Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Apr 5, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #1,068 of 3,520
That 3D pattern on the back of Dignis LPGT Helios case is mesmerizing. Also, the flow of the pattern into the golden volume knob looks very nice. The leather is smooth, fits like a glove, playback control buttons are easier to feel when you slide your finger, and USB-C port opening at the bottom is more generous than a stock one. Stock leather case is good, but the leather is a bit "sticky" and not as tightly wrapped around. This Dignis case is just perfect.

*** just to clarify, since a few asked me about it. LPGT stock case is very tight and secure, not easy to slide the DAP out. When I say "not as tightly wrapped around", I mean the outer layer of Lotoo's stock case, while the inner layer is tight and fits like a glove. The Dignis case doesn't feel like you have inner/outer layers, it's one solid leather case. Hope this explanation makes more sense.

dignis_lpgt_case-14.jpg dignis_lpgt_case-15.jpg dignis_lpgt_case-16.jpg dignis_lpgt_case-17.jpg dignis_lpgt_case-20.jpg dignis_lpgt_case-21.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #1,069 of 3,520
Apr 8, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #1,073 of 3,520
Apr 8, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #1,074 of 3,520
Would anyone can help me to choose either LPGT and N8 BB? I have been torn and can’t decide which one to get. Thank you.
That's not easy to answer, as they both seem to be quite different. Best will be for you to try them both if possible. For my taste it will be LPGT. Reasons: design, frequent firmware updates, ( already a great one ) lighting fast boot up, volume wheel, etc. Just to mention a few.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #1,075 of 3,520
That's not easy to answer, as they both seem to be quite different. Best will be for you to try them both if possible. For my taste it will be LPGT. Reasons: design, frequent firmware updates, ( already a great one ) lighting fast boot up, volume wheel, etc. Just to mention a few.
How long have you been using your Touch ? Which shop did you use ?

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #1,077 of 3,520
Apr 8, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #1,078 of 3,520

I kind of like the LPGT design and want to try a different OS (fast or slow I wouldn’t care) but it looks like having most advantages of the modern DAPs. However, N8 BB has nu-tube and big battery (7000mAH) but it is expensive and heavy!

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #1,079 of 3,520
I kind of like the LPGT design and want to try a different OS (fast or slow I wouldn’t care) but it looks like having most advantages of the modern DAPs. However, N8 BB has nu-tube and big battery (7000mAH) but it is expensive and heavy!
Big battery doesn't mean long playback time necessarily .
As per my previous post, do your homework right so you won't be disappointed.
I would say if you are in the States give MusicTeck a call and see if you can get the LPGT on loan for few days and see if you like it.

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #1,080 of 3,520
I have both the N8 and the LPGT, different signature, being the N8 warmer that the Touch, which i usually prefer, but formy daily commute the Touch has become un-replaceable, better ergonomics, lighter, smaller and it's easier to access to the buttons even when it's in my pocket (especially with the new Dignis case).
I don't see any big differences in term of playback time between the 2 , even if the N8 has a bigger battery, the Touch doesn't get warm as the N8 and this is another plus for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back