Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Apr 20, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1,186 of 3,520
Can you try to install older firmware version and see if the problem still exist? This is a small issues for me and I hope they will fix in the next update.

I came up from 1.1.1.1 and experienced the same problem there. Upgrading recently to 1.1.1.2 gave me hope but it didn't. Luck is neither with me as some others in this group do. Albums (folders) with song titles (files) went into oblivion never showed up again, no matter how long I waited. My Samsung is a genuine SD card. All the data files therein, once copied onto it, can be read in PCs and other DAPs viz. Sony WM 1Z, A&K 240 which I have. If LPGT is the odd man out, simple logic tells that it is the culprit, not the data card itself.

It seems that what twister6 reported above about LPGT's current indexing limit may be the actual cause of the problem. But it is absurd that a DAP which boasts its ability to read 1TB SD cards can only cater for a few k's. Be on the double, Lotoo! Get the issues resolved asap. Don't let your supporters down!

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #1,187 of 3,520
Now that all the fuss has been made, i am positive Lotoo will sort it out, but question is WHEN?? not soon is my guess, but eventually they will, there's no reason not to.
Plus,now there's some kind of explanation, im feeling better about it, i need to delete some music off the 512gb card and should see all then.
The disappointment comes from the fact that once more i am being sold a half baked product, luckily not on hardware level, LPGT should last well over the next few years as its top product otherwise.
Andrew @musictech has been great at responding and helping with this!
I feel, it'll all be fine at the end, a bit of suffering is ok for the following enjoyment
My only other problem is at the moment (no burning) i hear almost no difference between LPGT and A&K 1000m, i wish there's a bigger gap in sq to justify more spending and in this case particularly-weight, as 1000m is lighter, smaller for outdoor use, but there just isnt much b/n the 2 daps, both sound awesome, maybe burn in will make LPGT better enough to take its nominated place as my bedside unit..

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #1,188 of 3,520
I can confirm that by removing some 200gb off my card and leaving about 250gb music on it, the player immaculately displays everything, also, great that you can delete folders in the dap, no need to connect to pc to free space.
In a funny way, doing all this makes me be more affirmative about what i really wanna listen to. You know that feeling when you have all the music in the world, yet you're not sure what music fix you need. The idea of a large sd card is like Tidal i guess, an ocd feeling you need it there.
So, until file limitation on LPTG is sorted, it provides cure for sickos like myself
P.S. real relief to know the issue is ligical, hate to remember sleepless nights sorting libraries.
LPGT is a solid device, it is ultra fast and smooth scrolling, it is actually exactly what i wanted, a clean linux player with no bloatshit. You put the card, it doesn't even scan ,it's like mounting it in your computer, all immediate there.
As long as eventually you get to use 1 tb of music of course

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #1,189 of 3,520
Lotoo is great at issuing firmware updates. Look at the old LPG, still gets regular updates, that fix things, or bring other features etc.
I am very happy with the boot up speed and UI in general that I don't let other minuses to bother me now. Still no usb digital output, no streaming.
Maybe if we can scream loud enough Lotoo will look into these festures and add them later on :).

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #1,190 of 3,520
I can confirm that by removing some 200gb off my card and leaving about 250gb music on it, the player immaculately displays everything, also, great that you can delete folders in the dap, no need to connect to pc to free space.
In a funny way, doing all this makes me be more affirmative about what i really wanna listen to. You know that feeling when you have all the music in the world, yet you're not sure what music fix you need. The idea of a large sd card is like Tidal i guess, an ocd feeling you need it there.
So, until file limitation on LPTG is sorted, it provides cure for sickos like myself
P.S. real relief to know the issue is ligical, hate to remember sleepless nights sorting libraries.
LPGT is a solid device, it is ultra fast and smooth scrolling, it is actually exactly what i wanted, a clean linux player with no bloat****. You put the card, it doesn't even scan ,it's like mounting it in your computer, all immediate there.
As long as eventually you get to use 1 tb of music of course
Just wait untill the 2 tb SDXC 300 mb/s comes out in the near future. Will that be enough storage for all of us, on the go?

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #1,191 of 3,520
Hand on heart, I can say that LGPT tops Sony WM 1Z. I listened intently to Shirley Bassey's What Now My Love (Star Profile) on both daps, with Sony's IER Z1R. About half way through the song, a very light rhythmic brush cymbal sound started to be heard in the left ear. On the LPGT, this was crisp and clear, whereas on the Sony WM1Z, it was a little blurred and veiled. Minute difference this is, but amplified and applied to all other musical instruments and human voice, the end result is not insignificant. Overall, I seem to see a bluer sky and clearer water in the LPGT. Colors are clean and sharp, but just right in their rendition. Nothing overdone. And everything has its own space. Airiness and effortless, so to say. With the library listing issue resolved, LPGT should be THE terminator for me, at least for the coming two to three years.

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #1,192 of 3,520
Just wait untill the 2 tb SDXC 300 mb/s comes out in the near future. Will that be enough storage for all of us, on the go?
Only providing file limit is removed and MQA support added, then yeah 2tb will be fine for me

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #1,194 of 3,520
Lotoo is great at issuing firmware updates. Look at the old LPG, still gets regular updates, that fix things, or bring other features etc.
I am very happy with the boot up speed and UI in general that I don't let other minuses to bother me now. Still no usb digital output, no streaming.
Maybe if we can scream loud enough Lotoo will look into these festures and add them later on :).

Agreed. My old LPG is still awesome and I just applied another firmware update to it just yesterday. Also, I have been using 512GB card on it for a long time without any issues, so I'm sure they will sort things out on LPGT as well.
By the way, I have also just ordered PAW Pico (as a backup for my Tera).

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #1,195 of 3,520
Hand on heart, I can say that LGPT tops Sony WM 1Z. I listened intently to Shirley Bassey's What Now My Love (Star Profile) on both daps, with Sony's IER Z1R. About half way through the song, a very light rhythmic brush cymbal sound started to be heard in the left ear. On the LPGT, this was crisp and clear, whereas on the Sony WM1Z, it was a little blurred and veiled. Minute difference this is, but amplified and applied to all other musical instruments and human voice, the end result is not insignificant. Overall, I seem to see a bluer sky and clearer water in the LPGT. Colors are clean and sharp, but just right in their rendition. Nothing overdone. And everything has its own space. Airiness and effortless, so to say. With the library listing issue resolved, LPGT should be THE terminator for me, at least for the coming two to three years.
That's good to hear as 1Z is my point if reference , i torture myself at present trying to convince me purchase was good, but i will have to play it for at least 150h before i judge .
How long has yours been playing roughly, did you notice improvements?

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #1,196 of 3,520
Why is the MQA important for you? Does it sound better then DSD256 well recorded for example?
It sounds different, not necessarily better,i only have a few albums, it saves space and if it doesn't sound better it certainly doesn't sound worse than a much larger file wasting your daps battery too

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #1,197 of 3,520

Very good to know, i wasn't sure if they are as there's no real support over here.
How are they gonna get in touch with us here, announce the updates on this thread?

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #1,198 of 3,520
Btw, with totl iems like Legent and Solaris i see no benefit using any of the eq tweaks, call me a purist.
Xrs doesn't change much, if anything soundstage shrinks a tiny bit and a tiny extension is added both ends thats not needed for these 2 iems.
The eq is tops tho, no volume drop, tho i imagine it'll only benefit cans that need either more bass or treble or tracks that are poorly,quietly mixed

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #1,199 of 3,520
Apr 20, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #1,200 of 3,520
Agreed. My old LPG is still awesome and I just applied another firmware update to it just yesterday. Also, I have been using 512GB card on it for a long time without any issues, so I'm sure they will sort things out on LPGT as well.
By the way, I have also just ordered PAW Pico (as a backup for my Tera).
Let me know how the Paw Pico is, I really wanted to get it also, but only 32 GB memory was what stopped me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back