. something lightweight for my sound rythms SR5s. tia!
Are you really looking for in cheapest end? SR5 is quite decent for mid-price cable.

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #8,472 of 9,223
Not necessarily the cheapest but around $20-$30 would be preferred. I have one I use at home that's 8 core and it is a little heavy for out-and-about usage.
Cheap cables haven't enough sound difference, so you can get any of them. But in my case most good sound of SR5 became with cable of $180.

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #8,473 of 9,223
Not necessarily the cheapest but around $20-$30 would be preferred. I have one I use at home that's 8 core and it is a little heavy for out-and-about usage.
I use an Ikko CTU01 for my SR5, and that’s about the price you are looking at (~$30 if you shop around). It tames the treble very slightly and adds a little richness… plus in my opinion it looks nice with the SR5. The NiceHCK PurpleSE is also a fantastic budget cable you can often get for under $20.

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #8,474 of 9,223
I use an Ikko CTU01 for my SR5, and that’s about the price you are looking at (~$30 if you shop around). It tames the treble very slightly and adds a little richness… plus in my opinion it looks nice with the SR5. The NiceHCK PurpleSE is also a fantastic cable if you can get it under $20.
I haven't any bad words about NiceHCK PurpleSE (good for the price), but even NiceHCK GreenMood can't help to get all technicalities of SR5.

May 29, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #8,475 of 9,223
I use an Ikko CTU01 for my SR5, and that’s about the price you are looking at (~$30 if you shop around). It tames the treble very slightly and adds a little richness… plus in my opinion it looks nice with the SR5. The NiceHCK PurpleSE is also a fantastic budget cable you can often get for under $20.
these look heavy! but aesthetically cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back