Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Nov 25, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #3,436 of 3,520
For the MKII look here: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/711 in-ear/Unique Melody MEST Mk2
The first five filters should work
1700937772233.jpeg

Keep in mind that the Lotoo can not use the Q higher than 1. E.g. in filter 4 you use Q1 instad of 1,12.
To set these, go to settings->EQ->PMEQ->list on the right corner and then NEW.
When you set the type choos BPF for every band.
Sincerely Appreciated 👍 Is there any for Mest OG? I tried searching but can't seem to find anything...

Nov 25, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #3,437 of 3,520
Does anybody have good EQ settings for Meze 109 Pro, Shure SRH1540, and Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7B?

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #3,438 of 3,520
@mungster always end up with things that were yours. This LPGT case looks PHENOMENAL.

20231126_211338.jpg20231126_210916.jpg20231126_210907.jpg

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #3,439 of 3,520
XRC: Yes or No?

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #3,441 of 3,520
XRC: Yes or No?
Depends. I personally find XRC to sweeten things up. Dynamics are a noticeable step up.
Though I may argue effects depend on setup. I find such effects more apparent on Hybrids/DDs, BAs don't make much of a difference.

Nov 28, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #3,442 of 3,520
For people who have heard LPGT Ti and SP3000 I would love to know your opinion on how they compare on sound... Many Thanks...

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #3,443 of 3,520
For people who have heard LPGT Ti and SP3000 I would love to know your opinion on how they compare on sound... Many Thanks...
I have both... Sp3k has much darker background, little sharper, more airer, more punchy. LPGT Ti by the other hand is "rounded", IMVHO natural. Both complement each other. Astell sound better with my Mest Mk2, IE 600, Andromeda V3. For i.e. MMk2, U12t I prefer Lotoo.

Nov 29, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #3,444 of 3,520
I have both... Sp3k has much darker background, little sharper, more airer, more punchy. LPGT Ti by the other hand is "rounded", IMVHO natural. Both complement each other. Astell sound better with my Mest Mk2, IE 600, Andromeda V3. For i.e. MMk2, U12t I prefer Lotoo.
I sincerely appreciate you thoughts 👍

When you say a little sharper, do you mean sharper/brighter in treble? Also, does more punchy mean more punch/tightness/impact in bass?

I would also love to know how you would compare vocals between them. (vocal lover here)

Nov 30, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #3,445 of 3,520
The sound of the AK SP3k is traditionally for an AK is tasty.
In my opinion, this is one of the best taste top right now. I rate it on par with the LPGT Ti and better than the N8-2. Qualitatively, it is slightly inferior to the LPGT Ti in terms of accuracy, variability, scene sizes, image positioning, etc. However, it offers its own taste and many choose it.
It is softer and smoother, more rounded. The bass is softer, less sharp and hard. It has a noticeable, but not excessive, warmth. The middle is also warmer, more emotional, pushed forward, more moist, sweet and smooth. Instead, high frequencies are more comfortable. Traditionally, the AK has a rich and detailed treble, but it's also rich, solid and smooth.
Instead, LPGT Ti is the reference. On it, in a number of cases, you can hear that the bass plays somewhat differently, not so massively, but deeper, more accurate, more varied, not so warm. The middle is more accurate and realistic, but more restrained. Bigger dynamic range. High frequencies are in some cases more accurate and realistic, but harsher. Thus, they are more demanding to record.

Personally, it makes sense for me to have both of them. They have quite different approaches and complement each other well. If you have to choose one of them, I chose LPGT Ti. Because of the sound, but also because of the size and weight. AK SP3k is not a portable player at all. It is desktop, transportable. But not suitable for pants pockets.

Dec 2, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #3,446 of 3,520
The sound of the AK SP3k is traditionally for an AK is tasty.
In my opinion, this is one of the best taste top right now. I rate it on par with the LPGT Ti and better than the N8-2. Qualitatively, it is slightly inferior to the LPGT Ti in terms of accuracy, variability, scene sizes, image positioning, etc. However, it offers its own taste and many choose it.
It is softer and smoother, more rounded. The bass is softer, less sharp and hard. It has a noticeable, but not excessive, warmth. The middle is also warmer, more emotional, pushed forward, more moist, sweet and smooth. Instead, high frequencies are more comfortable. Traditionally, the AK has a rich and detailed treble, but it's also rich, solid and smooth.
Instead, LPGT Ti is the reference. On it, in a number of cases, you can hear that the bass plays somewhat differently, not so massively, but deeper, more accurate, more varied, not so warm. The middle is more accurate and realistic, but more restrained. Bigger dynamic range. High frequencies are in some cases more accurate and realistic, but harsher. Thus, they are more demanding to record.

Personally, it makes sense for me to have both of them. They have quite different approaches and complement each other well. If you have to choose one of them, I chose LPGT Ti. Because of the sound, but also because of the size and weight. AK SP3k is not a portable player at all. It is desktop, transportable. But not suitable for pants pockets.

Much Appreciated 👍

So you say the SP3000 has the mids pushed more forward but the LPGT Ti mids are more restrained? Would vocals be more forward on the SP3000 compared to LPGT Ti then?

I don't like the idea of softer, less sharp and hard bass... If that's the case, then the deeper bass on the Ti would suit my tastes better but I do like the idea of smoother treble though...

Dec 2, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #3,447 of 3,520
I sincerely appreciate you thoughts 👍

When you say a little sharper, do you mean sharper/brighter in treble? Also, does more punchy mean more punch/tightness/impact in bass?

I would also love to know how you would compare vocals between them. (vocal lover here)
Not brighter per se... but I mean less decays/echos on sound in general. Low-end strikes with more power, not bloat in every aspect. Just different approach to presentation. SP3k rather fun, Lotoo brings 'reference' tuning with 'musicality' in mind. LPGT is much linear, showing naturality. I cant easly decide which one I prefer :) Listen 'Wolf Alice' on Mest Mk2 is still yours preferences as hole... SP3k makes them even VV-shaped, but on that recording, Ellie voice still sound pretty well on Lotoo. Soundstage on both devices IMVHO is quite similar, but LPGT saperate instruments with more air. Astell have better 3d.
If U likes vocals did U try IEM from Custom Art? Their house-sound for vocal lovers is just wonderfull :)

Dec 3, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #3,448 of 3,520
Not brighter per se... but I mean less decays/echos on sound in general. Low-end strikes with more power, not bloat in every aspect. Just different approach to presentation. SP3k rather fun, Lotoo brings 'reference' tuning with 'musicality' in mind. LPGT is much linear, showing naturality. I cant easly decide which one I prefer :) Listen 'Wolf Alice' on Mest Mk2 is still yours preferences as hole... SP3k makes them even VV-shaped, but on that recording, Ellie voice still sound pretty well on Lotoo. Soundstage on both devices IMVHO is quite similar, but LPGT saperate instruments with more air. Astell have better 3d.
If U likes vocals did U try IEM from Custom Art? Their house-sound for vocal lovers is just wonderfull :)
Many Thanks...

So you're saying the bass hits with more power compared to the LPGT Ti? Other replys I've had say the bass is softer on SP3000...

I haven't heard any Custom Art IEM's but I do have Traillii on the top of my purchase list as many say this is the best for midrange and vocals...

Dec 4, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #3,449 of 3,520
Much Appreciated 👍

So you say the SP3000 has the mids pushed more forward but the LPGT Ti mids are more restrained? Would vocals be more forward on the SP3000 compared to LPGT Ti then?

I don't like the idea of softer, less sharp and hard bass... If that's the case, then the deeper bass on the Ti would suit my tastes better but I do like the idea of smoother treble though...
In this case, I would safely take SP3k. It is most likely more to your taste. It's a more emotional sound you're talking about.

Dec 4, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #3,450 of 3,520
Many Thanks...

So you're saying the bass hits with more power compared to the LPGT Ti? Other replys I've had say the bass is softer on SP3000...
You understand everything correctly. The SP3k's bass is softer and more integral, which is why it is perceived as more massive. At the same time, LPGT is stiffer and more accurate, but in some cases it has less mass, conveying what is in the record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back