Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Aug 19, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #4,711 of 9,157

These cables only cost $20 or so and they enhance everything about the FH3 including stage. I am just as surprised with this cables as I was with the 4 core pure silver ones. This cable enhances clarity, detail, stage and that bass is amazing with this cable. For guys that own the FH3. These are a very nice upgrade on the stock cable that came with the FH3.
looks good too! looks very similar to the Tripowin C8 but with nicer plug and connectors (wondering if they use the same wires!). How do you find the bass rumble and punch with this cable compared to the silver one?

I was considering (cheap) silver cables for my SE846, but I'm a bit worried that they might make them sound too flat and less musical, so these silver/copper hybrids seem like a good solution. Only if the seller would publish their impedance... :rolling_eyes:

have you tried them on any highly sensitive pair of iems?
@hakuzen I'm curious whether you have by any chance got your hands on this cable?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #4,712 of 9,157
I was considering (cheap) silver cables for my SE846, but I'm a bit worried that they might make them sound too flat and less musical, so these silver/copper hybrids seem like a good solution.
I really like the sound of the silver TRN T3 on the se846. The combination seems to have more air and better imaging, while not making the bass seem thin at all. It‘s a low impedance cable. My only issue was that my left earpiece kept having a loose/intermittent connection, but I think that was the fault of my IEM rather than the cable. I haven’t had any connection problems with the T3 and any other MMCX IEM that I’ve tried it with thus far.

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #4,713 of 9,157
Looks like the next big thing in audio cables is going to be graphene cables.

This is wire, made from a hybrid of silver, copper, and graphene. Judging by the price of just the wire, a finished cable is going to be well over $100.

And while graphene is conductive, I don’t know how it well it solders using traditional solder. It’s not metallic, so regular solder may not even stick to it.

And who knows if it’s going to actually perform better than regular cables, or if it’s nothing but a snake oil gimmick. There’s certainly no shortage of those in the audio hobby (and especially the audio cable area).

Anyways, here’s a link:
FE8773FA-D4CC-4BB9-8137-87E7C7BBD18D.pngAD4FE979-6007-4FD0-9994-75411DF758D9.jpeg

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOFWdpv

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #4,715 of 9,157
So, I've been listening to my new Nicehck 4 core silver cable on my TFZ No.3 for a few days now. I'm totally loving this thing now, after several days of burn in. It's transformed the sound signature of the No.3 in a really good way. I had a love/hate relationship with this iem, ootb. TFZ recs 200 hours of burn in with the No.3...and they ain't kidding. When I first bought this set, I hated it (and myself for buying it). Bloated bass, dark sounding, recessed mids and muted highs. Zero sound stage. Burn in with a DD driver is a real thing and now after over 300 hours on it, it sounds exponentially better. Absolutely love this set now; even more so with this pure silver cable. Bass is tightened up significantly, without losing impact but with better definition; mids are more forward, highs have excellent detail without sounding tinny. This cable is crazy good for the price with the No.3. Only thing I would like improved is the chin slider. It's meant for an 8 or 16 core cable, not for a 4 core. It's way too loose and doesn't stay in place. I can easily mod that tho. I highly recommend this cable for anyone who has a set of iems that have a flabby bass, or have a recessed midrange or treble.

Aug 19, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #4,716 of 9,157
So, I've been listening to my new Nicehck 4 core silver cable on my TFZ No.3 for a few days now. I'm totally loving this thing now, after several days of burn in. It's transformed the sound signature of the No.3 in a really good way. I had a love/hate relationship with this iem, ootb. TFZ recs 200 hours of burn in with the No.3...and they ain't kidding. When I first bought this set, I hated it (and myself for buying it). Bloated bass, dark sounding, recessed mids and muted highs. Zero sound stage. Burn in with a DD driver is a real thing and now after over 300 hours on it, it sounds exponentially better. Absolutely love this set now; even more so with this pure silver cable. Bass is tightened up significantly, without losing impact but with better definition; mids are more forward, highs have excellent detail without sounding tinny. This cable is crazy good for the price with the No.3. Only thing I would like improved is the chin slider. It's meant for an 8 or 16 core cable, not for a 4 core. It's way too loose and doesn't stay in place. I can easily mod that tho. I highly recommend this cable for anyone who has a set of iems that have a flabby bass, or have a recessed midrange or treble.

Agree - TFZ No 3 is excellent! Mine sounded good right OOTB; definitely not dark and bloated. But as you mentioned, it sounds REALLY good with burn in and a balanced cable! I’m using the Hibiscus cable at the moment.

Aug 19, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #4,718 of 9,157

This is wire, made from a hybrid of silver, copper, and graphene. Judging by the price of just the wire, a finished cable is going to be well over $100.

And while graphene is conductive, I don’t know how it well it solders using traditional solder. It’s not metallic, so regular solder may not even stick to it.

And who knows if it’s going to actually perform better than regular cables, or if it’s nothing but a snake oil gimmick. There’s certainly no shortage of those in the audio hobby (and especially the audio cable area).

Anyways, here’s a link:
FE8773FA-D4CC-4BB9-8137-87E7C7BBD18D.pngAD4FE979-6007-4FD0-9994-75411DF758D9.jpeg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/penon-osg-graphene-infused-spc-iem-cables.24554/reviews
Penon came out with these. Definitely the best cable I have ever used sonic wise.

hmm CMIIW, Carbon based usually stiff character, I seen real gold cable (not plate) is rough and rigid, not bend able...

and the purpose of plating, like ofc, occ, litz etc is to get as similar to real stuff with better flexibility...

again just saying... IMO

Aug 19, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #4,720 of 9,157
the connection is MMCX or 2 pin?
and I assume is 3.5 SE right?

Ask Luna shop, since I see they have DYI Cable...
He's looking for a 2 pin SE cable. Thanks

Aug 19, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #4,721 of 9,157
He's looking for a 2 pin SE cable. Thanks
I think you must search other.. to compare :triportsad:
Request for Cable with mic, increase the price.. quite sad to see this.. but the demand is high...

My suggestion is this... not the Best sonic sound.. but get the job done...
1597892629198.png

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #4,722 of 9,157
Aug 20, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #4,723 of 9,157

Anyways, here’s a link:

Now that we're using funky materials, what about cables with wheat?

Screenshot_20200820-123629_Shopee.jpg

Surely wholegrain is good for sound XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back