Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Aug 26, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #2,371 of 9,211
Now that the aliexpress sale has started today, I'm interested in getting some cables, maybe even some TRN ones. But remember the TRN 8 core cable fiasco a few months back, where there were some unsoldered cables? I'm very grateful that our esteemed members of headfi here sacrificed their cables, dissecting them to bring the truth to us.

Anyone knows if TRN fixed their 8 core cables? I'm pretty sure they used a different manufacturer after this incident, but not sure if the older unsold batches are still circulating around.

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #2,374 of 9,211
I recently decided I wanted a second single-crystal copper 2-Pin cable (most iems I have are 2-pin) after loving the one that my R2 Aten came with. I was going to go the normal Ali route, but I'd been browsing Amazon for a Type-C female to USB-A male adapter and came across this one:

https://www.amazon.com/HifiHear-Rep...a7-9a06cf1bb7ff&pd_rd_i=B07RTXJ9DR&th=1&psc=1

I apologise if this is from a banned seller or anyone like that. But this cable is amazingly soft, and seems built extremely well, too. The sound is definitely on par or better than any of my other cables (I have a few NiceHCK, TRN, and **** cables I've always thought were great as well). I'd definitely recommend it for anyone looking for something like this. I've yet to hear / own a pure silver cable; hopefully that'll be the next on the list lol. It's just, from what I've read, tough to make sure you're actually getting real pure silver. Anyone have any good experiences finding affordable legit pure silver cables anywhere?

20190826_110303.jpg

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #2,376 of 9,211
Aug 26, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #2,377 of 9,211
I hear you on the wait times, on these sales it is worse. They seem to wait till they get the bulk of their orders to ship anything. Which is kinda strange. But that is what they seem to be doing.

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #2,379 of 9,211
The three options you linked to are in my List of cables (please use some time to surf around it). You can find option 2 below $30 in other shops (it's identical cable, I got both). From the three, I'd say option 3 is the best one overall, sound + comfort wise.

Thanks for your input, I just pulled the trigger on cable130 to use on the TFZ No.3. I gotta admit that I had a hard time pulling the trigger and paying $60 to be used on a sub $100 iem.

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #2,381 of 9,211
I hear you on the wait times, on these sales it is worse. They seem to wait till they get the bulk of their orders to ship anything. Which is kinda strange. But that is what they seem to be doing.
And this time there are some things going on in hongkong and most of the stuff is shipped thru hongkong

Aug 26, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #2,382 of 9,211
Thanks for your input, I just pulled the trigger on cable130 to use on the TFZ No.3. I gotta admit that I had a hard time pulling the trigger and paying $60 to be used on a sub $100 iem.
I answered which cable is better from your 3 options, regardless of price. You'll be able to use this cable for other future IEMs, to justify the invest. If you don't plan to get better IEMs, I agree with you, keeping cable below $30 for a $100 IEM is a better proportion.
Your option 2 (cable 155) was good enough, and can be found below $30, as I told you: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32964307166.html (link in my list of cables, not balanced jack options though), and it's identical (confirmed) to those sold for >$60 in other shops.

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #2,383 of 9,211
Anyone know of a good legit pure silver 2-pin 2.5mm cable on Ali? Thought I might actually finally grab one this time; I've heard so many "horror" stories (usually about cables said to be pure turning out to be kinda not) that I'd pretty much put my "cheaper silver cable" quest on an indefinite hold, lol.

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #2,384 of 9,211
I recently decided I wanted a second single-crystal copper 2-Pin cable (most iems I have are 2-pin) after loving the one that my R2 Aten came with. I was going to go the normal Ali route, but I'd been browsing Amazon for a Type-C female to USB-A male adapter and came across this one:

https://www.amazon.com/HifiHear-Rep...a7-9a06cf1bb7ff&pd_rd_i=B07RTXJ9DR&th=1&psc=1

I apologise if this is from a banned seller or anyone like that. But this cable is amazingly soft, and seems built extremely well, too. The sound is definitely on par or better than any of my other cables (I have a few NiceHCK, TRN, and **** cables I've always thought were great as well). I'd definitely recommend it for anyone looking for something like this. I've yet to hear / own a pure silver cable; hopefully that'll be the next on the list lol. It's just, from what I've read, tough to make sure you're actually getting real pure silver. Anyone have any good experiences finding affordable legit pure silver cables anywhere?

Anyone know of a good legit pure silver 2-pin 2.5mm cable on Ali? Thought I might actually finally grab one this time; I've heard so many "horror" stories (usually about cables said to be pure turning out to be kinda not) that I'd pretty much put my "cheaper silver cable" quest on an indefinite hold, lol.
Yes, most chinese sellers lie when they say the wire is pure silver.
The only certified pure silver cable i own is cable 173/174 (4/8 28awg cores), check my list. The wire is authentic Neotech UP-OCC silver (99%) and gold (1%) alloy; model AG-GD (you can search for it in internet, at hificollective for example).
I read some comparisons with other pure silver wires, and this wire was one of the best. The deepest sound stage I've found in a cable. Take in account that lows seem to have tighter decay (less sub-bass rumble, more impactful and detailed), and mids and highs seem to be clearer.
Other probable certified pure silver is FiiO LC-2.5D.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #2,385 of 9,211
Yes, most chinese sellers lie when they say the wire is pure silver.
The only certified pure silver cable i own is cable 173/174 (4/8 28awg cores), check my list. The wire is authentic Neotech UP-OCC silver (99%) and gold (1%) alloy; model AG-GD (you can search for it in internet, at hificollective for example).
I read some comparisons with other pure silver wires, and this wire was one of the best. The deepest sound stage I've found in a cable. Take in account that lows seem to have tighter decay (less sub-bass rumble, more impactful and detailed), and mids and highs seem to be more clear.
Other probable certified pure silver is FiiO LC-2.5D.
Gotcha; thank you man! Figured you'd know something good on the subject :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back