Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Mar 26, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #1,036 of 3,520
So for you the more neutral sounds more musical ? What were the tracks that help you to come to this conclusion ?
No, it’s not that neutral to my ears. I said that general consensus of LPGT was neutral. My observation is opposite. SPKMG is more neutral. LPGT sounds musical to me.
I cannot list all the tracks, but I mainly listen to female jazz vocals like Diana Krall, Emilie-Claire Barlow, etc.

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #1,037 of 3,520
I am considering getting either the LPGT or SP1000M (Gold) so any feedback like this is appreciated.

Since you say you have both there is a quesion I would like to ask you (...or anyone else who owns either of them). Can you confirm whether these DAPs can manage FLACs with separate CUE files while browing folders?

Most of my music consist of FLAC+CUE files so I need to be sure that it won't be an issue.( I have searched the head-fi forums but I failed to find a definitive answer).

Thanks in advance.
I don’t know how to use CUE files. Actually, I googled it as I never heard about them. So, I can’t be of any help here.

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #1,038 of 3,520
I don’t know how to use CUE files. Actually, I googled it as I never heard about them. So, I can’t be of any help here.
Hi,

CUE files are simple text files where the extension is renamed to ".cue". They contain metadata and information on how a single music file is divided into tracks.

I have copied and pasted below an example of an exisiting CUE file.

REM GENRE Jazz
REM DATE 1963
PERFORMER "Charles Mingus"
TITLE "The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady"
FILE "Charles Mingus - The Black Saint the Sinner Lady.flac" FLAC
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Track A - Solo Dancer"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Track B - Duet Solo Dancers"
INDEX 01 06:39:57
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Track C - Group Dancers"
INDEX 01 13:25:02
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Mode D - Trio and Group Dancers; Mode E - Single Solos and Group Dance; Mode F - Group and Solo Dance"
INDEX 01 20:47:20

There is a single FLAC file "Charles Mingus - The Black Saint the Sinner Lady.flac" that contains the entire album. The CUE file simple tells the player how to divide the tracks. It is very easy system to use.

EDIT: You simply put both music file and CUE file in a folder and the player would recognise it and display it as separate tracks.

But if you don't use them then I will not ask any more of you. In any case, thank you for taking the time to respond.

If any one else would know the answer I would highly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #1,039 of 3,520
Hi,

CUE files are simple text files where the extension is renamed to ".cue". They contain metadata and information on how a single music file is divided into tracks.

I have copied and pasted below an example of an exisiting CUE file.

There is a single FLAC file "Charles Mingus - The Black Saint the Sinner Lady.flac" that contains the entire album. The CUE file simple tells the player how to divide the tracks. It is very easy system to use.

EDIT: You simply put both music file and CUE file in a folder and the player would recognise it and display it as separate tracks.

But if you don't use them then I will not ask any more of you. In any case, thank you for taking the time to respond.

If any one else would know the answer I would highly appreciate it.
Yes you can have a single FLAC image plus CUE file and it will show all the tracks on the LPGT. I just tested this with Cuetools.

Mar 26, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #1,040 of 3,520
No, it’s not that neutral to my ears. I said that general consensus of LPGT was neutral. My observation is opposite. SPKMG is more neutral. LPGT sounds musical to me.
I cannot list all the tracks, but I mainly listen to female jazz vocals like Diana Krall, Emilie-Claire Barlow, etc.
I see, so your style of music is soft, slow and soft voices. This style is not really pushing bass. I see why uou have the sp1000 abd Touch.

Mar 26, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #1,041 of 3,520
20190119_101225_001.jpg

My 3 faves. The case holds 3 so I keep 3

The A&K is about to go bye bye. (EQ is worthless and 2.5 is a relic)

Not sure what my new 3rd DAP will be?? Jmills...suggestion?

I think LPGT is quite neutral but since it has an epic/industry leading EQ/DSP architecture, I expect it to be so

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #1,042 of 3,520

I think LPGT is quite neutral but since it has an epic/industry leading EQ/DSP architecture, I expect it to be so

Where’s the N8? I recall your review on it and called it the best DAP on market, period.

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #1,043 of 3,520
Mar 27, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #1,045 of 3,520
Yes you can have a single FLAC image plus CUE file and it will show all the tracks on the LPGT. I just tested this with Cuetools.
I am very glad to hear that.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #1,047 of 3,520

Plenue L, Chris! You love your EQ and sound tweaking too much :wink:

Mar 27, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #1,048 of 3,520
Where’s the N8? I recall your review on it and called it the best DAP on market, period.

It slipped right of of it's cover...more like flew out...and hit a sofa (thank you God). I knew it was time to move on before that $3,000+ Chinese jumping DAP decided to take another leap. The fingerprints drove my O.C.D insane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back