Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jun 4, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #4,291 of 9,185
DSC06766.JPG You can see how loose this chin slider is on the Oalloy 210. It is not a good design unfortunately But
DSC06767.JPG
They included this Velcro cable tie. Can easily manipulated to work as a chin slider or tie the cable up when your stashing your earphones away.

This is the chin slider on the ISN C4.
DSC06768.JPG Better.
I just bought the ISN C4: A beautiful cable indeed, it arrived yesterday. When I opened the box, I then realized I accidentally had ordered the wrong cable, I should have paid more attention to the scrolling bar of choices...I got the mmcx, wanted the two-pin .78mm... Anyone want to switch? Dang

Jun 4, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #4,293 of 9,185
Anyone compared ISN H16 to S16?
I’d pair with my IMR RAH that I’m listening with **** 16core (16core x 16wires) silver plated.
I’d like to get more air and open highs but I don’t want to loose amazing mids and bass

I would go for the S-16. These are copper cables that is coated with silver. It is what a hybrid cable should be vs what these folks consider a hybrid cable. Is even more copper. Might as well get a pure copper cable if your gonna go hybrid or H-16.

Jun 4, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #4,294 of 9,185
H16 or S16 is my doubt!

Jun 4, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #4,295 of 9,185
Contact Penon. Ask them if you can change it out with them. It might cost you a bit for shipping but it couldn't hurt to ask.
Thx. Dsnuts, I did that. I'll wait for their response. I think I may have gotten the recommendation originally from you. I do appreciate the follow up from you... :)

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #4,297 of 9,185
I thought the same and could be my cup of tea for my IMR RAH where I miss some highs compared to mids and bass

Jun 7, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #4,298 of 9,185
Any advice for a good cable, for my Unique Maestro v2, with QDC 2pins connector?

Jun 7, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #4,299 of 9,185
Thx. Dsnuts, I did that. I'll wait for their response. I think I may have gotten the recommendation originally from you. I do appreciate the follow up from you... :)
Yep, they were more than helpful, I mailed it back and will await their re-shipment...Thx for the prompt.
Cheers

Jun 7, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #4,300 of 9,185
Any advice for a good cable, for my Unique Maestro v2, with QDC 2pins connector?

Your gonna have to find some cables that actually has QDC connectors. I believe the NiceHCK C-16, S-16, H-16 all give choices for QDC connectors. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000319405417.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.13a270196Vw0Pv

If you look around you can find some rebranded ones for a bit cheaper. These cables are solid for the price. Only catch is with stuff coming out of China it is always a crap shoot now when you will get your items due to flight regulations .

Jun 7, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #4,301 of 9,185
Can anyone recommend any L-angle/Right angle balanced 2.5mm cables in QDC and/or MMCX?

The only one I can find is the HifiHear 16 core cable, which is great and I've bought in both MMCX and QDC already. I would like more right angle cables :)

Jun 9, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #4,302 of 9,185
Before I ask my question fantastic thread, hats off to everyone involved for all the time and money that must go into a thread such as this.

I'm looking for a cable to use with my spring 1's/ ibasso DX120 - 2.5mm balanced, pure copper, 0.78mm connectors, soft cable (softer the better), earhooks and as cheap as possible.

I've got a couple of cables for other IEM's with mmcx connectors. My favourite is a 'banned brand' cable it's soft and sounds great doesn't have earhooks. But I cant see a version with earhooks made from the same wire 🤷‍♂️

I have had a good look through this thread and also through hakuzen's list but being a newbie I've found it all a bit confusing and thought I'd ask directly. I'm also open to any suggestions and all ears.

And finally..... what is the connector on the Blon BL03? I currently use a TRN 0.78mm but would prefer a cable with the right connectors.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #4,303 of 9,185
what is the connector on the Blon BL03? I currently use a TRN 0.78mm but would prefer a cable with the right connectors.

The proper connector for the Blon BL-03 is known as NX7 or TFZ.

It will fit without mods, and will leave a small gap to allow for the bass vent to function without being blocked.

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #4,304 of 9,185
Cant say. Even among silver coated cables there is a difference. Reason why you see such a wide variation in prices. Materials has a lot to do with price but manufacturers mark up prices according to what they want in the margins too so it all depends. No real rule all these cables goes by.

I have cheaper SPC cables that end up not sounding as good as the more expensive ones. The cables I found that are good indicators in price meaning your going to get a certain level of quality for the price are Penon cables. Since I reviewed a lot of them I got to know their sonic qualities first hand and they all have a good value to price ratio.

The cables from Aliexpress are wildly varied in quality and in price. I have some $25 cables that are as good as some $60 ones. And some $60 ones that are as good as $100 ones. Some more expensive ones that aren't that good ect. Cables are difficult to gauge. This is a case of you wont know till you end up having a lot of them to compare which is a wacky way of figuring out what works and what doesn't but if you own a lot of IEMs like I do then having your share of cables is actually worth owning.

Why not go with a good copper cable for a bit of a change up in sonics. That BLOCC I should get very soon. will report how they are as soon as I get it.
Did your BLOCC cable arrive? I'm looking at what's on sale coming up..... thanks 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back