Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Apr 20, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #1,201 of 3,516
Let me know how the Paw Pico is, I really wanted to get it also, but only 32 GB memory was what stopped me.

Reviewed PICO a few years ago here. It's a good little player when exercising/running/biking...

Apr 20, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #1,202 of 3,516
Well, since I'm being a messenger here :wink:, I got the official reply from Lotoo. They will create an account on HF soon, to be able to answer questions and post updates. But here is what I heard directly regarding this issue:

"Dear LPGT users, sorry for bringing you such unpleasant experiences. Let me explain in more details:

For fast exploring and smooth UI, LTOS (Lotoo OS) is indexing all the media information found on SD card, including filenames and metadata. With the current media management design, the total RAM allocated for the media database is a fixed value, so the max song limit could be variable, depending on the folder/file name length and metadata, it could store maybe 40k files like “abc.wav”, or 8k files like“Berliner Philharmoniker & Herbert von Karajan – Brahms: The Four Symphonies (1965/2017) [FLAC 24bit/96kHz].flac” with metadata.

We indeed underestimate the fast-growing SD capacity, but we began to look for the solution several months ago. The easy way is just enlarging the database RAM size, but this could be only a patch not a solution, so we’re reconstructing the whole media management module. This could take some time as it’s a very critical part in the system, but our aim is unlimited files with the same fast indexing speed.

We’ll make a post when the problem gets solved.

Lotoo R&D Team
"

Apr 20, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #1,203 of 3,516
Well, since I'm being a messenger here :wink:, I got the official reply from Lotoo. They will create an account on HF soon, to be able to answer questions and post updates. But here is what I heard directly regarding this issue:

"Dear LPGT users, sorry for bringing you such unpleasant experiences. Let me explain in more details:

For fast exploring and smooth UI, LTOS (Lotoo OS) is indexing all the media information found on SD card, including filenames and metadata. With the current media management design, the total RAM allocated for the media database is a fixed value, so the max song limit could be variable, depending on the folder/file name length and metadata, it could store maybe 40k files like “abc.wav”, or 8k files like“Berliner Philharmoniker & Herbert von Karajan – Brahms: The Four Symphonies (1965/2017) [FLAC 24bit/96kHz].flac” with metadata.

We indeed underestimate the fast-growing SD capacity, but we began to look for the solution several months ago. The easy way is just enlarging the database RAM size, but this could be only a patch not a solution, so we’re reconstructing the whole media management module. This could take some time as it’s a very critical part in the system, but our aim is unlimited files with the same fast indexing speed.

Lotoo R&D Team
"
Nice one twister. Lotoo being on head fi is also a massive step forward. Been using the touch today. I love it, very neutral but so much control eq wise

Apr 20, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #1,205 of 3,516
Sounds thick but how do you get to the screen where I can manually change frequencies? Eg not a set eq

Apr 20, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #1,206 of 3,516
Btw, with totl iems like Legent and Solaris i see no benefit using any of the eq tweaks, call me a purist.
Xrs doesn't change much, if anything soundstage shrinks a tiny bit and a tiny extension is added both ends thats not needed for these 2 iems.
The eq is tops tho, no volume drop, tho i imagine it'll only benefit cans that need either more bass or treble or tracks that are poorly,quietly mixed

Agreed. I think maybe xrc makes it a little too bright for me. I've used some of the presets but I like the original the best. Also use it with my legend and solaris.

Apr 20, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #1,208 of 3,516
I have been using 512GB card on it for a long time without any issues, so I'm sure they will sort things out on LPGT as well.

Thanks. Great encouragement to us new comers to Lotoo!

That's good to hear as 1Z is my point if reference , i torture myself at present trying to convince me purchase was good, but i will have to play it for at least 150h before i judge .
How long has yours been playing roughly, did you notice improvements?

My WM 1Z is now at its 1114 hrs. Sound improvement after 300/500 hrs? Seemed more mellow, seasoned and moistured.

If you don't want to check your LPGT for OTA updates, just look here, now and again.
Every update and changes are put here at this link :http://www.lotoo.cn/about/fuwu/xiazaizhuanqu/

Thanks as well. Will certainly do it frequently.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #1,210 of 3,516

Lotoo R&D Team
"

Big kudos to you, twister6, for this very good news. This makes life more hopeful. I earnestly look forward to the day when I can browse thru my 512GB SD card without restriction and pick the songs according to my mood at the very moment. It's the freedom of choice that I need, not just the volume that matters.

I meant on the LPGT, just wondering how much it benefits from burn in

My LPGT has been running for a mere hundred hrs or so. Already sounded superb right from the beginning. Just like any other electronic gears with resisters and capacitors, it should continuously improve its sound quality with time when its components are charged up - the change should be more mellow and pleasant to the ears. Time will tell.

Apr 21, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #1,211 of 3,516
software.jpg
software.jpg

I really want to get to the screen on the far left but don't know how. Apologies but can somebody let me know how. Never used a lotoo before

Apr 21, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #1,212 of 3,516

I really want to get to the screen on the far left but don't know how. Apologies but can somebody let me know how. Never used a lotoo before
The PEQ UI settings have changed since earlier firmware.
Go to Settings>Set DSD Native to off>Under DSD Native is the EQ settings>PMEQ>Click the top right list button to edit PEQ profile>Click bottom left PEQ icon to create a PEQ profile
Make sure to export your PEQ profile each time you save or the changes you've made will be lost after a shutdown.
High pass filter currently does not work.

Apr 21, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #1,213 of 3,516
Hang on
Still can't find it.
1. Click on settings
2. Where next can't find dsd?!

Apr 21, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #1,214 of 3,516
Hang on
Still can't find it.
1. Click on settings
2. Where next can't find dsd?!
The settings is call "DSD Native" on Korean version but on English version it's "Hardware decode". Oops.
Borrow from Twister's review.
lpgt-38.jpg

Apr 21, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #1,215 of 3,516
The settings is call "DSD Native" on Korean version but on English version it's "Hardware decode". Oops.
Borrow from Twister's review.
lpgt-38.jpg
Thanks so much for your patience. Found it. Now to try and understand all the options!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back