Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Sep 22, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #7,143 of 9,243
In my experience, any of the cables with gold plating seem to increase bass and warmth. I would recommend something like the tri cable or any gold mix.

This is the tri cable. Just fyi its stiffer and thicker than the other 8 core cables. Softest 8 core and most flexible I've tried is the graphene but its heavier.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_groupList.8148356.15.3db42ca2w84UIF

So far that’s my second favorite cable and I use a matching c to c cable currently. IMHO this one sounds a tad better to me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_groupList.8148356.37.1f994cbbaS1yO1

I do have a new solid silver cord that was a special order and has more cores than the one he list. Heard mix things on silver so wanted to try one out. He did offer it with Graphene but was twice the cost.
Heard mix things on Graphene cables so decided to research it more. Any thoughts on what Graphene does or doesn’t adds would be helpful. Love XINHS work but iffy on quality that a cheaper Graphene cable will add. Seems to be expensive to make high quality Graphene and at the price seems to good to be true?

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #7,144 of 9,243
So far that’s my second favorite cable and I use a matching c to c cable currently. IMHO this one sounds a tad better to me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_groupList.8148356.37.1f994cbbaS1yO1

I do have a new solid silver cord that was a special order and has more cores than the one he list. Heard mix things on silver so wanted to try one out. He did offer it with Graphene but was twice the cost.
Heard mix things on Graphene cables so decided to research it more. Any thoughts on what Graphene does or doesn’t adds would be helpful. Love XINHS work but iffy on quality that a cheaper Graphene cable will add. Seems to be expensive to make high quality Graphene and at the price seems to good to be true?
There are definitely differences between the cheaper copper/silver and the more expensive. Main differences are quality of metal used, quality of solder, and quality of connectors.

The differences I've found is usually soundstage, detail retrieval, imaging and overall smoother signature.

But when it comes to Graphene I personally do not have any experience with it. Ive read it's 1.3 times more conductive than copper though.

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #7,145 of 9,243

I have two graphene cables.

As far as graphene itself, 14christ is correct, its even more conductive than silver BUT it's hard to say how much of an effect has in these cables. It could be just marketing Bs.

Because to make use of it's conductive properties, as I understand it from the articles I've read, needs to be bonded to other metals with extreme heat or chemically. Or maybe there's some other type of manufacturing process that's not common that they're using. The world's in the wild experimentation phase with graphene and everyone is keeping their cards close to their chest, so we don't really know.

With that being said, I prefer the sound of the graphene cable vs all my other cables. To me it sounds better.

Sep 22, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #7,146 of 9,243
Look what I got in the mail today!!! 😂😂

Love this organizer for my eartips and I still have room to spare. 👍👍

IMG_20210922_185208.jpg

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #7,147 of 9,243
I have two graphene cables.

As far as graphene itself, 14christ is correct, its even more conductive than silver BUT it's hard to say how much of an effect has in these cables. It could be just marketing Bs.

Because to make use of it's conductive properties, as I understand it from the articles I've read, needs to be bonded to other metals with extreme heat or chemically. Or maybe there's some other type of manufacturing process that's not common that they're using. The world's in the wild experimentation phase with graphene and everyone is keeping their cards close to their chest, so we don't really know.

With that being said, I prefer the sound of the graphene cable vs all my other cables. To me it sounds better.
From what I've noticed from testing it doesn't matter cause all the silver cables tested I've seen have a lot higher resistance than the copper and spc cables we have, even the cheap ones. My hypothesis is it's the thickness that makes a bigger difference in resistance. These cables aren't long enough for skin effect to be an issue, but if it is a thing having a litz cable, or spc would be superior to just copper but I have no idea if it matters any. I have around 10 cables that I'll be testing soon with multimeter soonish so I might be able to confirm a few things then. Theoretically a thick high purity graphene cable would be best but it's too expensive to produce a good one so most graphene cables aren't much better or actually worse (from what I've seen of other people's testing) than the cheap and thick high purity copper/spc cables we can get easily enough.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #7,148 of 9,243
From what I've noticed from testing it doesn't matter cause all the silver cables tested I've seen have a lot higher resistance than the copper and spc cables we have, even the cheap ones. My hypothesis is it's the thickness that makes a bigger difference in resistance. These cables aren't long enough for skin effect to be an issue, but if it is a thing having a litz cable, or spc would be superior to just copper but I have no idea if it matters any. I have around 10 cables that I'll be testing soon with multimeter soonish so I might be able to confirm a few things then. Theoretically a thick high purity graphene cable would be best but it's too expensive to produce a good one so most graphene cables aren't much better or actually worse (from what I've seen of other people's testing) than the cheap and thick high purity copper/spc cables we can get easily enough.
The most gibberish in your comment is "high purity graphene cable". Graphene is a single layer of sp2 carbon, and the "bulk graphene" is well... surprise-surprise, old good graphite, a moderately conductive material, understandably not used for cables.
What is sold to gullible audiophiles as "graphene" cables is "graphene-coated" (sprinkled, infused, here is your good chance to stretch your marketing abilities) copper, a perfect demonstration how "name game" works to sell cables.
When science is ignored, the ignorance can be costly.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #7,149 of 9,243
Don't take this for something more than what it is, its just a question. I'm asking this because I'd like to know.

If one cable measures .2 ohm and another .8 ohm, what does a difference in .2 or .5 or any ohm sound like? What does the measurement of ohms indicate in terms of sound?

Sep 23, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #7,150 of 9,243
The most gibberish in your comment is "high purity graphene cable". Graphene is a single layer of sp2 carbon, and the "bulk graphene" is well... surprise-surprise, old good graphite, a moderately conductive material, understandably not used for cables.
What is sold to gullible audiophiles as "graphene" cables is "graphene-coated" (sprinkled, infused, here is your good chance to stretch your marketing abilities) copper, a perfect demonstration how "name game" works to sell cables.
When science is ignored, the ignorance can be costly.
It's not the graphene that would need to be high purity, but the copper in the alloy (or whatever it is, I've seen some marketed as alloys so that's what I'm using here). I haven't really looked into them too much cause the affordable ones don't even test well in resistance so I don't see why I would bother over a good old thick litz copper or spc cable. It's a lot less cost prohibitive to produce good quality copper or spc cables so it's hard to find any cables that are ACTUALLY more conductive, these "graphene" marketed cables included.

Don't take this for something more than what it is, its just a question. I'm asking this because I'd like to know.

If one cable measures .2 ohm and another .8 ohm, what does a difference in .2 or .5 or any ohm sound like? What does the measurement of ohms indicate in terms of sound?
This has been tested already by some people. It depends on the iems. Some iems are more sensitive to the resistance/conductivity of the cable, which can make the sound warmer or brighter. I think it was BA iems being more sensitive to it, and single DD iems being pretty much unaffected?

Sep 23, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #7,151 of 9,243
Does anyone know if XinHS is using thicker 2pin connector? I have 2pin cable from XinHS and I just got one from Kbear. XinHS one was really hard to fit in and disconnect to the same IEM while Kbear was smooth and easy. They both claim that they use 0.78 2pin. I have received many XinHS products coming with scratches and stains in the connectors and plugs these days as well. I thought that they are selling the same quality products at cheaper prices but giving me disappoints these days.

Sep 23, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #7,152 of 9,243
It's not the graphene that would need to be high purity, but the copper in the alloy (or whatever it is, I've seen some marketed as alloys so that's what I'm using here). I haven't really looked into them too much cause the affordable ones don't even test well in resistance so I don't see why I would bother over a good old thick litz copper or spc cable. It's a lot less cost prohibitive to produce good quality copper or spc cables so it's hard to find any cables that are ACTUALLY more conductive, these "graphene" marketed cables included.

This has been tested already by some people. It depends on the iems. Some iems are more sensitive to the resistance/conductivity of the cable, which can make the sound warmer or brighter. I think it was BA iems being more sensitive to it, and single DD iems being pretty much unaffected?
You're saying an increase or decrease in .2 ohms will yield a warmer or brighter sound depending on the iem?

Do you have a link to these tests? Or name of the people who conducted these tests?

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #7,154 of 9,243
Sep 23, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #7,155 of 9,243
Lol got it. I'm not saying he's wrong but no offense but thats far from definitive proof.

He doesn't believe cables change the sound in anyway. Has he suddenly changed his tune?
Compared to "believers" of all shades, he was always clearly saying that only resistance can matter for IEM cables, and he outlined the points how it matters and have a great database of cable resistance to guide people.

I thought to write more about that after all, it is the source that ultimately matters, but I think I will save my time here, let it be experiential learning with your wallet - caveat emptor...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back