Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Mar 23, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #8,296 of 9,305
NiceHCK BlackSoul on Neon Pro

When changing from my goto XINHS 4 core single crystal copper silver plated to this one I do notice a change.
The change is relaxing the treble, while vocals comes forward some. As for bass I don't think it changes, might be since its a all BA IEM.
Its quite thick but still soft and light, quite unique cable and worth the sale price.

Give me some more time and I can try it with Penon Serial, as that one often is affected in low end by cables.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.order_list.order_list_main.5.3d471802N9lpsh

DSCF2220.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #8,298 of 9,305
Also tried the NiceHCK MixPP today.

Tried on both the Tipsy TTROMSO PineStone Sea and Penon FAN, both of these sets has a V shaped sound.

Both of them had treble enhanced while also perhaps adding some small amount extra sub bass, so a V shaped cable.
I felt it weird as its perhaps the cable I have tried that changed a IEM the most, I also need to try this with Penon Serial since its much more neutral sounding.

On both the TTROMSO and FAN the sound got to much for me, probably also since they already both have some treble bite in the V-signature.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.order_list.order_list_main.4.3d471802N9lpsh

PXL_20230323_071012202.jpg

PXL_20230322_060435589~2.jpg

PXL_20230321_080651001~2.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #8,300 of 9,305
A few new cables to try.
BA1C9F95-85A4-4C6B-BE4C-F51B10FE2FFF.jpeg

Top row, left to right:
NiceHCK Rainbow Taiwan (7N OCC copper)
NiceHCK GreyRhino (6N OCC copper)
KBear Hazy (6N Graphene + copper-silver alloy)

Lower row:
NiceHCK StarDream (6N OCC copper)
NiceHCK GreyFlag (7N OCC copper)

Impressions to follow, before the end of the current sales if I can.

Mar 24, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #8,301 of 9,305
A few new cables to try.
BA1C9F95-85A4-4C6B-BE4C-F51B10FE2FFF.jpeg

Top row, left to right:
NiceHCK Rainbow Taiwan (7N OCC copper)
NiceHCK GreyRhino (6N OCC copper)
KBear Hazy (6N Graphene + copper-silver alloy)

Lower row:
NiceHCK StarDream (6N OCC copper)
NiceHCK GreyFlag (7N OCC copper)

Impressions to follow, before the end of the current sales if I can.
Woo hoo, cable weekend.

Interested in the GreyFlag and Rainbow Taiwan🤔

Mar 24, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #8,302 of 9,305
Woo hoo, cable weekend.

Interested in the GreyFlag and Rainbow Taiwan🤔
First impressions:

GreyFlag: It is balanced, not boosting or cutting any particular frequency, while feeling well controlled especially in the treble. Feels very solid and premium.

Rainbow Taiwan: Warm and likeable. This is actually a replacement as my first one had a bad connection to one earpiece. It’s not a full rainbow, but is pretty.

Hazy: Very mid focused. Sounds nice, curious to try this with a very V tuned IEM. Despite being the cheapest of the 5 I’m testing, it feels well built.

GreyRhino: Very solidly built, especially the jack. Good note weight and staging but maybe a bit uncontrolled in the treble.

StarDream: Identical build to the GreyRhino, just a different colouring. I expected this to sound the same too but it seems sweeter and more musical. I’ll try to work out whether this is real or psychological.

All 5 of these seem different and fun. I’d not pay full price for any of the NiceHCK cables, but they are worth the discounted prices. The way the makers describe the sounds of these cables seems reasonably accurate. I’ll report back with any further impressions as I test these with other sources and IEMs.

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #8,303 of 9,305
First impressions:

GreyFlag: It is balanced, not boosting or cutting any particular frequency, while feeling well controlled especially in the treble. Feels very solid and premium.

Rainbow Taiwan: Warm and likeable. This is actually a replacement as my first one had a bad connection to one earpiece. It’s not a full rainbow, but is pretty.

Hazy: Very mid focused. Sounds nice, curious to try this with a very V tuned IEM. Despite being the cheapest of the 5 I’m testing, it feels well built.

GreyRhino: Very solidly built, especially the jack. Good note weight and staging but maybe a bit uncontrolled in the treble.

StarDream: Identical build to the GreyRhino, just a different colouring. I expected this to sound the same too but it seems sweeter and more musical. I’ll try to work out whether this is real or psychological.

All 5 of these seem different and fun. I’d not pay full price for any of the NiceHCK cables, but they are worth the discounted prices. The way the makers describe the sounds of these cables seems reasonably accurate. I’ll report back with any further impressions as I test these with other sources and IEMs.
Cheers, how is the fabric on GreyFlag? I love the design on it, I recently got the MixPP and it had terrible microphonic and were quite stiff.

This is also why I often go for pvc outer layer, but I find fabric outside more sexy :thinking:

Mar 25, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #8,304 of 9,305
Cheers, how is the fabric on GreyFlag? I love the design on it, I recently got the MixPP and it had terrible microphonic and were quite stiff.

This is also why I often go for pvc outer layer, but I find fabric outside more sexy :thinking:
Honestly it’s not the prettiest cable! Also a bit microphonic - not as bad as the CoaxialSir, but worse than the MixPP. But it sounds good. Very precise and well defined without adding brightness. A hint of extra body.

I’m now using the GreyFlag on my Penon Fan where it is taking over from the (fantastic) CafeFlag. It lets the Fan’s warm organic personality shine through without becoming muddy or too tamed. On my SR5 it was a little too much, making the precise definition of that IEM seem slightly sterile.

Hope that helps you decide.

Mar 26, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #8,305 of 9,305
Anyone have tried this XINHS cable to pair the Simgot EA500? Will it be compatible knowing the ea500 is having a bit recessed 2 pin and how is the matching of the two? Can anyone have pics as well. Thank you!
It should fit. This isn't the same cable but it is XINHS, same ends, and these are the non-recessed type. The non-recessed still have a little bit, enough for the Simgot EA500 which is only very slightly recessed, it's not like the Moondrop Aria/Starfield/Kato which have a substantial recess. XINHS will do either recessed or non-recessed on request (I have asked him for one or the other specifically several times) but for the Simgot you don't need non-recessed.

DSC04100.JPG

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #8,306 of 9,305
Thanks for all the fresh impressions. Always welcome.

I experience a bit of a hassle recently with (too) short pins on the 2-pin termination. Out of your experience: are there sellers offering terminations with longer pins than usual?

Mar 27, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #8,307 of 9,305
Thanks for all the fresh impressions. Always welcome.

I experience a bit of a hassle recently with (too) short pins on the 2-pin termination. Out of your experience: are there sellers offering terminations with longer pins than usual?
I've occasionally had problems with loose or tight fit with 2 pin cables but never with pin length. A TFZ connector has 0.78mm pins that don"t project as far if you put them in a flush 2 pin socket. Alternately a normal 2 pin connector may not reach far enough into a recessed socket. What IEM and what cable? :thinking:

Mar 27, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #8,308 of 9,305
I've occasionally had problems with loose or tight fit with 2 pin cables but never with pin length. A TFZ connector has 0.78mm pins that don"t project as far if you put them in a flush 2 pin socket. Alternately a normal 2 pin connector may not reach far enough into a recessed socket. What IEM and what cable? :thinking:
Hmh, do the 0.78 refer to the pins length or the distance between to the two pins - to date I thought it would be the latter...

I have various IEM which have sockets that end flat to the shells and from which the cables sometimes fall of. Something looking like this (where the plastic corpus of the pins cannot be 'slided' into the shell to give a better hold):

20230327_232716.jpg

My best guess was that these IEM might profit from terminations with longer pins to give a more secure/tight connection. But I might be on the totally wrong track with this...

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #8,309 of 9,305
Mar 28, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #8,310 of 9,305
Hmh, do the 0.78 refer to the pins length or the distance between to the two pins - to date I thought it would be the latter...

I have various IEM which have sockets that end flat to the shells and from which the cables sometimes fall of. Something looking like this (where the plastic corpus of the pins cannot be 'slided' into the shell to give a better hold):

20230327_232716.jpg

My best guess was that these IEM might profit from terminations with longer pins to give a more secure/tight connection. But I might be on the totally wrong track with this...

With that raised rectangular section protruding out from the shell it may be a TFK (NX7) connector. Those take a standard 0.78mm 2 pin connector anyway.

I seem to recall the pin size was diameter, but I could be wrong. :thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back