Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 28, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #3,946 of 9,223
Those are some beautiful pictures, do you have any electro acousti cables that you can compare with?

Unfortunately not yet. I'll hopefully order the EA mixed Copper/SIlver cable once the Chinese New Years holiday is over.

Jan 28, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #3,947 of 9,223
Bought into the hype of the FAAEAL 4-core Cu Litz cable, and it's indeed worth the hype. Rather soft and pliable, not too heavy, and the pre-formed memory hook is very much manageable. It also looks quite good in person.

Only gripes so far: that useless chin-slider, and the 3.5mm jack is a tad too heavy for my liking.

Newbie here, may I know whats about the hype on this?

Jan 28, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #3,948 of 9,223
Newbie here, may I know whats about the hype on this?
Well, they are really cheap considering that Litz structure, and the build quality belies the price tag.

Jan 29, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #3,951 of 9,223
Hi all,

I have heard good things about ISN I was reading this and other threads trying to see which might suit me better between the C16 and H16, and then saw pictures of how fat they are, which made me think maybe the H8 would be better.

Anyways, any comments on C16 vs H16, or either 16 vs the H8?

I have simgot PRO700 and will be adding a hiby R5 to the mix shortly.

Thanks for the help!

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #3,952 of 9,223
You want more detail to the sonics or more warmth? Depends on how you want to shape that sound a bit. Looks like they included an SPC type cable for core with copper. If you like the sonics the way it is go for a SPC or ISN S8 cable will be fine for you.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #3,953 of 9,223
You want more detail to the sonics or more warmth? Depends on how you want to shape that sound a bit. Looks like they included an SPC type cable for core with copper. If you like the sonics the way it is go for a SPC or ISN S8 cable will be fine for you.

the included cable has copper and silver, so probably more like the ISN H8.

what would the difference be between the C16 and H16? and are the 16s too thick for walking around listening?

thanks.

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #3,954 of 9,223
Could anyone give a quick rundown on the sonic differences between versions (1 to 5) of the NiceHCK C-16? I know C-16-3 is popular around here, but has anyone used all 5 versions?

(Or just briefly what to expect from the different types of cables - I have no idea about copper vs silver vs hybrid, etc)

I'm a basshead - all copper would be best for bass (quantity)?

Aesthetically, I prefer C-16-4 (SPC silver plated copper) and C-16-5 (SPC silver plated copper + ofc high purity copper). But am I better off sticking with the C-16-3?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #3,955 of 9,223
Could anyone give a quick rundown on the sonic differences between versions (1 to 5) of the NiceHCK C-16? I know C-16-3 is popular around here, but has anyone used all 5 versions?

(Or just briefly what to expect from the different types of cables - I have no idea about copper vs silver vs hybrid, etc)

Aesthetically, I prefer C-16-4 (SPC silver plated copper) and C-16-5 (SPC silver plated copper + ofc high purity copper). But am I better off sticking with the C-16-3?

I have the version 1 and 3. Couldn't tell the difference as I didn't have time to test it with my Blon 03. The version 1 has been tied to my TRN V90 for now, and the ver. 03 to my Blon.

FB_IMG_1580355810694.jpg

Still happy with these though. But really want to know about ver 4 and 5 :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #3,957 of 9,223
Anyone here know of any still-available cables compatible with the DUNU DN-2002? I've unfortunately had to sell the majority of my iems, and am in the process of trading my very last pair for a set of these (I've been after a pair for a while, lol). I'd be looking for a high-purity copper or single crystal copper cable in 2.5mm if that helps any. The 2002 has some kinda weird MMCX connectors that I don't think many companies made.

Jan 30, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #3,958 of 9,223

I recently had the C-16-3 from NiceHCK (came with my NiceHCK NX7 Pro), and very pleased with. For a copper cable, I have to say that I'm impressed. Very good transparency and details. It's still on the warmer side but done right (bass not exagerated thought, and mids are well preserved). A nice surprise which I didn't entended from this cable at first sight (and for my first 16 cores cable).
I noted that this cable requires a lot of hours of proper burn-in before sounding their best.

Feb 1, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #3,960 of 9,223
So, Aliexpress sale is almost over. I've put alot of stuff in my cart but my budget wasn't big. Decided I could swing about $50. So, instead of buying new iems, I thought I'd just spring for a couple new cables for the iems I already own. Got the Nicehck NX7 PRO cable, for my non pro NX7 and a Tripowin Zonie SPC QDC 2.5mm balanced for my ZS10 PRO. Both these iems are so good to my ears, that I thought they deserved better cables than they are currently sporting. Let's see how long they take to get to me here in Canada, especially with all this coronavirus crap going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back