Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Apr 19, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #1,142 of 3,520
Guys, my LPGT has a serious library, folder tree issues, is this after 1.1.1.2 update?
I have two 512gb, Sansa and Lexar plus ive tried now the 400 gb micro and my other 200gb etc cards, same music immaculately tagged over the years, working on all daps, home equipement, everwhere, fool proof files..So between the cards it whould show some of the files as visible but no tracks to be played, on the next sd card it would be different albums or folders, i can see them in folder veiw as artist/album, but it wont see any tracks to play, its random and its not to do with library/artist/album loading it, it wont see the tracks,again, perfectly tagged, in folder veiw which is plain monstrous considering theres nothing one can do about it.
I am frustrated beyond belief and spent most of the night trying to sort it, no success and am thinking of returning it..its the kind of issue that makes me very very very angry and reminds me of those days of A&K before they sorted their Androids out, now my 1000M has no such issues.
This shouldnt be happening on any level
I’ve mentioned this issue a while back and I have reported this to Lotoo several months ago but they still haven't fix this issue. Partly because none of the reviews mention this issue.

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #1,143 of 3,520
I’ve mentioned this issue a while back and I have reported this to Lotoo several months ago but they still haven't fix this issue. Partly because none of the reviews mention this issue.

Thanks for sharing this,it sounds like I'll be sending it back..

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #1,144 of 3,520
i cant believe noone's noticed this
I encountered the same issue. But it was within one day after inserting an SD card. All the missing files magically showed up on the following day. So I guess it takes more than 24 hours to "complete" updating the database. Of course, it should not be that way. But some bugs slowing the system to complete the update, although more than 90% of the files are recognized and processed quickly. Possibly this is an issue with the latest 1.1.1.2. But since I'm not switching SD cards, I'm ok with this problem.

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #1,145 of 3,520
same album, shows perfectly on one card, not on another , same dap..im thinking the problem is scanning big capacity cards and failing with 20 percent of the content, cant think of any other logic if threres any

Hang on in there. So you have 2 micro SD cards, one from sandisk and another lexar, both used with their own SD adapters, have the same song content, and sandisk works ok but not lexar? Have you tried to switch adapters to see if there is an issue with an adapter compatibility?

The problem is that no manufacturer usually guarantees compatibility with every flash card memory brand because they implement different controller chips inside those cards and there could be a timing variation (though has to meet the spec). So, I don't know what Lotoo is going to reply to this.

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #1,146 of 3,520
Hang on in there. So you have 2 micro SD cards, one from sandisk and another lexar, both used with their own SD adapters, have the same song content, and sandisk works ok but not lexar? Have you tried to switch adapters to see if there is an issue with an adapter compatibility?

The problem is that no manufacturer usually guarantees compatibility with every flash card memory brand because they implement different controller chips inside those cards and there could be a timing variation (though has to meet the spec). So, I don't know what Lotoo is going to reply to this.
No, not adapters, both are the proper big cards, best there is..
But i also tried my so far dap used 2 other micro ones, same problems but as they are smaller capacity i assumed its the larg 512 ones, as in library scanning issue.
Hopefully as Giraku just pointed out, I'll report if files show suddenly out of the blue.
It makes some sense it just being slow with those 10 percent as different cards don't show different albums.

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #1,147 of 3,520
No, not adapters, both are the proper big cards, best there is..
But i also tried my so far dap used 2 other micro ones, same problems but as they are smaller capacity i assumed its the larg 512 ones, as in library scanning issue.
Hopefully as Giraku just pointed out, I'll report if files show suddenly out of the blue.
It makes some sense it just being slow with those 10 percent as different cards don't show different albums.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Yeah, definitely need to report this to Lotoo. Also, mention it to Musicteck so they report it to Lotoo as well.

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #1,148 of 3,520
All we need from lotoo is to either add manual library scan or make the folder browsing real, at the moment it's just linked to the artist/album brwosing,as in what shows in folder,shows in slbum,artist, folder should faithfully show what's on the card as you see on computer

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #1,149 of 3,520
Sorry, I misunderstood you. Yeah, definitely need to report this to Lotoo. Also, mention it to Musicteck so they report it to Lotoo as well.
Have emailed Lotoo, will tell Andrew too

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #1,150 of 3,520
What i am noticing now is its mostly my folders with full discography like Bowie, the cure etc, more than 7,8 albums in a folder
Other large folders are fine, so i think is very likely a sort of scan stuck, slow kinda problem and my hopes are it'll show the albums eventually, will stick to one card, the Lexar 512gb and leave it there.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #1,152 of 3,520
20190419_130416.jpg
Like, this album randomly shows a few songs, no taggs, but on other cards is all fine, so it's hopefully a scanning issue, just i have no patience for this

Apr 19, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #1,154 of 3,520
I encountered the same issue. But it was within one day after inserting an SD card. All the missing files magically showed up on the following day. So I guess it takes more than 24 hours to "complete" updating the database. Of course, it should not be that way. But some bugs slowing the system to complete the update, although more than 90% of the files are recognized and processed quickly. Possibly this is an issue with the latest 1.1.1.2. But since I'm not switching SD cards, I'm ok with this problem.

You've given me hope Obi One
Within those 24 hours, was the dap mostly off or you left it playing thru? Anything else you might have noticed ?
It does really make sense it just being slow, the randomness of file filling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back