Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Sep 20, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #7,126 of 9,305
I recently purchased a Thieaudio Monarch and I want to try a better cable than the standard one and I would like to know if you can recommend one that will get the most out of the monarchs. If it is possible to enhance the bass more, I like my head to shake 😂😂
I would definitely stick with a copper based cable. Depends on your budget really. I've purchased the Eletech Fortitude 8 core($349) and it's a copper cable that, in my opinion, beats out the stock UM Mest MK 2 cable which retails for $562. If it were me, I'd look on the forums (where I got mine) for something either Eletech or Effect Audio. My two cents for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #7,127 of 9,305
I recently purchased a Thieaudio Monarch and I want to try a better cable than the standard one and I would like to know if you can recommend one that will get the most out of the monarchs. If it is possible to enhance the bass more, I like my head to shake 😂😂

In my experience, any of the cables with gold plating seem to increase bass and warmth. I would recommend something like the tri cable or any gold mix.

This is the tri cable. Just fyi its stiffer and thicker than the other 8 core cables. Softest 8 core and most flexible I've tried is the graphene but its heavier.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_groupList.8148356.15.3db42ca2w84UIF

Sep 21, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #7,128 of 9,305

There isn't any cable that would increase the bass substantially,

buy this adapter my friend,

More bass? 75ohm,
Brain shaker bass? 200ohm,

Enjoy, 👍

Screenshot_20210921-150553112 (1).jpg

Screenshot_20210921-150523272 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #7,129 of 9,305
There isn't any cable that would increase the bass substantially,

buy this adapter my friend,

More bass? 75ohm,
Brain shaker bass? 200ohm,

Enjoy, 👍

Screenshot_20210921-150553112 (1).jpg

Screenshot_20210921-150523272 (1).jpg
Thank you very much I also had in mind an adapter of these ... would you have a link?

Sep 21, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #7,131 of 9,305
Sep 21, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #7,132 of 9,305
That was exactly my next step after the cables.

These adapters work largely only if one have too powerful (and noisy at lower voltage) sources mismatched to a sensitive IEM.
With a weak source, these adapters makes the sound worse including a loose bass.
<added on editing> - though in many cases, the adapters can help match the tastes. 20 Ohm or lower (if you can find) would definitely be my recommendation to start. <>

Then, if the frequency response changes - it is a clear sign of the source limitations. An ideal source should provide the same frequency-independent power with the increase in a purely resistive load by voltage compensation.

Finally, if the resistance adapters do work for you - IEMatch (few more resistors in a bridge) will work even better :)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #7,134 of 9,305
I thought that the whole point of using an "impedance plug" (series resistor) with the Monarch was to change the frequency response.

I think the IEMatch is just a voltage divider. It will attenuate the output of and essentially provide a constant load to the amplifier.

Sep 21, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #7,137 of 9,305
That's one of the best looking cables I've seen and the reports of it being super soft are great. I just wish it used different hardware, but the wire and mixed braids look excellent. I'd order one but have no use for another cable. It's definitely at the top of my list for when I need another one/get a new IEM.

Sep 21, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #7,138 of 9,305
That's one of the best looking cables I've seen and the reports of it being super soft are great. I just wish it used different hardware, but the wire and mixed braids look excellent. I'd order one but have no use for another cable. It's definitely at the top of my list for when I need another one/get a new IEM.
Yep it's very soft and supple. It's a bit thinner than the pictures show but I like the thinness as it's easier on the ears. The twist ratio on the ear hooks is very well done. The whole cable really is built above expectation. Great cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back