Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Apr 19, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #1,171 of 3,520
Very impressed with the LPGT so far, and the instrument separations is precise and accurate, bass is tight and powerfull. Every instrument is well placed. I am thinking that I can learn Spanish just listening to latino songs, that's how clear the vocals are. If the burn in really existent with this player and and the sound improves after 100-200 hours, then is definitely a keep. The background is very black , and the player it's neutral, nothing is coloured exactly as I like the sound signature.
And this player really make my headphones......Koss Porta Pro modified sing, lol.
Anyone can compare the Rai Penta with W80? Much appreciated. One of the two will be my next purchase.
Why not try your expensive Meze headphone ?

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #1,175 of 3,520
I’ve mentioned this issue a while back and I have reported this to Lotoo several months ago but they still haven't fix this issue. Partly because none of the reviews mention this issue.

I’ve mentioned this issue a while back and I have reported this to Lotoo several months ago but they still haven't fix this issue. Partly because none of the reviews mention this issue.

I am using a Samsung 512GB card and facing the same problem. After the card has been half-filled up, folders copied start to have empty content, i.e. files cannot be seen on the LPGT. But these folders remain intact when viewed and played on the PC and other daps such as Sony WM 1Z. Unlike the situation reported by others here, my lost files do not reappear automatically on the LPGT later. This is really frustrating. If Lotoo cannot have this problem resolved, I think I'll return the LPGT, despite it being a top notch sound quality winner. What a pity!

Apr 20, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #1,176 of 3,520
I am using a Samsung 512GB card and facing the same problem. After the card has been half-filled up, folders copied start to have empty content, i.e. files cannot be seen on the LPGT. But these folders remain intact when viewed and played on the PC and other daps such as Sony WM 1Z. Unlike the situation reported by others here, my lost files do not reappear automatically on the LPGT later. This is really frustrating. If Lotoo cannot have this problem resolved, I think I'll return the LPGT, despite it being a top notch sound quality winner. What a pity!
Oh boy, this really is a BIG problem. After reading your (and the other messages) I wouldn't buy the LPGT because I also use such big cards that are full of music-files.

Apr 20, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #1,177 of 3,520
How would you compare lpgt with r2r2000 if you had a chance to play both devices?
I haven't heard the r2r2000 for a long time, so this is based only on a short impression
I think the LPGT has a better instrument separation, the music is more relaxed and not into your face and musical not dry. And if I remember well the LPGT is capable of extracting more and reproduce better well recorded music.

Apr 20, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #1,178 of 3,520
Can you try to install older firmware version and see if the problem still exist? This is a small issues for me and I hope they will fix in the next update.

Apr 20, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #1,179 of 3,520
Guys, my LPGT has a serious library, folder tree issues, is this after 1.1.1.2 update?
I have two 512gb, Sansa and Lexar plus ive tried now the 400 gb micro and my other 200gb etc cards, same music immaculately tagged over the years, working on all daps, home equipement, everwhere, fool proof files..So between the cards it whould show some of the files as visible but no tracks to be played, on the next sd card it would be different albums or folders, i can see them in folder veiw as artist/album, but it wont see any tracks to play, its random and its not to do with library/artist/album loading it, it wont see the tracks,again, perfectly tagged, in folder veiw which is plain monstrous considering theres nothing one can do about it.
I am frustrated beyond belief and spent most of the night trying to sort it, no success and am thinking of returning it..its the kind of issue that makes me very very very angry and reminds me of those days of A&K before they sorted their Androids out, now my 1000M has no such issues.
This shouldnt be happening on any level

Do you think it's a brand issue? I know your cards work on everything else but ive experienced before two brands one works one doesn't. I have a sandisk extreme 95mb 256gb card and it scanned in less than a few minutes

Apr 20, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #1,181 of 3,520
So, i am trying to get manually to a different firmware, but i dont see an option in the menu to upgrade, i have the coe file on the card but theres no way to upgrade..

Nothing is happening with loading new files, i am now sure the dap just doesnt scan for new files, every time you put a card it has remembered whatever happened the first time and it doesnt see anything new, i tried deleting album thats 'empty', it is definitely transfered, but LPGT would not see/scan it anymore.
I am totally, massively pissed off now, we are not talking about some 50 quid cheap stuff, this is going back!

Apr 20, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #1,182 of 3,520
So, i am trying to get manually to a different firmware, but i dont see an option in the menu to upgrade, i have the coe file on the card but theres no way to upgrade..

Nothing is happening with loading new files, i am now sure the dap just doesnt scan for new files, every time you put a card it has remembered whatever happened the first time and it doesnt see anything new, i tried deleting album thats 'empty', it is definitely transfered, but LPGT would not see/scan it anymore.
I am totally, massively pissed off now, we are not talking about some 50 quid cheap stuff, this is going back!
FB_IMG_1555381567092.jpg

Apr 20, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #1,183 of 3,520
I was kind of suspecting this is a case because the issue related to SD card narrows down to files visible in folder view but not when they are indexed for sorting under album/artists AND it has to do with higher capacity cards where you obviously store more files. I have seen this being reported with other DAPs, where it got resolved.

Just heard from MusicTeck, who got this info from Lotoo directly, this is just a file limit issue (max files they can index is limited to 8k-15k, depending on length of file) which Lotoo is working to address in the next fw update. So, hopefully will see this fix soon.

Apr 20, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #1,184 of 3,520
I was kind of suspecting this is a case because the issue related to SD card narrows down to files visible in folder view but not when they are indexed for sorting under album/artists AND it has to do with higher capacity cards where you obviously store more files. I have seen this being reported with other DAPs, where it got resolved.

Just heard from MusicTeck, who got this info from Lotoo directly, this is just a file limit issue (max files they can index is limited to 8k-15k, depending on length of file) which Lotoo is working to address in the next fw update. So, hopefully will see this fix soon.
Its great you are do close to MusicTeck that you can quickly inform HF.

Apr 20, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #1,185 of 3,520
Its great you are do close to MusicTeck that you can quickly inform HF.

Unfortunately, I don't see an English speaking Lotoo rep on Head-fi, and often local retailers/distributors become the "voice" of the company to bring out the message :D

As a reviewer, it's a lot easier and faster for me to contract retailers who can speak native language with manufacturer. Also, as it was mentioned, this particular issue wasn't brought up in the review. So, I also feel responsible, the same way how flash card capacity limit came up in Plenue L thread. I don't have high capacity flash cards and don't have enough songs to fill them up. File indexing limit has been a re-occurring issue early on in cayin, shanling, hiby, and other threads, and it all got tackled. In folder view you can see all the files. In artist/album view the sw/fw has to scan and index all those files and sort according to ID3 tag. Obviously, if there is a limit to max files you can index, that's a problem you gonna see with songs "disappearing". With flash card capacity going up and more files being stored, now we gonna see more of these issues surfacing up. But the interesting phenomenon here, people in Asia don't report this as often as people in US/Canada/UK do. So, maybe it has to do with cultural differences of music listening habits? :) Either way, hopefully this issue will get resolved soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back