Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Aug 24, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #4,741 of 9,199
There is an SPC version of the same cable. Looks good for $26ish
1598287460505.png

Cant post a link you know why.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #4,742 of 9,199
Just a follow up, about this cable. I have not found a better all copper cable, regardless of price. This cable lays straight and stays limp, and is just a joy to use. I highly recommend this cable if you are looking for a good copper cable, that will give you all the benefits of pure copper, with zero negatives. This cable has a well balanced sound and I have it paired up with my Lyra II and love what I am hearing. This cable is the definition of a perfect copper cable.
20200824_111910.jpg
20200824_112324.jpg

Totally agree.

Aug 24, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #4,743 of 9,199
There is an SPC version of the same cable. Looks good for $26ish
1598287460505.png

Cant post a link you know why.
I am gonna pick up a few of the spc, as I am sure they are killer.

Aug 24, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #4,744 of 9,199
I want to order a nice cable during AE campaign. Could you guys please describe or give your thoughts on the unmentioned brand's copper cable, spc version of the cable and kbear's cable? Which one would be a good shot?

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #4,745 of 9,199
Anyone tried EA origin? saw a local store sell it at $40 ....

Well im not doubting EA quality, tried some of their higher tier years ago, it was good but their value/performance too expensive for my pocket

And not sure why, but i saw many people sold their origin months ago

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #4,746 of 9,199
I want to order a nice cable during AE campaign. Could you guys please describe or give your thoughts on the unmentioned brand's copper cable, spc version of the cable and kbear's cable? Which one would be a good shot?
What iems are you using, and what kind of sound are you after?

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #4,747 of 9,199
What iems are you using, and what kind of sound are you after?
I have fearless audio s4, kz zsx, blon bl 03 and tin t2 plus coming on the way. I'm pairing them with ibasso dx160.

When it comes to sound, especially the bass, I'm looking for quality not the quantity, decent technicality along with a wide soundstage.

I honestly don't know what cable would fit the best. Because, I purchased nicehck's silver 4 core cable and c16-3 cable for Blon. I was thinking that the copper cable would give wider soundstage and deeper bass and yes it did. However, surprisingly silver cable was a better match as it smoothed out the bass and increased details and imaging. So, I just honestly want to buy a good looking p/f cable below 50$. I'm sure I'll find a good match to it. :)

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #4,748 of 9,199
I have fearless audio s4, kz zsx, blon bl 03 and tin t2 plus coming on the way. I'm pairing them with ibasso dx160.

When it comes to sound, especially the bass, I'm looking for quality not the quantity, decent technicality along with a wide soundstage.

I honestly don't know what cable would fit the best. Because, I purchased nicehck's silver 4 core cable and c16-3 cable for Blon. I was thinking that the copper cable would give wider soundstage and deeper bass and yes it did. However, surprisingly silver cable was a better match as it smoothed out the bass and increased details and imaging. So, I just honestly want to buy a good looking p/f cable below 50$. I'm sure I'll find a good match to it. :)
It seems like the KBEAR Rhyme cable is the really popular budget cable right now.

Aug 25, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #4,749 of 9,199
Aug 25, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #4,750 of 9,199
If we compare it to upocc cable?
If you want technicalities close to upocc for cheap and don't mind pure copper I'd definitely recommend the faaeal 5n 4 core litz, it's technical performance is ridiculous for the price, actually, regardless of price it's just good if you don't mind a warm copper. If you want a true upocc the cheapest is on significant sale now with the brand that can't be named, they have a 5n upocc cable that's a coaxial copper. Slightly bassy, as all coaxials are, but with all the excellenct technicalities of a upocc and great staging to boot. Even if it happens not to be a upocc and the marketing is false the technicalities are extremely close to upocc levels.

Rhyme is listed at upocc but after hearing it I have my doubts as to whether it truly is. On taobao they have stricter regulations on marketing terms and upocc is never mentioned, it might be but if it is then the silver foil wire really corrupts the performance. The tonality is great, it has a nice signature and it does all the macro things decently, but with the micro stuff and finer technicalities it doesn't live up to upocc standards with a slightly noisy background and lack of that last bit of clarity. The treble lift from the silver makes it feel detailed but the actual clarity is just above average and not great. It's league better than the tripowin c8 and cheaper too, so it's still very good value, just not the greatest.

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #4,751 of 9,199
If you want technicalities close to upocc for cheap and don't mind pure copper I'd definitely recommend the faaeal 5n 4 core litz, it's technical performance is ridiculous for the price, actually, regardless of price it's just good if you don't mind a warm copper. If you want a true upocc the cheapest is on significant sale now with the brand that can't be named, they have a 5n upocc cable that's a coaxial copper. Slightly bassy, as all coaxials are, but with all the excellenct technicalities of a upocc and great staging to boot. Even if it happens not to be a upocc and the marketing is false the technicalities are extremely close to upocc levels.

Rhyme is listed at upocc but after hearing it I have my doubts as to whether it truly is. On taobao they have stricter regulations on marketing terms and upocc is never mentioned, it might be but if it is then the silver foil wire really corrupts the performance. The tonality is great, it has a nice signature and it does all the macro things decently, but with the micro stuff and finer technicalities it doesn't live up to upocc standards with a slightly noisy background and lack of that last bit of clarity. The treble lift from the silver makes it feel detailed but the actual clarity is just above average and not great. It's league better than the tripowin c8 and cheaper too, so it's still very good value, just not the greatest.
It's better than kbear's upocc cable?

Aug 25, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #4,752 of 9,199
I'm a cable noob and don't know much about them. I'm looking for a couple of budget cables. I already have kbear upocc one on the way (should have them in a week or so). Are there other recos in the similar price range ($10-15)? My iem lineup atm is BL03, VS7, **** Pro, and I'm also purchasing Tin T2 Plus. I prefer Harman neutral signature but don't mind conventional neutral/balanced as well. It would be helpful if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

Aug 25, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #4,753 of 9,199

I agree that these are probably not UPOCC but in my own testing it clearly made 2 recent earphones I have increase stage and gives a slight uptick in defintion. That is something I can't say is possible with a lot of the cheaper cables that I have used in the past. I actually asked WendyLi of KBEAR if it is a true UPOCC and she told me that it was. But then I doubt she would actually say otherwise.

I did notice that bass ends of both my Fiio FH3 and the ISN D02 comes alive from this cable that is something akin to a true UPOCC cable. Regardless I feel they are a excellent buy at $16 a piece right now. Way better than anything stock provided by the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #4,754 of 9,199
I'm a cable noob and don't know much about them. I'm looking for a couple of budget cables. I already have kbear upocc one on the way (should have them in a week or so). Are there other recos in the similar price range ($10-15)? My iem lineup atm is BL03, VS7, **** Pro, and I'm also purchasing Tin T2 Plus. I prefer Harman neutral signature but don't mind conventional neutral/balanced as well. It would be helpful if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

Get the other cable. KBEAR and niceHCK sells their 4 core pure silver cables. It is a steal of a deal for a set. Will brighten up a dark thick sounding earphone. Good to have some silver for these types of sounds.

Aug 25, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #4,755 of 9,199
I also really like the all-silver 8 core TRN T3 cable, but there aren’t as many options for connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back