Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Jan 3, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #3,466 of 3,519
I just rebooted it and it went fine.
I just went back to my IT guy and the SD card had 662gb free on it. I just deleted a large flac folder, retried, and same issue is occurring :frowning2:

I will try a different SD card, reformat, all that fun stuff, once I get home and hope to the Lotoo gods that it comes back to life.

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #3,467 of 3,519
I just went back to my IT guy and the SD card had 662gb free on it. I just deleted a large flac folder, retried, and same issue is occurring :frowning2:

I will try a different SD card, reformat, all that fun stuff, once I get home and hope to the Lotoo gods that it comes back to life.

Hi @qua2k ,
I already had exactly this problem. It’s related to the sd-card and the fact that LPGT Ti is really sensitive to any fault in the data simply speaking.

You only need to perform a deep formatting of the sd-card and the problem should be solved.

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #3,468 of 3,519
Correct, it is related to SD card, and even Lotoo addressed it in their FAQ questions, Q3: http://lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/FAQ/ talking about the debug screen. They recommend a specific format tool in that link, it's due to corrupt sectors on SD card.

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #3,469 of 3,519
Correct, it is related to SD card, and even Lotoo addressed it in their FAQ questions, Q3: http://lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/FAQ/ talking about the debug screen. They recommend a specific format tool in that link, it's due to corrupt sectors on SD card.
Hi @qua2k ,
I already had exactly this problem. It’s related to the sd-card and the fact that LPGT Ti is really sensitive to any fault in the data simply speaking.

You only need to perform a deep formatting of the sd-card and the problem should be solved.
Thank you both for this and @Amadeo Nospherathu for the side chat :)

I will run the tool and retry the SD card, should be good. For the moment, the player does work without an SD card inserted, so I do have music via USB today, so not all the way bricked :)

Jan 31, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #3,474 of 3,519
Of course, of course! Tired brain didn't make the connection. I truly appreciate your kind words then and now! I hope you and yours have been well also!

When more funds become available, I would definitely consider the Mjolnir. But, considering it's more than 3K more than the LPGT Ti, with only slightly better sound, I think I might be better off getting a bulkier-but-better value desktop setup, like an JCAT XE + Audio-gd DI-24HE + R-27 RE for like 3K less. :thinking:...

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #3,476 of 3,519
Of course, of course! Tired brain didn't make the connection. I truly appreciate your kind words then and now! I hope you and yours have been well also!

When more funds become available, I would definitely consider the Mjolnir. But, considering it's more than 3K more than the LPGT Ti, with only slightly better sound, I think I might be better off getting a bulkier-but-better value desktop setup, like an JCAT XE + Audio-gd DI-24HE + R-27 RE for like 3K less. :thinking:...
I'd say improvements are noticeable imo, especially in headroom and control. But yeah with increased size and MSRP, Mjolnir sounds less lucrative. That said, if one is only into iems, the Mjolnir is no slouch.

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #3,477 of 3,519
@nocturne19 Can you please comment more on the sonic differences you perceive between the LPGT (I guess your sig shows it's the non-Ti version) and the Mjolnir?

I suppose later on I could add an external amp like the Brise Tsuranagi or something from MASS-Kobo to bring out the best of the Mjolinir. But that's a lot of dough.

I'm curious what Lotoo are working on as far as their next portable DAP.

I guess my dilemma is: Just get a bulky, dedicated desktop setup, and later something more portable (like the next Lotoo DAP); or, get a Mjolnir as the flexible centrepiece for at home and on the go, yadda.

You can't use an external clock with the Mjolnir, but meanwhile, playing files directly off of the 'Ti' sounded pretty amazing, and I didn't exactly miss listening through SU-6 to my Audio-gd R-28. (I realize the SU-6 is a DDC and not a clock; just trying to cover a lot of ground without getting too long-winded).

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #3,478 of 3,519
@nocturne19 Can you please comment more on the sonic differences you perceive between the LPGT (I guess your sig shows it's the non-Ti version) and the Mjolnir?

I suppose later on I could add an external amp like the Brise Tsuranagi or something from MASS-Kobo to bring out the best of the Mjolinir. But that's a lot of dough.

I'm curious what Lotoo are working on as far as their next portable DAP.

I guess my dilemma is: Just get a bulky, dedicated desktop setup, and later something more portable (like the next Lotoo DAP); or, get a Mjolnir as the flexible centrepiece for at home and on the go, yadda.

You can't use an external clock with the Mjolnir, but meanwhile, playing files directly off of the 'Ti' sounded pretty amazing, and I didn't exactly miss listening through SU-6 to my Audio-gd R-28. (I realize the SU-6 is a DDC and not a clock; just trying to cover a lot of ground without getting too long-winded).
I have heard LPGT, LPGT Ti and Mjolnir. In fact I chose LPGT because of price and portability. But sound-wise Mjolnir is on another level. Probably I would say Mjolnir >> LPGT Ti > LPGT. LPGT occupies a neutral signature, while LPGT Ti has more energy in upper-mids and sounds more dynamic. The Mjolnir is somewhere between the two: It sounds like a softer LPGT Ti but with improved resolution, dynamics and staging. Despite being 2-3 times the size of LPGT (Ti), it does sound good.

I doubt if an external amp is required though. Compared to other DAPs, I actually think Mjolnir has excellent control. But yeah a dedicated amp may further let it shine.

I believe the Mjolnir is one of the top options for iems in the market, but I am uncertain whether it can really drive cans - it doesn't provide much power, probably less than L&P flagships.

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #3,479 of 3,519
I have LPGT TI and I love it.
I brought my Traillii to Munich last year and listened well Mjiolnir
with my Traillii.

He has sound similar to LPGT TI,but every parameter is little better.Then I bought Tsuranagi for LPGT TI and I am very excited, a big step over the single LPGT TI and I am very happy.

I don't know if LPGT TI + Tsuaranagi has similar quality than the single Mjiolnir because listened in last may, but I think is a definitive choice for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back